Chapter 2: Out of the Frying Pan

load previous
May 10, 2019 12:42 am
OOC:
What time is it roughly about now? Just wondering if Yelnar would have time to show Ember how to use the crossbow.
May 10, 2019 1:12 am
OOC:
She has fired one before, just not with permission......so some training would be appreciated XD
May 10, 2019 1:38 am
OOC:
It’s mid-afternoon or so.
May 10, 2019 2:11 am
Yelnar considers Ember's statement "My understanding is that there are limitations on the number of spells you can cast, so I can give you some pointers with the crossbow so that you can use it to stay at range and contribute at times where you feel a spell won't be as impactful as you'd like, or do you have a ranged cantrip that you probably get more use out of? So now its just Ephwrath, Elora and Froak yeah?"
May 10, 2019 2:21 am
Verrian moves to Froak. "I told you when you gave back your sharp-and-brown to the Crows that we'd give you a much better knife. Why don't we go pick one out from the cart that you can have for your very own?"
May 10, 2019 4:28 am
OOC:
LOTS of rolling to be done, don't mind me. Welp maybe not with that 21 DC needed.
Just re-read the rules and I gotta make a spellcraft check every time I want to prep these borrowed spells, fair enough considering they're free.

Are we still outside? If so Elora would probably go in doors or at least move a table outside to hear the conversation.
Whilst all this talk of sneaking takes place Elora is deep in study, pouring through the pages of the spellbook. "Maybe that one? No, too complex. This one? Ineffective..." She continues to talk to herself throughout the process.
Last edited May 10, 2019 4:34 am

Rolls

Arcane Writing checks - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d20+8)

1d20+8 : (9) + 8 = 17

1d20+8 : (15) + 8 = 23

1d20+8 : (5) + 8 = 13

1d20+8 : (1) + 8 = 9

True strike Preparation (spellcraft) - (1d20+8)

(11) + 8 = 19

May 10, 2019 4:52 am
OOC:
Not quite. Spellcraft to copy to your own spellbook, but once they’re copied, you can prepare them without a roll just like any other spell.

You can try to copy the failed spells again tomorrow (in IC time).
May 10, 2019 1:36 pm
Ember nods. My little spells I can do whenever I want, but my really good ones have limits. I'll take the lesson, sure. I should learn some teamwork anyway.
May 10, 2019 8:07 pm
OOC:
All right, I'm going to move the story forward some time in the next 6-8 hours or so. If there's anything else you want to accomplish IC before then, please do so. If for some reason you'd like me to hold up on moving to day 3, let me know here!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.