Fate of the Universe

load previous
May 7, 2019 9:23 am
[ +- ]
ITARI is next level with his ability to hack into the Network. His bots manage to uncover posts made by Dr Valik, before and during his present rantings. Before his tirades, he was only posting research notes and developments, and a few tame commentary on science. There are also articles with his name in them, mostly interviews and biographies of him.
May 7, 2019 4:21 pm
OOC:
Can I get the time when the change happens (you don't need to be specific as long as Itari knows), and possibly Dr Valik's location at the time? Maybe he attends a talk before and after, giving me a good idea of where he was at time
"Ok, I have what I need, let's head out"
May 8, 2019 6:47 am
His first aggressive posting occurred about 2 and a half months ago, at night at a location supposedly in a house in a wealthy neignbourhood along the western sea. It was a week ago when he had attended a talk before his change, which was about space travel.
May 8, 2019 9:04 am
"Alright! I'll get the van ready! Gorovon, shut down the computer come with us!"

Within a few minutes, the group have gathered into a van and is heading out from the isolated observatory. The sun have just peeked from the horizon as the vehicle left the Dusty ground and entered into the main road towards the city of Vas Conra.

"So guys, we will be your get away vehicle. If anything goes wrong, give us a call with this walkie talkie, and we'll come rescue you. Also we've got ourselves guns, but hopefully, we won't have to use them." Saromia says as Gorovon tosses a walkie talkie to the back.
May 8, 2019 12:30 pm
As he catches the walkie talkie, Itari tries and fails to imagine what could go so wrong the agents would have to come on guns blazing.

"We should be fine", he says
May 8, 2019 4:48 pm
"We appreciate the backup, but this is just a fact finding mission, I'm sure everything will be fine."
OOC:
famous last words there.
May 9, 2019 10:03 am
The van drives past other similarly styled vehicles and the looming shadows of the buildings downtown. It did not take long before the van turns into a parking lot and is fully parked.

"Here we are, the Vas Conra Theatre. We'll expect you to come back atleast half an hour after the speech ends. But you can also call us if you wish to leave the place by some other means so we'll not get too worried. Oh, and also it looks like the event will start in 15mins, just to let you know. " Saromia says as she checks her watch after unlocking the van doors.
May 9, 2019 2:51 pm
Itari will find a position near the back of the crowd, his hearing and vision being good enough to hear and see Dr Valik regardless. But he doesn't want to brush up with the crowd too much
May 10, 2019 2:32 am
Purra tamps down her Soul Wave so as not to draw attention to herself and leaves ITARI at the back of the crowd. The Princess wants to feel the "energy" of things among the people. Without looking like a wandering loon she tries to move through the crowd to get a good spot near the middle.
May 10, 2019 7:34 am
Purra can feel the anticipation of the audience, along with hints of defiant anger.

Soon the MC came on stage. "Thank you all for coming today! Now, we'll present the Great Preservator to speak with you all about social and mental issues! Give it up for Dr Valik!"

Once the MC left the stage and a green suited, balding senior gentleman enters from the left, the crowd goes wild with cheers and applause.

"It is great to see that more people are starting to believe in my cause. This plague of ill thoughts is worse than the virus that killed 300 million of us. This week, I'll discuss about the reasons for unnatural thinking, and the consequences if we leave them alone for the future of our generation." Dr Valik continues to speak into the microphone at the given podium.
May 12, 2019 1:30 pm
Dr Valik proceeds to passionately talk about how humans have been manipulated since early times to believe that they came from The Great Green Ocean, where a god supposedly shaped humanity from the foam and the sand. He says that there is growing evidence the people were originally from another planet as archaeology slowly reveals. This goes on for about 20 minutes before he continues on to explain what he calls "Sexual Deviancy" to be the result of society's standard falling as the people grief over their mortality.

Meanwhile, Purra is able to notice that a man in front of her is subtly shaking his head eveytime the speaker made another point. Due to stamping down her power, she can't definitely tell if the man disagrees with Dr Valik.
OOC:
BTW, if you wish to skip this to the end, let me know. If not, I'll keep this pace of posting.
May 12, 2019 5:08 pm
OOC:
You can probably skip it to the end, unless something happens where we need to make a decision, or react to
May 13, 2019 3:19 am
Purra sees the man shaking his head and makes a note of him. She starts looking around the rest of the crowd trying to gauge the effectiveness of the doctor's words on their demeanor.
OOC:
Not sure if you want an Empathy roll here to read the people or not.
May 14, 2019 3:47 pm
[ +- ]
May 15, 2019 3:33 am
[ +- ]
May 15, 2019 4:27 am
OOC:
[ +- ]
May 15, 2019 4:35 am
Doing her best to blend, Purra watches the crowd to see how may are actually going along with this madness and how many are still resisting.
OOC:
Spending a Fate Point and invoking Princess of Vapra IV, Diplomat of the UWP to reroll. Well...fate just doesn't want me to get this it seems...oh well.
Last edited May 15, 2019 4:37 am

Rolls

Reading the crowd with Psych (+1)

0 Positive, 1 Blank, 3 Negative - Total: -3

Re-roll of Psychology (+1)

0 Positive, 3 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: -1

May 15, 2019 5:43 am
As Princess Purra tries to study the audience, she realises that the person behind her is starting to glare at her as she checks the rear of the crowd. Purra manages to find out that at least 40% are supportive and 5% are against. The rest are hard to discern or are neutral. As she looks back to Dr Valik, she sees that he is now watching her as he monologues. "Now if you wish to ask me questions, please do so at the end of the talk..."
May 15, 2019 5:51 am
[ +- ]
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.