OOC Thread

load previous
Apr 29, 2019 11:54 pm
Yes, I am anticipating a meeting amongst the group once the current tasks have been completed to discuss the way forward.
Apr 30, 2019 12:00 am
Sounds good! Just making sure I've got it straight. :)
May 3, 2019 3:48 pm
Apologies for the name screw-up on the horse, Chunky04. I blame it on having a 9-year old daughter who would almost certainly name a horse Blaze before she named it Blade.
May 3, 2019 6:12 pm
One thing I should point out:

In the pre-War world, horses were not a common mode of transportation. Almost any long distance travel was accomplished by magic -- teleportation and such. The very rich would occasionally keep and breed horses for riding as a way to flaunt their wealth. Basically, saying that they're so important that the rest of the world can damn well wait for them to arrive by non-magical means.
May 3, 2019 6:21 pm
Oh, slick. I hadn't thought of that.
May 3, 2019 8:23 pm
78RPMLife says:
Apologies for the name screw-up on the horse, Chunky04. I blame it on having a 9-year old daughter who would almost certainly name a horse Blaze before she named it Blade.
Haha all good I wasn’t massively attached to the name so I just rolled with it
May 4, 2019 1:32 pm
A couple of things that we should probably address before the party starts their planning session:

1) There are rotting dead bodies all over the keep.
2) Wasn't there another brother at the estate? Maybe Yelnar should see if the brother is among the dead.
May 4, 2019 1:54 pm
Not the mother, but another brother
May 4, 2019 2:35 pm
Good point @Moonbeam. I forgot to mention it, but before Ephwrath was distracted by all the commotion around the shed with the portal in it, he was in the courtyard prepping the bodies for burial. Maybe you could have Verrian ask Yelnar if any of the deceased were friends or relatives of his and if he had any specific requests.
May 6, 2019 8:13 am
With the others helping with the riddle, would Yelnar be able to work out the location? I assume there would be a family crypt or graveyard - does the location match up with the picture?
May 6, 2019 4:03 pm
chunky04 says:
With the others helping with the riddle, would Yelnar be able to work out the location? I assume there would be a family crypt or graveyard - does the location match up with the picture?
There is no location on the grounds of the estate that matches up with the picture. There are no mountains within several days' ride.
May 6, 2019 9:16 pm
The map of the town, did we actually find one of those or is it just a handy player aid - going to get Froak to draw on it.
May 6, 2019 9:18 pm
Robb is going to draw one for us. It will include Froak's hiding places that he's used to watch the Citadel and its guards.
May 7, 2019 7:22 pm
All right, I'm stepping in here.

If I am overreacting, I apologize, but I would like to address some concerns I've had that have been building over time.

I appreciate disagreement between PCs when done carefully, with an OOC openness on all sides to resolving the conflict IC without resentment building. Disagreements are a normal part of life, of course, but in a party-based, text-based game such as this one, I would very much like it if we can keep them to a minimum, and try to avoid using them as a standby for something to RP when things are slow. If they do continue, I have two requests:

1. Communicate openly and honestly OOC about the intent and expected resolution of the disagreement, so that there are no misunderstandings. If I am needed to rule on something, please ask. Make me the bad guy. I'm a teacher and I have three kids, so I'm used to it. :)

2. Do not make statements in posts that the other party has no possible way of replying to IC, sometimes referred to as 'think posts'. My personal preference is to avoid posting about unvoiced thoughts, but especially in relation to another character, as that character's player can only read it, and has no opportunity to comment. It's not a fair give and take.

I have very much appreciated every single player and character in this game, and I very much want to see you all succeed and prosper in the game. I do not expect everyone to always get along IC, but wherever possible, given the fact that this is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a mirror held up to our often screwed-up world, I ask that we cooperate as much as we possibly can.
May 7, 2019 7:34 pm
Thank you.
May 7, 2019 7:37 pm
Good and important post, I think.
I'm enjoying the conflict in the party for the most part but it has been getting a bit too much recently and I think those new rules do make sense. We should try to cut down on the infighting, at least for the moment.
May 7, 2019 7:38 pm
I, for one, am not enjoying the conflict in the party, and it has never been intentional on my part.
May 7, 2019 8:04 pm
I know I need to work on pacing. Thank you for the post, 78.
May 7, 2019 11:27 pm
All makes sense to me, please let me know if I cause any problems as I want to avoid them.

Off topic: Do you want me to make a spellcraft roll right now or will you list off the spells I can attempt to record first @78RPMlife?
May 8, 2019 12:05 am
Remember that it will take an hour of quiet concentration per spell to attempt a spellcraft roll to copy into your book. I can give you a list of spells by PM, and you can choose which you’ll prioritize, if that sounds good?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.