OOC Thread

load previous
Mar 20, 2019 6:37 am
Should I assume we would only be getting regular items? Otherwise I could see Yelnar trying to work out how many different varieties of masterwork weapon he could feasibly carry, and then which ones would the most useful. Not from a power gamer standpoint, more that Yelnar would assume this mission is of vital importance, and would convince himself he needs a particular weapon for every just in case situation.

This is the sword you use when challenged to a duel by an honour bound monstrous race approaching the Summer Solstice....

This is the type of Trident uses by the Merfolk that dwelt on the SW shore of the Lake...

Etc
Mar 20, 2019 11:39 am
Moonbeam says:
What about if we check thrift stores? :D
Do you want cursed items, Moon? Because that's how you get cursed items haha
Mar 20, 2019 1:54 pm
I bought a bunch of herbs and whatnot, but no actual magic items. I know you said don't worry about mundane stuff, but it fit my character concept and didn't cost much.

- Holly and Mistletoe
- Garlic
- Wolfsbane
- Night Tea
- Alchemist's Kindness
- Salt
Mar 20, 2019 1:57 pm
If weight isn't a super intense issue, I am going to adjust Ember's belongings somewhat.

Edit: Is anyone bringing a tent?
Last edited March 20, 2019 2:02 pm
Mar 20, 2019 4:27 pm
Weight isn't an issue within reason. You'll be provided with means to carry supplies, but if you're going to really go all Costco-run on the poor Meriavan merchants, I'd like for you to indicate on your sheet what you carry with you on your person by default, and what you'll carry "in storage", as it were.

And yes, Chunky, regular items please. If you want to bring a small armory with you, that's fine, but again, follow the storage-vs.on-person guideline above. You might not have them immediately accessible to you in an emergency.

I didn't expect this to be quite the development it's become. It's kind of hilarious. :)
Mar 20, 2019 4:35 pm
Ember has an aggressive number of pockets, so she's good for the most part. Overall, I think she'd like to store her bedroll and rope. Going into a crawl, though, that's getting strapped on to her back. Can't be unprepared!
Mar 20, 2019 4:37 pm
Just send a traveling merchant with us!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-97XEluWusXs/TZ1PCtZdvTI/AAAAAAAAB4c/O9seq6Xl5Xg/s600/horsecraft1.jpg
Mar 20, 2019 4:41 pm
https://i1.wp.com/www.classicfilmfreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/1966-How-the-Grinch-Stole-Christmas-3-1.jpg

Anyone have a dog?
Mar 20, 2019 4:42 pm
lavtodd says:
Ember has an aggressive number of pockets, so she's good for the most part. Overall, I think she'd like to store her bedroll and rope. Going into a crawl, though, that's getting strapped on to her back. Can't be unprepared!
Now I'm imagining these enchanted pockets that reach out, mug passersby, and steal their stuff.
Mar 20, 2019 4:42 pm
I cast call animal.
Mar 20, 2019 4:44 pm
78RPMLife says:
lavtodd says:
Now I'm imagining these enchanted pockets that reach out, mug passersby, and steal their stuff.
Belt of Mimic! I'm homebrewing one now. I don't want one, but I'll post it here XD
Mar 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Anytime Athisa speaks I can't help but hear Professor McGonagall in my head.
Mar 20, 2019 5:10 pm
Ha! I hadn't made that connection, but there's something to it. She's a little friendlier than McGonagall, but you're probably not far off.
Mar 20, 2019 10:02 pm
And now that I look at the picture I chose, Daebulus might also be a space pirate.
Mar 20, 2019 10:18 pm
Please - don't mention space pirates.
Mar 20, 2019 10:33 pm
*whistling innocently*
Mar 20, 2019 10:47 pm
I see you.
Mar 20, 2019 10:52 pm
kona says:
Anytime Athisa speaks I can't help but hear Professor McGonagall in my head.
Haha! Yes!
Mar 20, 2019 11:05 pm
78RPMLife says:
*whistling innocently*
Moonbeam says:
I see you.
Now now, children. We get a whole new set of pain in this game! Let's let it grow organically XD
Mar 20, 2019 11:23 pm
lavtodd says:
78RPMLife says:
*whistling innocently*
Moonbeam says:
I see you.
Now now, children. We get a whole new set of pain in this game! Let's let it grow organically XD
I stand secure in the knowledge that my famously bad rolls will keep our party well-stocked in pain for the duration of the game.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.