OOC Thread

load previous
Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm
I figure the side RPs kind of exist in non-linear time, where we just keep embellishing things as and when we have time, while the main plot line carries on. No reason we can’t go back and post in the Jocular Marmoset thread, I know I intend to once Yelnar’s dealings with his family are complete - he’ll need a drink by then lol.
Mar 25, 2019 5:12 pm
So everyone has made an appearance in the Day 2 thread except Verrian, is that right?
Mar 25, 2019 5:23 pm
(sorry)
Mar 25, 2019 5:27 pm
Moonbeam says:
(sorry)
No no no, wasn't meant to call you out. Sorry!

I'm just trying to wrap my head around what all's going on after the weekend. :)
Mar 25, 2019 6:27 pm
Yep, we have seven players and here's who is in Day 2:

Ephwrath - AugustAsh
Krav - Kona
Elora - somebox
Yelnar - chunky04
Ember - lavtodd
Viani - bowlofspinach
Mar 26, 2019 4:58 pm
Question to the group:

Even with a 3, Viani's intimidate check was successful. I chose to make it an opposed check (vs. Kramat's sense motive), and rolled it on my hidden GM notes forum (he got a 2... I got a good laugh out of it). I forgot, however, that you can hide different elements of your rolls from public view.

So my question to the group is: would you rather I make those sorts of rolls entirely in secret (as in, you don't even see that I made a roll, like this time), roll publicly but hide the actual result, or roll publicly with the results visible?

Or do you even care? :)
Mar 26, 2019 5:03 pm
I'm fine with either of those, so just do it however you prefer
Mar 26, 2019 5:04 pm
I don't mind any which way. Though as a DM I've fudged rolls before to save butts.
Mar 26, 2019 5:09 pm
I'd like you to make them secret from everyone but me.
Mar 26, 2019 5:15 pm
Why do you want to see them, Moon? You already know that every roll will show the exact worst result for your character anyway
Mar 26, 2019 5:20 pm
I wanna see it coming, man.
Mar 26, 2019 5:22 pm
78RPMLife says:
Question to the group:

Even with a 3, Viani's intimidate check was successful. I chose to make it an opposed check (vs. Kramat's sense motive), and rolled it on my hidden GM notes forum (he got a 2... I got a good laugh out of it). I forgot, however, that you can hide different elements of your rolls from public view.

So my question to the group is: would you rather I make those sorts of rolls entirely in secret (as in, you don't even see that I made a roll, like this time), roll publicly but hide the actual result, or roll publicly with the results visible?

Or do you even care? :)
I'll support whatever works best for you. That's your prerogative as GM. :)
Mar 26, 2019 5:56 pm
No vote here, I'm easy. If it's a life or death situation though, I'd say roll it on the table!
Mar 26, 2019 6:03 pm
Story. Of. My. Life.
Mar 26, 2019 6:10 pm
Thanks for the input, folks. I feel better about putting the roll on the public forum and hiding the result, so we'll do that by default. If there's something big, I'll show the dice.
Mar 27, 2019 8:04 pm
Spinach, it's actually Yelnar's family (too many names to track, I apologize) you're going to first.
Mar 27, 2019 8:19 pm
78, what does Verrian know about the members of the other expedition group? Especially the guy from Obsidian College?
Mar 27, 2019 8:20 pm
Ahem, I knew that
Mar 27, 2019 9:47 pm
Moonbeam says:
78, what does Verrian know about the members of the other expedition group? Especially the guy from Obsidian College?
I'll post it here, and add them to the Important People thread in the Player Resources forum.

Kramat, Grank and Muoghan are all in the Important People thread already.

The halfling is Ulfar Cerris, a Valerman by birth, notable among Obsidian College as being more than a little flexible with the concept of personal belongings, but always happy to give things back after he's managed to pocket them. Generally amoral, but generally friendly.

The twins are Heira (a ranger and Veridium trainee) and Narise (a cleric of Orien). They claim no surname, but are from Ardraven by birth. They're not particularly notable for their skills or talents, they're simply capable.

The elf is Epau Orimai, a native of Meriava, who has been affiliated with Granite College longer than any of you have been alive, but doesn't seem to be in any sort of a hurry to rise in rank, to do anything meaningful with his life other than be a student. He's notable among Granite affiliates for his skill with two rapiers, and is certainly a talented fighter, he just... lacks ambition.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.