OOC Thread

load previous
Apr 11, 2019 4:10 pm
You all crack me up. :D
Apr 12, 2019 5:10 pm
Might be worthwhile at this point to bring up an important point:

This campaign is intended to be a very open-ended sandbox style. You can decide to continue on to Yelnar's family estates. You can decide to investigate the Nest of Knives. You can do both (in any order) or neither. I'm completely serious when I say that I have a very high-level idea of what's going to happen in general, but there are an infinite number of ways to get there.

I've made 99.9% of this up almost literally on the spot (which can be loads of fun -- frog-people -- and also a pain in the neck -- second party that I have to do something with).

While we're on the subject of the second party, I lack the energy to RP them out right now, so I'm working under the assumption they're benefitting from the same negotiations with the frog-people that you are. Before departing the island for whichever destination you choose, if anyone wants to say anything to the other group, please let me know and we can play it out.
Apr 12, 2019 5:17 pm
Here's a proposal: What if we got the second party to go deal with the Nest of Knives as payment for the frog people's help? Then we could have forged that bond and paid the debt, the second party is out of the way, and we can continue on to Yelnar's estate.
Apr 12, 2019 5:20 pm
I would be fine with that if the party decides to go that way. It depends a lot on whether you'd like to RP both scenarios or let the Nest occur off-camera. I've got ideas for both scenarios, so take it whichever way you want.
Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm
My vote would be to proceed to the estate, but I can also see it being fun to tangle with the knife-birds and keep RPing with the frog people. So I'll go along with whatever the majority wants.
Apr 13, 2019 12:48 am
I think we can do better than just go beat up the birds. I’m thinking of it more as lets help uplift these Frog folk and create some helpful allies right near the city.

I assumed the second party would venture off on their own mission once we manage to get to the other side of the lake, probably also taking useful supplies from the estate first.

Yelnar is pretty single minded on finding out about his mother at this point.

There might also be useful things for the frogs at the estate also.
Apr 13, 2019 3:58 am
I’m up for doing the estate, then coming back. But I’m flexible.
Apr 13, 2019 6:05 am
Having the second group help the frogs while we check out the estate seems optimal to me.
Apr 13, 2019 6:42 am
Viani definitely wants to go help the frogs but if she gets overruled, she might get grumpy but will go along with the others. I'm okay with doing either
Apr 13, 2019 10:30 am
Krav would want to help anyone he can, especially people who were once animals. He is sort of off in his own world at the moment because its almost like his first day out of jail, except that he has been in jail since birth. I am totally down with whatever though.
Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm
So... it sounds to me like we’re leaning toward continuing with the original mission. Is that a fair assessment?

If that’s the case, the question now becomes whether the second party will help the frogs now, or continue on their original mission. I honestly don’t care one way or the other. If it’s left entirely up to me, they’ll go on their original mission and you can decide later whether to return to the frogs. If the party wishes to convince them to help the frogs, then the other party will battle the knife birds, and you can decide later on whether you want to follow up. We don’t need to RP out the convincing, just decide and let me know.

Again, you all choose, and I adapt. Every decision has consequences of course, as this is meant to be a living world, but some consequences will be minor, some major.
Apr 13, 2019 7:47 pm
I assume the other party also has a mission that they have been sent on so they have just as much reason as we do not to go to the Nest right now. I would like to investigate the Nest later (and Viani would definitely want to do that, too) so my personal vote is to just have the other party go off on their mission while we investigate Yelnar's estate and the village and then come back to help the frogs. If I understood correctly, our target is not far from where we will land with the boat, right?
Apr 13, 2019 8:21 pm
Chunky04, had we established that the estates are near the river mouth or farther inland? I remembered the latter, but your IC comments suggest not. Let me know what you had in mind.
Apr 13, 2019 9:51 pm
Originally up a little bit, but its not really a biggy if they end up a bit closer to the lake.
Apr 13, 2019 10:13 pm
I’d like to head to Yelner’s family estate ASAP. That’s our mission, and my character feels that staying on mission is a priority. Moreover, I feel like our characters would be way more motivated to help our companion Yelnar ascertain the status of his family over helping some frog creatures we just met and aren’t completely certain are above board. I’m having a hard time seeing why the other group would be motivated to help them either. Krammat seems like a pretty self-centered asshat, and the other lady just lost her sister. They’ve been in the background during this entire conversation and not building the rapport with them that we have. After the estate, we can always return to help them IF that still makes sense. I am certainly intrigued by these birds and would be interested in seeing this nest of knives.

That’s my $0.02
Apr 14, 2019 12:09 am
I'd like to come back and help the Frogs later rather than have the other party do it.
Apr 14, 2019 3:03 am
Okay, I'm going to move us forward with the expectation that the party is going to the family estate, and then will consider what to do with the frogs, with the other party going on to their mission.

Remember that, if you want to later, you can communicate with the other party through the whitestone disc.
Apr 15, 2019 11:44 am
How long is the crossing likely to be? I want to make sure I do the sitting comfortably nearby to support Ember thing for an hour or so, then would probably try and engage frogs in conversation again.
Apr 15, 2019 12:58 pm
Yay, frogs are important!
Apr 15, 2019 1:36 pm
Hey everyone, my work is over the top busy at the moment. I will not be as available as normal for a day or two.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.