1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Oct 16, 2015 6:56 am
"South does sound much better than wading", Seneia says and looks ready to head that way. "I think it's only wide enough for one. Who wants to take the lead? Elden, perhaps? You have that light."
Oct 16, 2015 8:50 am
Rufio hisses, "Well, c'mon then, what're we waiting for? I'll lead if nobody will!" Always the impulsive hothead, the young brawler moves forward into the dark, trying not to slip on the walkway. A few yards in he pauses to light one of his own torches before moving on.
Last edited October 17, 2015 2:47 am

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Acrobatics (to not slip in the dark) - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Perception (disadvantage?) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

1d20+2 : (8) + 2 = 10

Oct 16, 2015 10:04 pm
"If you haven't any clue, I trust Waylan's intuition" said Feylinde really unable to find any track.
*This place is really not for me* she thought while still tring to get used to the scent.
Oct 17, 2015 5:16 am
The unanimous decision is to head south. Weylan's logic that the path of least resistance is the most likely is supported by the groups observations of recent scuffs on the walkway surface that indicates that one or more people passed that way recently.

Please clarify your marching order.
Oct 17, 2015 6:26 am
Rufio, completely lacking in patience as always, has taken point. If the group wishes to replace him with someone with keener senses then it won't be difficult to persuade him to fall back.
Last edited October 17, 2015 6:27 am
Oct 17, 2015 3:15 pm
Weylan is surprised when Rufio bulls past him, but he follows right after him until the larger kid turns around and uses Weylan's torch to light his own. Then Rufio turns back and Weylan continues to follow him.
"Let's get Milly!" Weylan declares, the sound echoing dully as all their conversation has down here.
Oct 17, 2015 4:16 pm
Szent will take his normal position as rear-guard for the group. "I'll keep watch behind us, just don't leave me behind."
Oct 17, 2015 4:18 pm
I follow close behind Weylan. "Shh- Keep it down in case there's anyone else down here!"
Oct 17, 2015 4:26 pm
Seneia slips in after Alanya, her eyes darting here and there through the darkness.

OOC: I just remembered that I have Darkvision to 60 feet.
Oct 17, 2015 4:53 pm
Elden takes his place behind Seneia so he can offer healing and support if it becomes necessary.
Oct 17, 2015 10:34 pm
Feylinde follows Elden's steps, sometime watching on the opposite side of the walkway.
Oct 18, 2015 2:58 am
The marching order Is: Rufio, Weylan, Alanya, Seneia, Elden, Feylinde, Szent

Descending into the sewer Samej looks uncomfortable. As the marching order forms he says to the rear marker, Szent, "I'm sorry, I can't do this. Forests are my calling, not sewers. I'm going to return to the orphanage and let Roland know what's happening. I really hope you find Milly." With that he climbs the ladder to the exit...

Meanwhile, Rufio leads the group onwards with his torch glaring.

Now you have a marching order, the tunnel ahead looks straight, with 3' walkways each side. Your walkway is on the left side.

Please discuss your plan. How do you proceed?
Oct 18, 2015 7:05 am
"Do we know whether they're still in the sewers? They might not be. Let's move quickly, but quietly, then pause to check for more clues at each intersection."
Oct 18, 2015 7:40 am
"I agree that we should hurry. I'm not sure being quiet helps much. Surely they'll see the light of our torches, if they are still down here?"

Seneia raises her hand to block the light of the torch. "Of course, I could go a bit ahead of everyone. I can move silently and see in the dark, so perhaps I could pick something up before we alert anyone to our presense."

She stops for couple second and looks at the sewer flowing next to them. "Although-- does anyone know if there is anything living down here?"

OOC: Can I somehow roll for if I've learned something about the sewers and possible dangers in them in my urchin past?
Last edited October 18, 2015 9:47 am
Oct 18, 2015 9:40 am
Rufio pauses. "I think Seneia scouting ahead would be a good idea. And we can use both walkways. I wouldn't mind wading either. I've spent more time in the sewers than you might imagine!" The young ruffian grins, quite at home in the worst parts of the city.

OOC: Yeah, what would we roll for knowledge of the sewer, like how deep the water is in specific areas, and what one might expect to find in the water?
Last edited October 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Rolls

Nature - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Investigation - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Oct 18, 2015 12:17 pm
Types of things living in sewers would be Nature: Water Depth etc would be Investigation.
Oct 18, 2015 12:56 pm
Seneia's brow furrows as she tries to remember what she might have heard about the sewers when she was younger, but in vein. She might be capable at many things, but keeping things in her mind is not one of them.
Last edited October 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Rolls

Nature - (1d20-1)

(4) - 1 = 3

Oct 18, 2015 1:19 pm
OOC: Added Investigation and Nature rolls to my post above. Will delete this one eventually.
Oct 18, 2015 3:16 pm
"I agree with Seneia going ahead. About crossing those water to get on the other walkway don't count me in. I'll not do such a thing if it's not really necessary."
Oct 18, 2015 3:47 pm
"Very well, milady. You may pass..." Weylan steps aside as best he can to let the horned girl step past him. *So graceful AND she can see in the dark - is there anything Seneia can't do?* His sincere attempt to be gallant is so clumsy and rustic it probably comes across as mocking. "We'll keep back a bit behind you, but if you run into trouble, just call and we'll be there!" He grins at Rufio as she walks past. Weylan is glad to have Rufio as his friend; someone to look up to both figuratively and literally. Rufio always seems to take things in stride. Then he looks back at Feylinde, who is always so tidy. The thought of her wading in the muck is so unthinkable it makes him smile broadly. "I don't blame you, Feylinde - I wouldn't want to go in there, either!" Weylan gestures with his hand above his head suggesting the surface of the water, bugging his eyes and cheeks out like he's holding his breath, sinking (thankfully, Rufio's right next to him with a second torch, or the joke would have been lost in dancing shadows as the halfling waved his torch around).
Last edited October 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Rolls

Nature check on life in the sewers - (1d20)

(15) = 15

load next

Thread locked