Chapter 2: Out of the Frying Pan

load previous
May 3, 2019 7:53 pm
I guess you had a good gut feeling, V.
[ +- ] head
She runs her fingers over the "door."

So what, then? It's not a real plane, but like, a pocket? Are the others coming back?
Last edited May 3, 2019 7:53 pm
May 3, 2019 7:57 pm
Verrian shrugs. "I only know what I just told you. Elora might be able to explain it more. The others should be coming out shortly. I think Yelnar is trying to decide what to do with the horses."
May 3, 2019 8:04 pm
Viani suppresses the urge to say "I told you so". Instead, she says "If it might collapse, we have to rescue the horses out of there."
May 3, 2019 8:09 pm
"I don't think it's going to collapse as long as most of the people come back out. The plane has supported all those horses for however long they've been there. Yelnar is deciding whether to bring all the horses out."
May 3, 2019 8:22 pm
Elora heads back as well. Immediately she feels the relief of no longer feeling her body compressing. Her musings continue as she wracks her brain. "I wonder what else is in there, I've read about some planes being used for travel. But what of those creaturea, did they mainfest naturally, or were they placed there...?"
May 3, 2019 8:31 pm
Hearing about the creatures, Yelnar decides that they’ll need to bring them out. He asks Krav to explain that for the moment they’ll need to stay fairly close to the fort rather than graze, until they can get more knowledge on what’s around the local area.

Once he leaves, he asks Elora "That was the last of the caches yeah? I think it’s time for us to sit down and work some things out"
May 3, 2019 8:37 pm
chunky04 says:
Once he leaves, he asks Elora "That was the last of the caches yeah?..."
OOC:
This is correct. That is the last of the caches. See this post for a list of the other items that were found.
May 3, 2019 9:42 pm
Those that remain in the shadow plane notice that the pressure starts to ease as people leave the space, but it does not change the fact that something in the distance is slowly approaching.
May 3, 2019 10:45 pm
OOC:
I realise I probably didn't make it clear enough - my plan was to immediately start bring the horses out, hopefully before whatever it is thats coming arrives
May 3, 2019 11:31 pm
OOC:
I didn't have much to add so I stayed quiet during this sequence. Assume Ephwrath walked through the portal following Krav, got excited and collected a few samples of grass and any other plant life he found. Upon hearing Verrian's warning, he collects his things and exits the portal.
May 4, 2019 1:24 am
As the entire party stands in the shed watching the horses come through the portal, Verrian asks, "So are we sure that whatever those creatures are inside that plane can't get through the portal? Do we need to do anything to ensure they are trapped within?"
May 4, 2019 5:17 am
"I'm not entirely sure, the fact they haven't left before suggests they're bond to the plane, but maybe the thought simply never occurred to them?"
chunky04 says:
Hearing about the creatures, Yelnar decides that they’ll need to bring them out. He asks Krav to explain that for the moment they’ll need to stay fairly close to the fort rather than graze, until they can get more knowledge on what’s around the local area.

Once he leaves, he asks Elora "That was the last of the caches yeah? I think it’s time for us to sit down and work some things out"
"Okay." Elora nods in agreement, a small smile of excitement. "What's next, opening those chests we found? No doubt they contain something useful. And maybe plan our next move?" She whips out her journal, writing down these ideas.
Last edited May 4, 2019 5:18 am
May 4, 2019 6:27 am
Viani walks up to one of the horses, one that's not currently being held by Yelnar. "Hello, horsy, I'm Viani"
She's not very good with animals but she tries to show the horse that she's not an enemy. She'll also glance at Krav from the corner of her eye, hoping he'll help her with talking to the horse.

Rolls

Handle Animal - (1D20-1)

(14) - 1 = 13

May 4, 2019 7:39 am
"I don't really know anything about the portal, I'll leave that to you folks with knowledge of that sort of thing. Maybe we just lock the door just in case? At least if they make noise breaking out it should alert us.

Seeing Viani's uncertainty with the horses, and not wanting them to get spooked, Yelnar shows Viani how to approach a horse. "They really like apples if we have any left in the orchard." he says.

With the horses out Yelnar heads to the workshop and grabs some tools he can use to break open the chests, then returns.

"OK, lets find out the last part of what assets we have to work with, then I think we need to plan some things out - letting thehorses out is probably going to make people twig to the fact that someone is here faster."
May 4, 2019 11:28 am
Viani let's Yelnar show her how to handle the horses and tries to imitate him as well as she can. She pets the horse's neck and speaks to it in a quiet voice.
Maybe Yelnar is not such a bad guy after all.
"We should go out and check if there are any then", she says
Last edited May 4, 2019 11:29 am
May 4, 2019 1:59 pm
"We will, but I think we need to all sit down and come up with a plan of action first, the herd will be OK for a while having a run around and getting used to being home again."
May 4, 2019 2:56 pm
As everyone gathers around the horses, there is a sudden plopping noise. Ephwrath clearly excited by this development pulls out one of his examination tools and begins studying a fresh horse dropping. "Oh my lucky stars! Extra-planar equine excrement! Krav, look at this strange consistency, and what an intriguing odor... I wonder what they were eating in there?" He holds a dollop of fresh horse dung uncomfortably close to Krav’s nose for him to examine as well, before placing it in a sample jar for later delivery to the college.

Ephwrath then packs up his gear and returns to the courtyard to continue prepping the dead for burial, which he was doing prior to the being distracted by the portal and poop.
Last edited May 4, 2019 3:49 pm

Rolls

Heal check on the poop in case that helps me learn anything... :D - (1d20+8)

(1) + 8 = 9

May 4, 2019 3:02 pm
Ember approaches Epwrath cautiously, ignoring the excitement over excrement.

Can....I help? Is that okay?

Her stomach is churning again, now that the focus is shifting back to the massacre.
May 4, 2019 6:00 pm
Verrian walks over to Yelnar. "I can pick the locks on the boxes and get them open. And we do need to sit down and make a plan. But, Yelnar..." She puts a hand on his shoulder. "First, we'll need to bury the dead. Your dead. I know you're probably trying to avoid thinking about it, but let's deal with that, first. Have you looked at any of the bodies? You had a brother who was here with your mother, didn't you?"
May 4, 2019 6:37 pm
Ephwrath smiles at Ember, surprised by her offer. He gently fishes a small glass jar out of his beard and removes the lid. "Here. You'll want to use some of this... Apply a little to your upper lip, and it will help with the smell." He takes a small dab, waxes his mustache with it, and then hands her the jar. "I make it myself! It reminds me of home..." He takes a deep breath and slowly breathes out, eyes glazing over with nostalgia. "Valerman cave mushrooms... ahhh." He whispers. Suddenly a pungent smell assaults Ember's nostrils, and her eyes immediately begin to water.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.