Game thread

load previous
Nov 5, 2015 1:04 pm
After stepping outside and into the street you look around briefly, looking for the tell-tale sign of the mill. It takes you about a minute but you notice it off in the fields. You hang a left and go down the small country road towards the mill. It takes you about ten to fifteen minutes to walk to the mill from the mayors house, besides the small town everything else seems rather spread out. When you approach the mill an average height man with light brown hair to his shoulders comes running out wiping his hands on his dusty and dirty field pants. "Did Dalton send you? Are you here to help find my boy?" anticipation builds in his voice as he sees your group coming closer. "Logan was always an explorer, he'd wander the fields around the town. We told him to stay close but he never listened. He always had to know what was out there. We should have been more strict with him, its our fault." Byron starts to get choked up talking about his boy. He turns away for a few seconds as his emotions get the best of him, eventually calming he turns back to you all and wipes his green eyes clear. "Whatever you need, speak it and I will help all that I can."
Nov 9, 2015 8:03 pm
OOC: I have been sick, so I haven't gotten to react to the "rolling eyes" thing I noticed from my Perceptions check. So this will catch me up to current with a little back in time to now.

Wenric is enthralled with what is going on here. When he set out to "help" based on the request he saw, he did not expect it to go this smoothly and easily. Am I an adventurer now?! Wenric thinks with perhaps misplaced glee, only thinking of the stories he had heard, not the hardships those heroes faced in the stories. He watches the others, some obviously way more accustomed to this style of life then he. Taking it all in, his excitement grows as indicated on the ridiculous grin he holds on his face.

I want to be a hero like in the stories, surely these guys are heroes as well. he thinks to himself, having never seen a real Hero from stories, he doesn't really know what to look for. He just sees people in real armor, a cleric, a dwarf, and the flamboyant man that talks funny. Now they are getting a real quest, something that needs to be done for Lord Hendrick (a real Lord!) but he sits back and listens to the others.

Wenric listens to the exchange, all the while his excitement building. He listens to the Lady Xadania talk with Dalton, know she is serious and taking the initiative, so he listens and watches the conversations intently. Wait, Dalton just rolled his eyes. Wenric thinks as he notices the mans reaction. Why would he not take this seriously for his lord? He gives Dalton a wondering look as he turns to leave the room.

I need to tell Xadania what I saw, when there is a chance. he follows the others out as they argue about respect, and when it should be given. He follows the rest out of the house, ready to begin this new adventure, which is already way more exciting then the streets of Denmore.

(OOC: This should bring me up to now, and I will react again after more posts.)
Nov 9, 2015 10:19 pm
(OOC: Just a bit of light ret-con, don't mind me.)

As everyone was filing out of Dalton's house, they had to pass the tavern to get off the town square on the way to the mill. Hao, slightly exasperated by the "respectfulness" of his new companions, decides to drop in for quick one on the way. If he can get a lead on this lost tab while he's at it...

OOC: Hao makes no secret of this. He's not trying to be sneaky or circumspect. Anyone paying attention may have noticed him veer off, but he doesn't say anything unless directly addressed.

Hao puts on his "charming" smile and goes looking for Meril.
Nov 9, 2015 11:03 pm
MadMaxi says:
After stepping outside and into the street you look around briefly, looking for the tell-tale sign of the mill. It takes you about a minute but you notice it off in the fields. You hang a left and go down the small country road towards the mill. It takes you about ten to fifteen minutes to walk to the mill from the mayors house, besides the small town everything else seems rather spread out. When you approach the mill an average height man with light brown hair to his shoulders comes running out wiping his hands on his dusty and dirty field pants. "Did Dalton send you? Are you here to help find my boy?" anticipation builds in his voice as he sees your group coming closer. "Logan was always an explorer, he'd wander the fields around the town. We told him to stay close but he never listened. He always had to know what was out there. We should have been more strict with him, its our fault." Byron starts to get choked up talking about his boy. He turns away for a few seconds as his emotions get the best of him, eventually calming he turns back to you all and wipes his green eyes clear. "Whatever you need, speak it and I will help all that I can."
Wenric, feels his heart strings pull a little at this sight. He lost his parents, and know's this feeling. Wenric moves closer to Byron to offer him comfort. He looks back at the group, his eyes showing his empathy for the man and hoping to show "we need to help" in those eyes. He does not want to speak though.
Nov 11, 2015 4:50 am
"Of course, Byron. We will do everything we can to find your boy. A wanderer, is he? I was a wanderer myself, once. I always found my way back. Your boy will too. I'll need to speak to the last few people who he saw on the day that he disappeared. I will also need to know where he was known to go when he went wandering. That will be a good start." I reassure him with a soothing pat on the shoulder.
Nov 11, 2015 6:32 pm
"And just think. Once he's home, he's bound to have a great story to tell. It'll likely be one he won't soon forget." Thurbrek offers a reassuring smile.
Nov 12, 2015 9:07 pm
@To the group at the mill: Byron nods and smiles, glad to see that Dalton and the rest of you are taking this serious. "I cannot thank you enough, please if you have any other questions let me or my wife know. He loved exploring the fields around town, there is a small gopher colony he loved pestering just a few minutes outside of the town." He points off in direction opposite of the mill (about NW of the town), "Please, find our boy. We miss him!". Byron shakes all of your hands with a hopeful smile before returning to his work. (OOC: Any other questions feel free to ask)

@The Tavern: As you enter again into the Rustic Son Maril looks up from the counter and smiles. "You again eh? What'll it be?". The place in for the most part empty besides a small group of middle aged farmers taking a lunch break. They all look to you as you enter and then return to their meals and drinks.
Nov 13, 2015 4:51 am
MadMaxi says:
"You again eh? What'll it be?"
"Well m'dear, I heard a rumor ye had some trouble wit a customer recently. One what neglected to settle his tab. I'd be happy lend," Hao places a hand significantly on his sword hilt, "a hand with that situation. What can you ye tell me?" He smiles "charmingly" at Meril.

OOC: Let me know if you'd like a Charisma check or something.
Nov 13, 2015 5:30 am
@Hao Maril returns the charming smile, "Ah yes the dwarf! He said he was a traveler much like yourself. Said somethin about searching for an old tomb nearby. Apparently there was another family of Dwarves that had decided to make there livin on the surface as well. He paid for the first few nights of his room but I haven't seen him since." She leans in towards you slightly "The damned dwarf owes me twenty gold, and I'd like to see it paid. He took off a few nights back, if you find him bring him back to me." Maril winks at you before she goes back to her business within the tavern.
Nov 17, 2015 12:43 am
"Thank you, Byron. Could you give a physical description of the boy? Does he have friends we could speak with?"
Nov 17, 2015 4:06 am
"Sure thing sweety, ask any of the kids around here. They'll tell ya all about 'em. Hes barely four feet tall and has dirty blonde hair with freckles. You'll know its him if he has a scar that runs across the back of his hand.
Nov 17, 2015 2:18 pm
MadMaxi says:
@Hao Maril returns the charming smile, "Ah yes the dwarf! He said he was a traveler much like yourself. Said somethin about searching for an old tomb nearby. Apparently there was another family of Dwarves that had decided to make there livin on the surface as well. He paid for the first few nights of his room but I haven't seen him since." She leans in towards you slightly "The damned dwarf owes me twenty gold, and I'd like to see it paid. He took off a few nights back, if you find him bring him back to me." Maril winks at you before she goes back to her business within the tavern.
Hao will hang around the tavern a bit, have a drink, likely buy a drink or two for some locals and chat them up. He's looking for info on this tomb; where is it, who's buried there, how old it it, etc.

Investigation check?
Nov 17, 2015 10:23 pm
@Hungry Hao as you ask around everyone gives you the same answer. "I don't know, must be something the dwarf had knowledge of."
Nov 19, 2015 9:40 pm
You all begin tracking down the clues to the current problems that have settled upon Seive. After talking to the parents of Logan you uncover the last location he was seen, wandering the fields somewhere NW of the town. The missing Dwarf and the tomb that he was looking for however a little harder to uncover information about. The last time anyone saw him was the same night that Logan went missing, so about 2 nights ago.
Nov 19, 2015 9:52 pm
Given that information, Hao will head over to the mill and rejoin the rest of the party. He updates them on the info he has gathered.

Sorry for the lame RP; busy day, just wanted to get everyone back together so we can move forward.
Nov 23, 2015 4:16 am
"I thank you for your time. Fret not, for we will do everything in our power to find out what happened to your boy." I bow my head towards him and make to leave.
Dec 14, 2015 2:02 am
"Perhaps we should investigate these fields for ourselves? What say you?" I turn to the other members of my rescue party. I will come to know their strengths in time, but as of this moment they are not familiar to me. Perhaps if given the opportunity, they can prove themselves to me?
Dec 15, 2015 1:03 pm
"Oui! Lets us go! Adventure awaits!"
Dec 15, 2015 1:28 pm
"Yes, that seems, er, excitin'...?" Thurbrek isn't sure of himself, or this strange group of adventurers he's caught up with. But, it seems like it will take his mind off his frustrations about his ale brewing, so he's going for it.
Dec 15, 2015 5:23 pm
"My lady, I would love to join you!" Wenric says, obviously excited. He then collects himself, remember this isn't a childish adventure. There is a kid in trouble. "I think we should focus on the boy Logan first. Children don't belong out there by themselves. He could be scared, hungry, or even hurt. We need to find him." he finishes, with a very confident tone. Not everyone gets saved like me. he thinks.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.