Chapter 3: Silver Isle, Floating Market

load previous
Jun 4, 2019 7:06 am
"Having trouble deciding? Tell you what, we'll LOAN you our silvered weapons, and start repairs on your ship on good faith." The elder sighs, "I'm getting terribly soft in my old age!"

"And your friend is right, money's not good here. We accept gems, goods, and services. I've expressed interest in that fabulous winged horse but haven't gotten a response yet. What sort of mileage do you get out of it?"
Jun 4, 2019 10:30 am
"Services, you say? Seems to me like ridding your island of hags and sorcerers should at the very least buy us ship repairs and provisions, and a 60% discount on silvering weapons."
OOC:
Forgive me if this is metagaming: Couldn't Nela give this guy the pegasus? Once we're away from here she can send Shine off to his pocket dimension and recall him to her.
Last edited June 4, 2019 10:31 am
Jun 4, 2019 2:03 pm
Jineer pipes up loudly from the group huddle, enough for the villagers to hear. "Yes i agree the offer sounds a bit rigged, Oh why yes turning them into sea turtles is an option... i haven't had a decent turtle soup in years." She smiles and looks to see if her ploy has taken root with the villagers.
Jun 4, 2019 2:07 pm
OOC:
Gimme a Deception or Intimidation roll, Jineer.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Jun 4, 2019 2:29 pm
OOC:
Deception Time!

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Jun 4, 2019 2:42 pm
"Now, now, there's no need for threats. It's bad for business." the Elder stammers.

"Y-you're right, ridding our fine island of... unwanted elements is ample enough compensation for ship repairs and provisions. But I beg you, let's not overdo it with the discounts on silvering! Half price on up to FOUR weapons each. How's that? Do we have a deal?" the elder offers a sweaty handshake.
Jun 4, 2019 3:27 pm
"And a Cask of your Strongest Alcohol!"
Jun 4, 2019 4:49 pm
"Fine, fine! A cask of our famous Silver Spirits! Yes!" the Elder laughs nervously. "So how soon do you think... that is, the sooner you do this thing, the sooner you folks can be ON YOUR WAY... I mean, you must have OTHER PLACES to be, yes?"
Jun 4, 2019 5:21 pm
A chart would be helpful. we were blown off course an have nae idea where we are
Jun 4, 2019 6:21 pm
"I'd give you charts if we had 'em. Our 10-year-olds can navigate by the sun and stars. If you want charts you'll have to go to the Floating Market."

"So do we have a deal, or do we have a deal?"
Jun 4, 2019 6:23 pm
At the mention of the haggle and the "orders" via Ian. Phillip leaves the area and heads towards the north. "Treating an old lady like this...
Jun 4, 2019 8:19 pm
We should check wi the captain but....sigh these stars are strange to us. I worry about that bloody storm
Jun 4, 2019 10:20 pm
Nela says I'm flying back to the ship. So it will be a few hours before I get back. Anyone need a ride?
Jun 5, 2019 12:01 am
I'll go wi ye, check on the Captain
Jun 5, 2019 4:36 am
Zale hesitates, waiting for Ian to either accept or reject the Elder's offer. When the first mate does neither, the genasi heads after Phillip.
Jun 5, 2019 8:14 am
Grog thinks about the proposal of getting a loaner weapon, but wagering with his wits, he figures they don't have a greataxe on hand. He then follows behind the group said axe in both hands.
Jun 5, 2019 10:14 am
] Alight, let's get this wounded beast through
we do nae have much choice but t take the bloody deal.do we??
He sighs and heads back to the ship with anyone that will follow, as getting the ship in alone will be difficult
Last edited June 5, 2019 10:17 am
Jun 5, 2019 2:22 pm
With no tavern in town Jineer decides that a witch hunt would probably be the next best thing and she begins following Phillips group.
Jun 5, 2019 5:28 pm
Phillip is partly oblivious to the following seemingly upset with the accusation that magada is an evil person. "hill folk this.. hill folk that...
Jun 5, 2019 5:34 pm
"Phillip! Hey, Phillip! Wait for us!" Zale catches up with the hot-headed tourist. "What exactly do you plan to do?"
Last edited June 5, 2019 5:45 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.