Chapter 2.0 - Into The Black

load previous
Dec 28, 2015 6:02 pm
"Looks armed to me!" Diego reassures himself before firing at the person holding onto the system terminal (T4).

Rolls

Machine Pistol Attack [4 Damage] - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dec 28, 2015 6:39 pm
Eli fires at whomever is furthest away (1 level of Effort to improve accuracy)

Edit: oh well I didn't need that extra effort to hit after all. But with the 20 I will use the extra damage)
Last edited December 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Rolls

Blaster rifle (7 damage; +3 added to hit roll) - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Dec 28, 2015 9:03 pm
Diego fires at the thief who is just recovering his balance, but his rounds go wide, instead striking the terminal. The monitor collapses in a shower of sparks and electricity arcs, and the room lights flicker a few times before going out. A moment later dim, red emergency lighting kicks on, bathing the room in a dim, red glow. {GM Intrusion}

Eli ignores the flickering lights and pulls the trigger. His spike rifle fires and the thief at the terminal, tearing his helmet and part of its head off. The beings hands fling upwards and it bounces off the sparking terminal before it finally topples over onto the floor. It's 'skull' is bulbous and pulsates grotesquely, and may be made of more cartilage material than bone. Aliens, oh snap.

The two thieves manhandling, er, alienhandling the dangerous looking device, drop it and spill backwards to opposite sides of the room. The one to the right (T2) claws at its weapon and clears it from its holser. The one to the left (T3) bumps into a tool bench and comes up with two small cannisters in its hands.

The alien on the floor (T4), spins the industrial press off of him and stands up, grabbing his rifle on the way.

The aliens have all acted. Floats and AJ are up.
{GM Intrusion} due to the bright light in the corridor versus the darkness of the room, there will be an additional level of difficulty shooting into the weapons lab as well as dodging fire emanating from the weapons lab. Diego take 1 xp and give 1 xp to another player.

{Aliens} Eli's "Fights Aliens" focus came into play, granting an extra 2 points of damage (13 = 7 + 4 from the nat 20 + 2), which killed it.
Dec 28, 2015 9:31 pm
Well at least now I know what we're doing and what's going on. Floats on Thunder thought to himself moving to stand on the balls of his feet.

He suddenly would start to bounce the hook in his hand clacking slightly from the metal etched feathers as he shook it, his free hand reaching out to clasp at one of the what he thought to be theives. Sound would pass through him more audible as tones of his voice than actual words and reverberate into the room towards the man holding canisters (T3).

(OoC: Using Exception 1 Int minus 1 for Int Edge of 1, if he's not from this recursion (he probably from here though) his senses are overwhelmed and he loses his next action next turn)

Edit: On a hit I'll use the 18 to do +2 damage for a total of 6 (4+2)
Last edited December 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Rolls

Dance with the Spirits (Exception) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Dec 28, 2015 10:27 pm
Ultrann36 says:
Edit: oh well I didn't need that extra effort to hit after all. But with the 20 I will use the extra damage)
Remember you get your efforts point back when you roll a 20!

I slip an XP to Floats on Thunder to get him on the board.
Dec 29, 2015 1:41 am
Taking my sights on the newly armed creature (T2), I fire my hand-blaster at it through a strange flexing of muscles that I knew to perform, but were strange and new to me.
[OOC: Using a level of effort for taking careful aim.]

Rolls

Blaster Attack (5 damage) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Dec 29, 2015 1:48 am
Eli fires another spike rifle shot, at T2 (1 level of effort for accuracy again

Rolls

Spike rifle (7+2)=9 damage - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Dec 29, 2015 3:10 am
Floats on Thunder's strange attack sends the alien a-wobbling but before it can get its senses back under control, AJ and Eli both fire. While AJ's blaster bolt fires high and to the left, harmlessly dissipating on the wall, Eli's spike hits true once more and the alien goes down (T2).
Diego is up, then Jeapa and the aliens.
Dec 29, 2015 4:25 pm
Trying not to make things even worse Diego will take a knee and carefully put his sights on the weird looking being holding the canisters (T3).

OOC: Medium weapon.
Last edited December 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Rolls

Machine Pistol Attack [with effort] - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Dec 29, 2015 7:02 pm
Diego's machine pistol clips the target, opening up some cosmetic damage but inflicting no actual injury. (Missed by 1 after reflecting the darkness penalty).
In The Strange and other Cypher System games, the GM never rolls to decide the outcome of an action. Jeapa's attack is up next so if one of you could post a roll on her behalf, Ill take the first roll posted and describe the outcome, and then describe the alien's actions.
Dec 29, 2015 7:04 pm
Jeana fires..

Rolls

Jeapa weapon - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Dec 29, 2015 8:08 pm
From the security terminal, Jeapa ran down the hallway and slid to a sliding stop in front of the door. On her side to avoid the fire from Eli and Floats, her left arm slides open and small gun turret retracts. It self-aims and fires multiple times but both aliens duck away from the blaster rays.

The alien to the right (T3) thumb activates a toggle on one of the cannisters, and then throws it into the doorway where it explodes. {Speed Defense rolls from everybody - beat a TN 9 for half-damage, but beat a TN 15 to avoid all damage - and Ultann36 please roll SD for Jeapa as well}

The alien that was previously under the industrial press (T4) focusses his attention on Eli whose spike rifle has wreaked so much havoc with their hopes and dreams for a 10-year reunion. {Second speed defense please Eli, TN 15}
Dec 29, 2015 8:16 pm
I wonder what th- Floats on Thunder starts to think before his brain fast forwards and he attempts to dive out of the way.

"Nope." he states wondering if he could change reality based on wants at a time like this.

Remnant sent a note to Qralloq
Last edited December 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Rolls

Do not want canister of pain Speed Defense check - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Dec 29, 2015 8:43 pm
Remnant says:
Qralloq sent a note to Qralloq
It absolutely would, but targeting the hand is more difficult than targeting the whole creature, so we would move the step up by one. The step-difficulty has already been increased by 1 due to firing into a darkened room. In total, that would make it a step 6 difficulty, requiring a roll of an 18 or above. Your call.
Dec 30, 2015 12:10 am
Expecting the worst when seeing the thrown object, I hurriedly dodge away.
[OOC: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.]
[OOC: Nope. I'm spending 1xp to reroll that.]
Last edited December 30, 2015 12:11 am

Rolls

Speed Defense (Specialized) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Speed Defense (Specialized) (second try) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Dec 30, 2015 12:15 am
Floats and AJ both dive far enough away that the explosion does little more than ruffle their hair.
Game system note: As AJ is specialized in SD, the difficulty is dropped by two steps, or 3 for half damage, 9 for none.
Dec 30, 2015 2:18 am
Ooc I'm not sure if my Cypher will permit additional Speed defense rolls for these attacks (Effect Resistance - for a day, provides additional resistance to direct damaging attacks, except blunt force, slashing or piercing attacks. If level of attack is 6 or less, the user gains an additional defense roll.) If not ignore the 2nd roll of each pair...

Rolls

Speed defense (T3 second) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Speed defense (T4 second) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Jeapa speed defense - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Dec 30, 2015 2:20 am
Hmm not sure where my first rolls went. I will do them now (or you can count the ones above as the first; your call)

Rolls

Speed defense (T3 first) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Speed defense (T4 first) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Dec 30, 2015 7:11 pm
Eli also dives away from the explosion, which throws off the aliens blaster rifle shot. He rolls to his feet unscathed.

Jeapa flattens herself behind the doorway and likewise comes out of the bombspray none the worse.
{Game System Note} As Eli is trained in speed defense, the difficulty was dropped one step and his first roll was a marginal success.

Just waiting on Diego's SD roll.
Dec 30, 2015 10:39 pm
Seeing the incoming canister Diego does his best to dive to his right...

EDIT: What's the damage? I know it's half after that roll, but I missed the damage amount...
Last edited December 30, 2015 10:40 pm

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(12) = 12

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.