Chapter 2.0 - Into The Black

load previous
Dec 31, 2015 12:16 am
Diego takes 5 points of might damage as the door frame takes most of it. He is blown backwards into the hallway, sliding to the opposite side of the corridor on his butt.

I think Floats and AJ are up, possibly followed by Diego and Eli, then Jeapa and the aliens. T3 has another explosive charge in hand, and T4 has a large blaster rifle. Both of 'em are uninjured and ornerier than a cornered badger. Recall that there is a one-step penalty for firing into the room at them.
Jan 1, 2016 12:24 pm
I quickly get back up once the blast subsides, finding my cover again before taking aim once seeing another one of those dangerous canisters.
[OOC: Attacking T3]

Rolls

Blaster Attack (5 damage) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jan 1, 2016 6:32 pm
Rolling to his feet after diving out of the way he finds himself swaying again the odd metal hook in Floats on Thunder's hand rotation as he twists his wrist. The reverberations of sound emit from him again pushing onward rushing towards the Metal thrower.

(OoC: Using Exception again, Int cost of 1 - 1 from Int Edge, Also AJ got +2 damage or a minor effect I think. XD)

Edit: I'll use the 19 as additional Damage on the hit for 4+3 damage to T3 (Metal Thrower?)
Last edited January 1, 2016 6:32 pm

Rolls

Using Exception - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Jan 1, 2016 6:53 pm
(OOC- assuming T3 is dead... if not I shot at it). Eli aims his spike rifle at T4 and fires

Rolls

Spike rifle (7+2)=9 damage (1 level of Effort to hit) - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Jan 1, 2016 8:20 pm
Holy criticals, Batfleck!

AJs shot hits the bomb toting alien square in the leg and it falls to one knee, and as it goes to thumb the primer, Floats On Thunder slips past its mental defenses and hits it with a psychic blast. The alien gurgles not unlike a dolphin screaming, and falls to the ground. The bomb slips from its hands and rolls toward you, but you're unsure whether it's been activated.

Seeing that alien go down but not dead, Eli swings his spike rifle to bear on the alien and toggles the firing mechanism. The alien takes it oddly stoically in the chest and falls limply to the deck. The last alien takes aim at you, Eli.

Diego's move, I think.
Eli rolled what 17 which he can apply as either +1 damage our a minor effect. Since the alien is dead, the extra damage is unnecessary. One suggestion is moving at the end of the attack to a better spot.
Jan 2, 2016 11:00 pm
Shaking the cobwebs from his head, Diego once again raises his machine pistol. "Two more to go..." he thinks to himself as he can barely make out the location of the last two aliens.

"Wait, it's just one alien... I think.... Ah hell, just aim for the middle..."

Rolls

Machine Pistol Attack - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jan 2, 2016 11:38 pm
Diego, still woozy from the explosion, fires a short burst from his machine pistol, but it tracks high, chewing up the wall above and behind the last alien.

Jeapa runs into the room, and slams tackles the alien, who attempts to club/block her.
Ultrann36, please roll for Jeapa once again, then I'll describe the aliens actions, if any.
Jan 2, 2016 11:44 pm
Jeapa tries to avoid the alien...

Rolls

Jeapa Speed defense - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Jan 3, 2016 4:17 pm
Jeapa slams into the alien, but he deflects her human arm away and after struggling for a few moments, he stumbles out of the tackle. While Jeapa hasn't said anything to alter your plans, she is now in the zone of fire, and you might wonder why she changed tactics.
Floats and AJ are up, possibly followed by Diego and Eli, then Jeapa and the alien. T3 had another explosive charge which has rolled most of the way to the door and has stopped, motionless yet threatening. T4 has a large blaster rifle and is uninjured and edgier than a longtailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Recall that there is a one-step penalty for firing into the room at him (which makes the difficulty 15, in this case), but no additional penalty for Jeapa being there.
Jan 3, 2016 7:49 pm
With one would-be thief left Floats on Thunder lets out a warcry and whoops slightly garbled behind his breather mask as he rushes to join the woman. Lashing out with the curved metal hook at the alien. It would give him a chance to figure out the room and what was in it.

Rolls

Light Weapon attack (One step down for difficulty) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jan 3, 2016 11:09 pm
Floats on Thunder slashes the alien with his hook weapon, damaging it. {2 points dmg} During the attack, he sees a system terminal with a flashing "Emergency Lighting" button on the display, which he slaps. The lights spring immediately back to full illumination.
Jan 4, 2016 12:48 am
(Ooc Shouldn't Float's damage be 4 points:2 plus natural 18=4).

Eli says, "Thanks for the lights!" and tries to blow a hole through the alien

Rolls

Spike rifle (7+2)=9 damage - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jan 4, 2016 12:57 am
Not having any luck with gunfire and seeing that Jeapa has moved in close Diego will draw both of his bone-handled daggers and rush in.

Fast: Can move a short distance and still take an action.
Dual Light Wield: Two light weapons at the same time.

Rolls

Attack #1 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Attack #2 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jan 4, 2016 1:50 am
(OoC: went with a minor effect that reduced the overall difficulty from dark/flashing lights instead of +2 damage.)
Jan 4, 2016 4:44 am
Eli's spike rifle once again finishes off the alien. It drops to the ground limply, as if it was suddenly turned off.

Jeapa picks up the small explosive from the floor and after a quick glance, tosses it idly onto a work bench. She then steps up to the crate and examines the digital readout.

"You mates are new here, righty? What do you know about planetovores?"
Jan 4, 2016 11:14 am
Eli's eyes widen. "I've heard of each half of that word separately, but never together! Something tells me I probably won't like what I hear, but I need to pay attention regardless."
Jan 4, 2016 2:12 pm
(OoC: I figure she'll explain but from my PC's background he probably knows of the "Dream Eaters", ignore the roll if it's not needed.)

With his weapon wielding arm now relaxed as he looked around he thought of the words the woman warrior spoke. He was quite a bit and thought about the phrase...

Rolls

The Strange fact check reduced one step down - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jan 4, 2016 2:34 pm
Floats On Thunder doors recognize the term, and with it the association of extra-worldly entities that seek to consume realities. Literally.

She adjusts some of the settings on the device and then stands. Straightening her clothing, she glances around the room, then flaps her arms to shoo you all out of the lab.

"I think everything is secure. Let's get back to better air, and I'll explain. I bring it up because I think these would be thieves were agents of such a planetovore."
Jan 4, 2016 3:11 pm
Floats on Thunder’s face darkens with the realization and nods as the immediate threat is gone and leaves making his way outside and waits. He smooths down and adjusts the fabric around his neck the material soft to the touch, something he can never get used to it seemed considering what he considered clothing these seemed ‘soft’ yet strong.

Once the others besides the woman warrior meet up outside the door he would introduce himself.

"Hail warriors, I am known as Floats on Thunder to my people, I am one who dances through the dream worlds and understands the ways of The Strange taught by those who have learned from Brother Raven. Here in this dream on this Iron Star Child I go by the name ‘Thund3r’ to remind myself of the difference in the dreams and as not to confuse or forget one’s self in this ‘dancing of the dream’." he stated politely and with earnest looking among their number. His odd terminology though probably make the others wonder if he’s a bit off or maybe he was hit in the head during the ordeals possibly.

As he regards the others he looks around for the one who wears the effigy of the stranger’s possible spirit guide.

(OoC: I figure I should introduce myself in character also looking around for the guard that left to do his own thing I guess.)
Jan 4, 2016 6:34 pm
Awuim remains at the intersection of the main corridor and the side corridor the weapons lab was located on. An interested observer might have noted that he nearly left his post a few times during the firefight, but dutifully opted to remain at his assigned position.

Jeapa nods thankfully at Thund3r's assistance and leads you away, Awuim following behind.

As you begin walking, the station intercom activates: "ATTENTION. CLASS 4 HULL BEACH HAS BEEN CONTAINED. INTERNAL ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE REMAINS AT DANGEROUS LEVELS. ESTIMATED TIME TO RECOVERY OF PRESSURE TO SAFE LEVELS IS FIVE MINUTES. CONTACT SYSSEC IMMEDIATELY IF YOU REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ATTENTION."

Jeapa adds "We have automated robots that attempt to patch hull beaches as soon as they occur, and we have enough reserved air to resupply the entire station several times over." She stops at a for marked EMERGENCY PERSONNEL ONLY which opens for her. You enter a small room which pressurizes as soon as the outer door closes, which is both a relief and a new torment to your tortured ears. She removes her mask and rubs her ears with her good hand, opening and closing her jaw reflexively.

"I'm headed to SYSSEC, or System Security, and I'd like you to accompany me. I'll tell you more about planetovores and I have a proposition for you."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.