General OoC discussion

load previous
Nov 11, 2015 3:41 am
If I understand correctly:

In the room where Ogbar and Xana entered, there are, among other things, "a trio of men wrestling."

In the room where Klak and Quest entered, there are, among other things, "four grim men: two are running to get behind the table on the right, while the other two flip their table on the left over, making a bit of cover for themselves."

And for now Sara, Thacogyygax and Aanbo, who are all outside, are unaware of what's going on inside. Did we see them enter, at least? Obviously Sara saw the others enter, but did Thacogygax and Aanbo?
Nov 11, 2015 4:15 am
I apologize that I wasn't more clear. I'll amend the post to explicitly include you all, as you can hear Quest's challenge and see them enter.
Nov 11, 2015 8:22 am
Ha! I thought we were at the northern mill, too!
Nov 12, 2015 10:04 am
I figured a double move would be it for me this round. Let me know if there's any sort of check I should be making to assess the situation.
Nov 12, 2015 10:08 am
I think you've already role-played yourself to deduce what's going to happen; an Insight check at this point would just add a chance that you changed your mind.
Nov 13, 2015 12:32 am
Err...whose turn is it at the mill?
Nov 13, 2015 1:33 am
At the moment? Thacogygax and Aanbo's.
Nov 13, 2015 1:54 am
Is it to late to declare the use of my reaction to use Intellect Fortress? This would impose disadvantage on Thug 4 and if he still manages to hit me he takes an equal amount(2) psychic damage. I should leave standing orders to do this on the first attack against Quest each round. If it is to late, I can accept that and will be more explicit with my actions in the future.
Nov 13, 2015 2:27 am
No, that's fine, we can retroactively say you were concentrating on Intellect fortress this round, since you did not spend any psi points and concentration on additional damage with your mind thrust. My read of the discipline, though, is that he would take half your level rounded up in damage, which is 1. Do you have a bonus to damage that would apply that I'm forgetting?

I heartily welcome standing orders for characters that apply to different situations. If you wish to default to concentrating on Intellect Fortress each round unless you say you're concentrating on something else, that works. I'll prompt you to make a save to maintain concentration for this round, if you are hit.
Nov 13, 2015 2:30 am
Xana's standing orders are to distract and confuse the enemy whenever possible in order to save her own hide. When all else fails, run!
Nov 13, 2015 3:05 am
spaceseeker19 says:
No, that's fine, we can retroactively say you were concentrating on Intellect fortress this round, since you did not spend any psi points and concentration on additional damage with your mind thrust. My read of the discipline, though, is that he would take half your level rounded up in damage, which is 1. Do you have a bonus to damage that would apply that I'm forgetting?

I heartily welcome standing orders for characters that apply to different situations. If you wish to default to concentrating on Intellect Fortress each round unless you say you're concentrating on something else, that works. I'll prompt you to make a save to maintain concentration for this round, if you are hit.
Nope...I read it wrong, or was confusing it with some other ability...it is half level. So yeah...standing orders are concentration on Intellect Fortress, applying the ability to the first attack in the round.
Nov 13, 2015 3:06 am
Durren's standing order is to try to cleave through enemies when (1) he is fighting multiple enemies or (2) he is fighting a powerful enemy.
Nov 13, 2015 8:13 pm
Ugh. Klak rolls a 1, Moradin's Beard!
Nov 13, 2015 8:39 pm
What was the target number for the strength save against Arms of Hadar?
Nov 13, 2015 8:42 pm
It's whatever your spellcasting DC is, which I figure is based on charisma like any other warlock. That'd make it 12. But the half damage was enough to kill everything except the man anyway.
Nov 13, 2015 8:54 pm
Yikes. Ok. Poor doggie :(
Last edited November 13, 2015 8:55 pm
Nov 14, 2015 3:47 am
This round, before I act, I'm waiting to see resolution on Quest's latest Mind Thrust attacks to see if both Thug 4 & 5 have had their brains melted. Is there enough space in here to catapult those barrels if needed?

Both Quest's Intellect Fortress and Thacogygax's Frostbite impose disadvantage so foolsmask and I definitely need to keep track of each other's actions. Anybody else got any disadvantage abilities?

Also, I misunderstood the building's architecture. I thought that interior wall between the two rooms had a connecting door in it. That's where I thought Sara and I were hehe. So apparently that is not a door but a window, and it is further into the room than the melee. So I think we're good where we are. :-D

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B071DukoNZd1Tk5JdFp0aFVIZkU
Nov 14, 2015 3:56 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
This round, before I act, I'm waiting to see resolution on Quest's latest Mind Thrust attacks to see if both Thug 4 & 5 have had their brains melted. Is there enough space in here to catapult those barrels if needed?
Barrels are more than 5 lbs, so you couldn't catapult them, right?
Quote:
Also, I misunderstood the building's architecture. I thought that interior wall between the two rooms had a connecting door in it. That's where I thought Sara and I were hehe. So apparently that is not a door but a window, and it is further into the room than the melee. So I think we're good where we are. :-D

I didn't think either of you ever entered the building; was I mistaken?

There IS an interior door connecting the two rooms: it's between the two stairways and it's closed.
Nov 14, 2015 4:11 am
In my head I did enter the room, but only because I misunderstood the layout inside. So I'm good with where we are now.

You're right about the barrels. Too heavy. I guess I'm spamming Frostbite. That is, IF there are still foes standing (it looks to me like Klak and Quest have already taken out their opposition). Yes, Thacogygax is ahead on the initiative order, but he's always going to be a little gunshy.
Nov 14, 2015 4:33 am
Spamming? No, that's how cantrips work in D&D5! They're basically one of the few call-backs to D&D4, referencing the At-Will Powers. You're expected to use your cantrips constantly.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.