OOC Thread

load previous
Apr 3, 2019 11:37 pm
Shit! Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this thread today. I'll be home soon and will try to have Verrian contribute to the fight without getting anyone killed, lol.
Apr 4, 2019 10:02 pm
RPM, I've included rolls for potential attacks of opportunity, as these are a big part of Yelnars build. Let me know if you're OK with doing it this way - I'm hoping it will save some time.

Is it possible to put spoiler tags around the rolls so they don't take up so much room?
Apr 5, 2019 6:54 pm
Quote:
I'm rolling Knowledge: Nature to identify the creature, although I doubt it applies.
I wanted to ask, is there some kind of check I can make for these baddies, or would that have to wait until after combat?
Apr 5, 2019 6:55 pm
I think knowledge checks take up a standard action. And for undead, Religion is the right one, I thinn
Apr 5, 2019 7:15 pm
In most cases Knowledge checks don't take an action in Pathfinder. 78 may rule differently though, some people do. Highlighted green sentence below
Quote:
Knowledge (Int; Trained Only)
Monster Lore
You can use this skill to identify monsters and their special powers or vulnerabilities.

Check: In general, the DC of such a check equals 10 + the monster’s CR. For common monsters, such as goblins, the DC of this check equals 5 + the monster’s CR. For particularly rare monsters, such as the tarrasque, the DC of this check equals 15 + the monster’s CR or more. A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you recall another piece of useful information.

Action: Usually none. In most cases, a Knowledge check doesn’t take an action (but see "Untrained," below).

Retry? No. The check represents what you know, and thinking about a topic a second time doesn’t let you know something that you never learned in the first place.

Modifiers
Training You cannot make an untrained Knowledge check with a DC higher than 10.
Equipment (Library) If you have access to an extensive library that covers a specific skill, this limit is removed. The time to make checks using a library, however, increases to 1d4 hours. Particularly complete libraries might even grant a bonus on Knowledge checks in the fields that they cover.
Last edited April 5, 2019 7:17 pm
Apr 5, 2019 7:16 pm
Knowledge religion is the right one here, and it does not take an action. It’s free.
Apr 6, 2019 7:34 pm
So, who are we waiting for right now? 78RPM to respond to Krav's turn, or Elora as the next player up? I'm not trying to call anyone out. I'm just curious how this works since it's my first time doing combat in a PbP game, and I want to make sure I do it in the right order when it's my turn. :)
Apr 6, 2019 7:43 pm
I think Elora but I'm not sure
Apr 6, 2019 7:43 pm
We're waiting for Elora's player to post her attack next.
Apr 6, 2019 7:49 pm
I assume we all get one turn in initiative per cycle after this first round, even if things shuffle?
Last edited April 6, 2019 7:49 pm
Apr 6, 2019 7:57 pm
78RPMLife said initiative order for first round, then I think anyone posts at will subsequent rounds.
Apr 6, 2019 8:03 pm
How will that impact time? Like, my spell is good for one minute / 10 rounds on a table. I want to make sure I’m keeping things reasonable.
Apr 6, 2019 8:17 pm
I still assume just one action per person, just the order doesn't matter anymore then
Apr 6, 2019 8:24 pm
That’s what I figured. Thanks!
Apr 7, 2019 3:18 am
Each new round I’ll post the current round. After the first round, all the good guys can go in any order, still just one standard turn per player. Then the bad guys go.
Apr 7, 2019 4:14 am
Ok, cool. Thanks for clarifying that. I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
Apr 7, 2019 4:19 am
I would request that everyone post their attack roll and damage both in their post. Saves time, not waiting to see if your attack hit.
Apr 7, 2019 6:37 am
78RPMLife says:
Each new round I’ll post the current round. After the first round, all the good guys can go in any order, still just one standard turn per player. Then the bad guys go.
Hah, you think we're good guys
Apr 7, 2019 6:21 pm
I probably won’t get to the other group’s attacks until tonight. However, anyone who’s working against the draugr menacing Yelnar and others can go ahead and go now. The other group will be attacking the second one.
Apr 7, 2019 6:29 pm
Well, I'm online so I'll just go now!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.