Blood in Ferelden: Chapter 1

load previous
Oct 23, 2015 7:42 pm
Jake, a little out of sorts after his first encounter with any people in this city, instantly distrusts the soldiers. He moves to the back of the group still holding the boy.

He whispers to Lockley, "I barely have any power left. I don't think I would survive another fight right now."
Last edited October 23, 2015 7:42 pm
Oct 23, 2015 7:59 pm
Lockley nods at Jake. "Me, too, although I have a little bit left to tend to the worst of our wounds."

To the guards, he says "We were badly treated by this bunch. Let me confer with my companions as to whether we are fit to confront more of these ruffians. Do you know from whom this child was taken?"

Lastly, to his companions, he checks everyone for wounds. Lockley himself is only half-whole.
Oct 23, 2015 8:17 pm
"Aye, the child was taken from a house on Hockney street. We were too late, they killed the child's parents, did this to the child," he gestures towards the weeping child with Jake, "then captured the child to take it back to wherever they're taking them to. Bann Nicola will take the child in and ensure it receives the best care."

"These stilled tongue are monsters, that I thought we'd dealt with back in '27, but they always come back the blighters."
Oct 23, 2015 8:23 pm
Overhearing Jake's worry, I look at him with a reassuring smile before turning back to the guards "We're just passing through. Thank the Maker this Bann Nicola is generous enough to take him in. What can we do to help?" I look around to everyone. "Surely, we are to help.
Oct 24, 2015 8:17 pm
Images of his own brothers and sisters swim before his mind's eye. He clasps Bray by the shoulder. "You can barely stand, what are these people to you that you would risk so much?" He focusses inward on the dwindled spark within him and brings forth what power he may. "Of course, we'll help," Lockley says forcing the magic within Bray once again, willing his wounds to close.

Edit: 6 point stunt! I'll reduce the mana cost to 0.
Last edited October 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Rolls

Heal vs TN 10, 2MP - (3d6+3)

(666) + 3 = 21

Heal - (2d6)

(56) = 11

Oct 24, 2015 9:05 pm
Still holding the boy and standing at the back of the group Jake still looks concerned, "How can we trust theses people. The first people we have run into have tried to kill us, and apparently this boy. Now we will hand him over to the next people that show up?"
Oct 26, 2015 2:54 pm
Rothas shrugs. "If there are more of these bozos around, I'll be happy to tear them down."
Oct 26, 2015 6:28 pm
"Good, we have to check two more addresses, we recovered a list from another of the buggers. If you could help us by checking the address on Tern street, we'll go to Dogget Lane. If you don't see me again tonight, look for me tomorrow at Bann Nicola Baranti's Manor. There's a reward in it."

Without waiting, the guardsman hands a sheet to Rothas, and hurries off into the mist with the rest of his squad, leaving one slightly nervous guardsman behind, approaching sheepishly to Jake and the child. "Please sir, I can assure you that Bann Nicola is of the highest possible character, and the child will be treated as one of her own..."

Bray, and likely Lockley will know of Bann Nicola Baranti, she has an extensive history of humanitarian (and elfinitarian?) outreach in Denerim, she has occasionally even helped build orphanages and soup kitchens in the Alienage as well.
Oct 26, 2015 6:44 pm
Lockley passes this on. "Jake, she is known here for such acts. If you wish, we can check up on the child later."
Oct 26, 2015 6:49 pm
Jake reluctantly passes the boy along after hearing of her reputation. "As long as he is going into safe hands. What about the others? Shall we hurry to them?", he asks. Once again winded from the fight and feeling quite tapped out.
Oct 26, 2015 11:39 pm
I smile, happy to hear one who is so reputed for generosity taking the child in. "Let's continue to Tern Street. These cultists cannot be allowed to harm another innocent!"
Oct 27, 2015 1:23 am
"I was hopin' t' git some breakfast first but alright. Somethin's ALWAYS ruinin' me breakfast! If it's not some damned cult it's spiders an' goblins!"
Oct 27, 2015 4:18 am
Jake manages to regain some of his spent magical energy as they work their way to the next location.

Rolls

Regaining Mana (per DM) - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Oct 27, 2015 6:49 pm
Using the address on the note, you find your way toward the Tern street address. As you approach, nothing seems out of the ordinary at the house. The house is dark inside save for a single dim light, probably from a single candle.

Make a Perception(Seeing or Hearing) test.

Lockley may still refresh his mana as per 1 hour rest if desired.
Oct 27, 2015 6:54 pm
Jake does his best to see what is going on inside the residence.

Rolls

Seeing (Perception) - (3d6+1)

(543) + 1 = 13

Oct 27, 2015 9:13 pm
Grapthor, a little too short for the window, listens at the door.

Rolls

Listen - (3d6+1)

(156) + 1 = 13

Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm
Lockley hangs toward the rear, and lets the armored folk proceed him. Nevertheless, he tries to see and hear what's going on.

Edit: 6SP, woot... I'll take the 4SP Exploration Stunt, The Upper Hand, and the 1SP stunt, Advantageous Positioning.
Last edited October 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Rolls

Regain mana - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Perception - (3d6)

(646) = 16

Oct 28, 2015 8:17 am
Rothas also tries to listen, to see if he can hear anything in the house.

Edit: Using the 3 Stunt Points to use "That Makes Me Wonder," this time listening to the area surrounding the house rather than the house itself.
Last edited October 28, 2015 8:21 am

Rolls

Perception (Listen) - (3d6+1)

(323) + 1 = 9

Perception (Listen) to surrounding area - (3d6+1)

(345) + 1 = 13

Oct 28, 2015 6:08 pm
As you approach the quiet looking house it becomes apparent to Jake and Grapthor that it isn't nearly as quiet as it looked. From inside the building they can hear what sounds like muffled cries for help, accented by banging sounds as if someone were beating on a door within the building. Grapthor also notices that the light doesn't seem to be flickering like a normal lamp light would.

Lockley, hanging in the back of the party, hears a sound from the alley behind the house. Rothas' sudden inspiration to explore the outside of the house alerts him to the sound of feet in the alley behind the house as well.

Okay, so we'll say that Grapthor hears this on his way to the window. Lockley you can let me know how you want your advantageous positioning to work out for you.

Let me know if you want to make any final adjustments to your positioning, and roll initiative. Lockley with your +3 bonus.

Map
Oct 28, 2015 7:13 pm
"There's trouble." Grapthor growls, and draws his battle-axe and mace.

Yeah, gonna try dual weapon style this time. Am I correct in understanding that I attack twice per round this way?
Last edited October 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (3d6+2)

(231) + 2 = 8

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.