Game thread

load previous
Oct 26, 2015 6:28 pm
@Hungry Hao "You'll want to talk to Dalton, he's the local mayor and can put you in contact with her" She slaps the counter twice with her hand and reaches under. You hear some bottles hitting one another before she pulls one out and fills your drink.

@Xadania "That's house Hedrick, and unfortunately no Lady Isabelle and her brother do not live here. Let me go speak with Dalton and I'll be back in a second." She squeezes by you and up the stairs to your right. Bounding quickly up the stairs Jules makes her way to Dalton's study. You here the two of them exchange words and Jules is on the move quickly after. "Miss Xadania, Dalton suggests that you gather all who are here for the 'letter' and bring them back. Once everyone is here he'll talk with you." Jules pauses halfway down and smiles at you. "Sorry for the inconvenience" She walks the rest of the way down the stairs and opens the door for you and nods one last time.

@Wenric The red-haired lady finishes pouring the drink for the man at the bar and then comes over to your table. "My names Maril, what can I get for ya?" Maril pauses with an eye brow raised, awaiting your order and name.

@Luc You enter the Rustic Son. The layout is fairly simple and common an open room plan to your left and the bar and kitchen area to your right. You see a bald man with strange facial hair sitting at the bar, a woman serving a Halfling at a table of his own, and a dwarf sitting near the hearth.

@Thurbrek You walk into the tavern and quickly find your place near the hearth. Maril the owner comes and takes your order, delivering your drink with little delay. With your drink in hand you swirl its contents around and around inside the mug. Deep in contemplation of your next brew. You hear two new figures enter the tavern, a Halfling who sits not far from you and is quickly served and a rather flamboyant man.
Oct 26, 2015 9:44 pm
MadMaxi says:
@Hungry Hao "You'll want to talk to Dalton, he's the local mayor and can put you in contact with her" She slaps the counter twice with her hand and reaches under. You hear some bottles hitting one another before she pulls one out and fills your drink.
"The mayor is't?" Hao chugs down half the bottle, liquor spills out the side of his mouth and spatters the front of his filthy finery. He slams the bottle down, belches like an avalanche, "Well then. Guess I better git me manners on." He laughs at his own joke, much to loudly.

Hao stands up shakily from the bar and weaves his way to the door. If nobody interferes with him, he makes straight for the mayor's house. As he passes the flamboyant man in the doorway, he brushes unnecessarily close past him and gives him a broad, lascivious grin while doing so.

He took the bottle with him...
Last edited October 26, 2015 9:46 pm
Oct 26, 2015 10:47 pm
MadMaxi says:

@Wenric The red-haired lady finishes pouring the drink for the man at the bar and then comes over to your table. "My names Maril, what can I get for ya?" Maril pauses with an eye brow raised, awaiting your order and name.
"Ello Maril, I am Wenric Wayfoot." as he gives a sitting bow of his head "I would love a pint of ale. Perhaps you could assist me with this as well." He unrolls the parchment he took, asking for help, and lays it out on the table. "I came to help." he smiles proudly.
Last edited October 26, 2015 10:48 pm
Oct 27, 2015 1:14 am
Wrinkling his nose, Luc brushes himself off fastidiously after the strange bald man brushes past him. Spotting the dwarf he has followed in here, he approaches and bows elaborately. "Greetings, monsieur! It gladdens me to meet a fellow musician! Luc Etienne d'Yves-Boudreax, at your service! May I join you?" He motions to Maril with his most charming smile, "Libations, s'il vous plait, madame. Whatever my friend here is having."
Oct 27, 2015 2:39 am
A bit bewildered, I stare at the door for a moment and consider the woman's words. Is it my understanding that she expects me to gather a large group to assist House Hedrick? I suppose that can be done, although to be honest I am surprised that there isn't already a throng of people volunteering for this noble task. Shaking my head, I leave the way I came and head towards The Rustic Son.
Oct 27, 2015 12:55 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"Greetings, monsieur! It gladdens me to meet a fellow musician! Luc Etienne d'Yves-Boudreax, at your service! May I join you?" He motions to Maril with his most charming smile, "Libations, s'il vous plait, madame. Whatever my friend here is having."
"Luc, was it? Th' name's Thurbrek Amberale. Well met. Please, have a seat." Thurbrek gestures to the seat across from him. "Although, I fear I must pull back on your reigns before you get to a gallop; I only play a little. I'm much more interested in the art of spinning tale with th' spoken word."

Thurbrek smiles, "And by th' sound of it, you might be able to teach me a thing or two about the artistry of words."

"But enough about me," Thurbrek straightens in his seat, "you don' seem like the type to frequent farming towns a ways from the culture of the big metropolitan cities, Mister Deeves Boodrow." Thurbrek tries to accurately recreate the name using the same accent Luc used in his introduction, but it doesn't come easily to the dwarf. "What brings you to Seive?"
Oct 27, 2015 2:01 pm
"Why, this!" Luc takes out Lady Hedrick's note and presents it to Thurbrek with a flourish "High adventure, mon ami! You and I shall composr epics and sing songs of it, oui! Now we must find Madame Hedrick's brother Thomas. But first, a toast. To your health, sir!"
Last edited October 27, 2015 2:24 pm
Oct 27, 2015 11:38 pm
You all see a woman enter the tavern. As she closes the door behind her you see her muddy brown hair flow over her shoulders. The copper tone skin is quickly overwhelmed by a set of intense greenish-brown eyes. As she scans the room before stepping from the door her worn suit of scale male shifts with some noise, with her mace and shield stowed away she still manages to looks fairly capable.
Oct 28, 2015 2:48 am
I address everyone inside, and in a booming voice say, "Good day to you all! I am Xadania Galanodel, cleric of Sydoni and a visitor to this fine town. I have come to offer my services to ease the suffering of House Hedrick's lands and people and invite any able-bodied adventurers to join me in this noble task. Are there any volunteers? Much good can be accomplished here."
Last edited October 28, 2015 2:48 am
Oct 28, 2015 4:30 am
Luc springs to his feet and bows low to Xadania. He dances over to her. "Je suis la. Here I am, mademoiselle, if you will have me. I am Luc Luc Etienne d'Yves-Boudreaux and I am smitten." He kisses Xadania's hand formally. Luc gestures towards Thurbrek "May I present my new friend Monsieur Thurbrek Amberale."
Oct 28, 2015 12:36 pm
Thurbrek slowly and noisily eases to his feet, careful not to make the same mistake as earlier while dismounting the cart, especially now that the whole room seems to be looking at him. He never minded attention, but it was usually given while he was standing behind the bar. Now, he is feeling a bit exposed.

"Miss." Thurbrek bows slightly. "I am here also here in response to Lady Hedrick's request."

Thurbrek wrinkles his nose a little, "I may not be as able bodied as you like, but I won't be a hindrance. And I might enliven a campsite a bit with a tale or two." He smiles.
Oct 28, 2015 2:17 pm
Hao was just headed to the exit as this exchange happens. He tosses back another swig and steps rudely into the middle of this conversation. He steps up to Luc...a tittle too close for comfort...and attempts to take his hand.

If Luc doesn't resist, Hao bends down and lays a slobbery smooch on Luc's hand in mockery of his formal greeting. If Luc pulls away, Hao just laughs uproariously.

Either way, he give a crooked smile and drunken wink to Xadania, "Names Hungry Hao Klek, late o' the Salty Sloop Raven's Flight under Captain Flint. I'm 'ere 'bout the letter, but I dunno 'bout this 'volunteering'...letter mentioned compensation." the last word is pronounced with the careful, controlled solemnity of the inebriated; each syllable distinct and almost separate.
Oct 28, 2015 3:56 pm
Luc is rather taken aback but as always, takes the odd situation in stride. "Everywhere I go I have adoring fans! I am ecstatic to make your acquaintance, Monsieur Hao Klek! Join our illustrious company! Oui, the enchanting Xadania, the stalwart Thurbrek, the magnificent Luc, the...er...Hungry Hao! Très bien! Hunger no more, mon amis! Join us! Allons-y!
Oct 28, 2015 5:31 pm
Wenric hears the exchanges taking place after the lovely Xadania announced her intentions to gather help relating to the note he was carrying. "Nevermind." he says to Maril, "Go assist those others, I have my answer. I would still like an Ale though, please."

As Meril moves off, Wenric will stand up and walk around the people currently greeting the cleric. A Cleric, how cool! Being of small stature he just moves around behind the crowd and comes up on Xadania's right. Looking up he can see Luc and Hungry Hao exchange's, Good to know their names since they are being said so loudly., and the dwarf, Thurbrek, he said., looking not all that comfortable with the sudden situation he finds himself in.

Wenric gives the Lady Xadania a soft tug on her cloak. "Lady Xadania." he says as he tugs.

So Wenric is not used to this kind of interaction so he is basically moving to avoid the "scene" of the more social folk, not that he is scared or nervous for attention, quite the contrary as a Halfling, but isn't as sure of himself as Luc and others appear to be at this point. So he will approach more reserved and and get Xadania's attention when the time is right to interrupt her conversation.

OOC: I am giving that last statement for Xadania so you can assume that I tug on your cloack in a break in conversation if you want to finish the current one for RP purpose.
Last edited October 28, 2015 5:32 pm
Oct 28, 2015 9:10 pm
As you are all introducing yourselves and talking to one another Maril goes from person to person, finally making her way to a group of give men. Sitting near the hearth opposite of where Thrubrek sat. At first they had turned their attention to you all, but now they are returning their attention back to their group and small talk.
Oct 29, 2015 4:08 am
"You need not worry, for good deeds are often rewarding in their own right. However, that said, you are correct. The notice did have mention of some kind of tangible compensation. We'll need to meet with Mayor Dalton to learn more. First, let us have a drink to toast our good fortunes and intertwined destinies!" I motion for everyone to join me at the bar before turning my attention to the halfling, bending down so we are face to face. "Hello friend, do not be timid. Speak freely!"
Last edited October 29, 2015 4:11 am
Oct 30, 2015 4:58 pm
"M'lady." Wenric says with an awkward bow, "I am Wenric Wayfoot. I'd like to offer my help, as I am here for the same reasons. I am small of stature, but big of heart. I humbly request to assist you in this task." He says with another awkward bow, going off memory of what he might have seen and no real skill in greeting important or more sophisticated people.
Last edited October 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Oct 31, 2015 2:45 am
"No need for formalities, young Wenric. Please rise- we are equals here! All help will be very much appreciated in our work ahead. Now come, let us be friends and share a drink!"
Oct 31, 2015 6:35 am
Luc finally notices Wenric. "Ah. More friends. The more the merrier! Well met, monsieur halfling. I je m'appelle Luc." and he toasts's everyone's health. "And a toast to Madame Hedrick's health. Has anyone managed to locate Madame's dear brother Thomas?"
Oct 31, 2015 12:39 pm
"Not yet, however I spoke to a woman at Mayor Dalton's residence just before I came here, and she asked on his behalf for me to bring all interested parties to him so he could address us all at once. That is all the information I have." I finish my drink and immediately call for another.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.