Fate of the Universe

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 26, 2019 6:01 am
Sailing across the stars, a small ship about 40 metres across is carrying with it half a dozen passengers, including an onboard Ai. It is a Diameter, one of the many ships the transport-ship-turned-operating-base Galactic Orb has in its arsenal, and it is half way to its destination, a planet called Homgern.

Its lunch time, and the crew are gathered in the cafeteria of the ship. Nodume, the co-pilot, is lying back in his chair, trying to relax as his duty is mostly covered by the newly implemented AI. Elexa, the ship technician, is finishing her ration quickly so as to get back to monitor the AI that was donated by the allied Faction called Green Window. One can never know these days if anyone, especially an AI, is a spy of a rival Faction, or even worse.

The others present include Medical Officer Yond, Duty Distributor Morvin, Princess Purra Fatelight, and Investigator Xóchitl Atlacamani.
OOC:
Let me know if all of you are ready to move on.
Apr 26, 2019 4:10 pm
After Elexa scoffs down the last of the brown pudding, she grabs her computer tablet that was lying on the table and rushes out of the cafeteria. She will likely be at the cockpit, connecting her tablet and reading data from the ITARI.

Meanwhile, Yond stands up and does stretches, looking out through the round purple-tinted window of the ship. Stars and a single distant brown planet slink by.
Apr 26, 2019 4:37 pm
Itari will sneak up behind Elexa, taking advantage of the fact that by default the holograms make no noise, until he is right behind her.

"Whatcha up to?"
Last edited April 26, 2019 4:38 pm
Apr 27, 2019 2:25 am
"Ah! By Ureka!" Elexa gave a surprised scream, before quickly composing herself. "Oh, it's just you. Just... don't mention that I still use my local god's name. Anyways, I'm still trying to understand how you function. Despite being 2 weeks of studying these results, I think I just barely scratched the surface..."
Apr 27, 2019 2:52 am
Morvin the Duty Distributer puts away the book he was reading, and pulls out the file containing the mission information. "Guys, I know you don't like me to repeat this again, but to refresh your memory, your mission is to find this man named Scepio Valik. Also known as the Preservator by the local civilians." Morvin says in a dreary voice.

"Try not to draw too much attention. Only those at the top of the government, and our local spies, know of our arrival. This man is suspected of being an Outsider agent and infiltrator. I can't give any more information, as the Information Distributive Department felt that you are too low ranking to be trusted to handle excessive info. Your mission to have enough proof of that he is not who he say he is, then call in reinforcements that will handle the situation. But if you guys are confident enough, you might take him on your own..." Morvin gives a wry smile.
Apr 27, 2019 3:12 am
RoAries says:
"Ah! By Ureka!" Elexa gave a surprised scream, before quickly composing herself. "Oh, it's just you. Just... don't mention that I still use my local god's name. Anyways, I'm still trying to understand how you function. Despite being 2 weeks of studying these results, I think I just barely scratched the surface..."
"Ah, is that what you're up to? I could have guessed. Your screen is just one big blur to me. One of the rules, you know. If I even think that I'm looking at something resembling my vitals, my source code, my user manual... my vision goes all swimmy. So I can't really help you with that. Fair's fair that you get to see my insides though, I can see all of yours, AND I've analyzed your bowel movements for the day! You're eating very well, Elexa."

Itari gets a little annoyed when people are poking at his code and hopes she gets the hint
Apr 27, 2019 6:15 am
Purra sits up and puts her arms over her head, stretching lazily in her chair. Her Soul Wave flexes as well, manifesting in a shimmering rainbow of pastel colors. Stifling a yawn, Purra asks, "Do we know what he looks like? So we don't waste time looking at the wrong guy at least? And what exactly is a Preservator? We don't have those back on Vapora."
Apr 27, 2019 7:14 am
Ah yes." Morvin says as he flips through the document. He shows the Princess and the Investigator two pages containing photographs of a well dress middle aged man. "This here is him 2 months ago, and this one is him last month. You may take note of his eyes." The older photo have him with brown eyes, while the newer one has his left eye being green.

"Of course, this might just be some new fashion of Homgern, but we have to take anomalies very seriously especially with doppelgangers and possessors in our times. And concerning about the name Preservator, it's just a dramatic title. The locals give to their famous people similar names like that. Dr Valik is the lead scientist of a medical research organisation called Tanks For Life. His team have invented a method to preserve organs indefinitely, and is now working towards immortality and suspended animation."
Apr 27, 2019 5:06 pm
Elexa looks up at the projected image of ITARI. "Um..." thanks?" She says with a blush and a brief look of concern. Then a moment later after she turns back to her tablet that she realised that the AI is being subtly angry at her intrusions into his inner workings.

"Oh! You mind that I am checking if you're a... ah I mean, that I'm studying you! OK, I'll stop now." She exits the program that was on the screen, and disconnects her device, before nervously nodding to the hologram as she makes her leave to the sleeping quarters.
OOC:
I was thinking about rolling to see if she understood itari's annoyance, but looking at the rules, it's probably best to do that for action scenes with significant consequences. I'll be starting the arrival soon.
Apr 28, 2019 2:46 am
OOC:
Yeah, I would roll if both results are equally interesting. If you have a clear preference, just pick the more interesting result and run with it.
"Oh! No, no, I was just joking. You're the technician, it's your job to look into well... Me. I'd just appreciate if it's all up front, not behind my back. You can't really hide from me in the ship anyways... Although... Do you have zero black black overrides? I think you can make yourself invisible with those... I digress. I'd like us to have more of a doctor patient relationship then... Whatever you'd call what you were just doing. Is that ok?"
Apr 28, 2019 4:37 am
Elexa stops and hears itari's explanation. "I see. You trully are advanced, almost as if you're a real person. Um, do you take offense to that? OK, I'll respect you like a patient, and I will be sure to let the others know that you have feelings too.
OOC:
BTW, how does itari' s projection look like?
Apr 28, 2019 11:38 am
"You can keep saying I'm advanced if you want"
OOC:
I'll try to find a good avatar for the site
Edit: The guy from ready player one seems close
Last edited April 28, 2019 12:12 pm
Apr 28, 2019 5:18 pm
2 more weeks passed, and the ship is finally nearing its destination. The planet of Homgern has pale green oceans, jade forests, and brown deserts. If one were to look at the windows facing the planet, it will look to be the size of an outstretched clenched fist.

"Yo, guys." The co-pilot calls out to the gathered group. "We'll be landing in a couple of minutes. Just to let y'all know, there is a beacon placed by our guys down there. Wherever it is, they believe it's the best place to park our ship secretly. Oh, and we'll be using basic cloaking. With the technological level of Homgern, no one will likely detect us if we turn on our defense fields as we descend."
Apr 28, 2019 9:50 pm
"Are theyhostile to outsiders? Will we be in any danger if they find out who we represent? What is their level of technology? Sorry for all the questions. Guess I didn't read the mission report as closely as I should have.
Apr 29, 2019 5:08 am
Morvin speaks this time. "We at the United Worlds Project believe in having the worlds that we come into contact with to maintain their culture and have a natural development of their technology. If we deem a world to be unsuitable to introduce our standard of space travel to, then our interactions will be kept as low as possible. We had break ups in our old organisation in the past. We were once called the Galaxial Initiative, a splinter group of our original Faction: The End of Universe Project. Don't be alarmed, that old name was in reference to our resistance to the prophecied fate of our universe."
Apr 29, 2019 5:35 am
"But I digress. Because of our history of members having different ideas of how to progress our union, we feel that to avoid such infightings again, we'll be more selective in which planets we "ascend". In regards to Homgern's hostility. I'm afraid it's likely that some local nations will regard us as a threat, but the country we will go to is amiable with us, as we have established secret relations with their government. If the military identified us, they'll be ordered not to attack. However, we can't tell how the common civilians will react. It's best that we blend with them when we- I mean you 3 attempt to accomplish your mission. The other important reason to do so is because our target might indeed be a malicious infiltrator and flees if he knows we are after him. We'll be protecting the ship and keep in contact with you with our communication devices. As for their technology level, they have computers and Internet at a basic level, they have yet to land on their moon, and their most advanced area of science so far is in medicine and genetics."
Apr 29, 2019 12:02 pm
"I guess I'd better build a box to climb into. Uploading myself to their internet might be seen as a hostile attack"

Itari spins up the 3d printers and scans the database for Homgernian (?) bodies, creating a reasonably average looking Android to inhabit. It wouldn't hold up up medical scrutiny, but should look realistic enough to pass. He also ingests as much cultural information as he is able to, to avoid doing as many non-Homgern things as possible when they're down on the planet. Then he signals the co pilot

"I'm almost ready to go. I'll be turning the ship over to the dumb matter. Automation should take care of most of the basic tasks but driving the ship will be back to manual"
Apr 29, 2019 3:52 pm
It did not take long before co pilot Nodume steers the space craft into the planet's atmosphere. The beacon is set at a desert region, and the time of day would be in the early morning as the surface is still under darkness. With the automated systems kicking in, and the activation of the defense fields, the ship swiftly lands on solid ground. After the docking bay decompresses, the landing walkway opens up, and the party sees 2 people waiting for them right outside. Under the lights from inside the ship, it can be seen that they are wearing camo hoodies.
Apr 30, 2019 12:57 am
Walking down the ramp Purra raises a hand in greeting. "Hello friends, I am Princess Purra Fatelight of planet Vapora. It is a pleasure to meet you. How are you?" her tone is a little stilted but amiable.
Apr 30, 2019 2:05 am
"Come with us." A gruff male voice says as one of the hooded walks away.

"Ah, apologies for him." Says the other, who is a lady. "He tends to be like that. Anyways, hello fellow friend of the UWP! I am Saromia, and that guy that is now heading to our base is Gorovon. Its nice to see that the UWP is so welcoming these days, as I get to see many exotic and beautiful woman such as you! Oh did I get too carried away? My bad! Anyways, we are the local spies of UWP, and our duty is mainly to send reports of any suspicious activity of possible alien incursions to our noble employers. You probably have knowledge of what the present issue is, if not, we can discuss it at our headquarters. Come, let's go!"
Apr 30, 2019 2:30 am
"We have been given a name, that is all we know at this point. Perhaps you have more details as to why you suspect something is different about this...Dr. Valik?"
Apr 30, 2019 7:00 am
"Well, for one, his personality suddenly changed. Before, he was rather reclusive and prefer not to go for public events, and he is respectful and reserved when he speak. But now, he have been filling all online message boards with his rantings about religion and sexuality, saying that all religion should be destroyed, and that anything besides cis-gendered heterosexuality is insanity. It might be posible that he simply changed by coming across toxic ideas online, but if it weren't accompanied by his one green eye, I would not have sent the report... Anyways, let's get going before somebody might see us."
Apr 30, 2019 12:12 pm
"Yes, let's get going. The sooner I'm out of this body, the better"

Itari is still walking a little a awkwardly, trying to get used to the new body. He's feeling a bit constrained, his vast array of internal/external sensors in the ship now reduced to the journal 5 senses, and the large data processing centres resided to what he can carry on board. The overall effect is add though he had taken a heavy blow to the head
May 1, 2019 1:35 am
"After you then. It does so bother me when people of high intellect show themselves to be so closed minded. In my experience, wherever you go, people are people, the only ones that cause problems are the ones that can't leave others alone."
May 1, 2019 4:39 am
As the 3 member party and the hooded lady left the landing site, she continued talking. "I agree! Especially since right now, Dr Valik is an influencial figure, and with him spouting all sorts of hateful messages, I fear that we'll be headed into another era of conflict. We've been living in peace for about a century since the last awful war that have caused a third of the world to be wiped out by bio-weapons..."
OOC:
I'll move the action slowly forward, hope that's OK.
May 1, 2019 11:47 am
"I'll never understand why humans make up labels and then kill each other over them... How popular are his views? It doesn't make a lot of sense for an alien to invade just to rile up a few dorks on a message board somewhere, but with a critical mass this could be a plot to soften the planet for invasion... Can you get me an internet connection as soon as you can?"
May 1, 2019 3:52 pm
"Presently, he has only a small loyal following. Most of the people generally are surprised and bothered by his new attitude, while the rest simply does not care. As for Internet connection, we've got a really fast one at our base. Or atleast relative to most of the world."

After treking for roughly 20 minutes under the dim light of the moon, the group have arrived at a building that sits in a valley of a mountain range. It has a large radio tower, as well as a sizable telescope, emerging from the simple looking structure. As they near the entrance, Gorovon is standing infront with a bored expression. "Took you long enough. Also, you look funny." He says with his eyes leveled at the disguised robot.
May 1, 2019 5:06 pm
To the lady:

"That's a big mystery then, unless they're making a long play, or there are more infiltrations you haven't detected yet"

To Gorovon:

"Hmm, funny how? I suppose it's too late to reconfigure..."
May 2, 2019 2:11 am
"Bio-weapons. Are there any connections to the old regime that used the bio weapons and Dr. Valik's current group? Anything at all...people from the same government, or relatives of the leaders? It might be hold-overs from the past generation that are influencing this group."
May 2, 2019 1:17 pm
"Hey, that's rude to speak of our guests like that, Gorovon!" Saromia reprimands her partner.

Still not changing his expression, Gorovon says: "What? He does not look like a real person. Even his walk his weird."

"Anyways, welcome to The Obervatory, our little hideout where we both serve the local government and the UWP." The lady says, turning to the party. "Please ignore my friend, he is not used with dealing with people, especially those that are from another planet."
May 2, 2019 1:22 pm
"As for old connections, we have not delve too deep into researching Valik's group, but we do know that the team is made up of people from different countries. But, we found that he himself is from Ginoma, the country that was responsible for the deaths of millions in the war."
May 2, 2019 1:31 pm
"That's ok, but I'm concerned. My walk will get better, but if it's that obvious I'm not from Homgern that might be a bit problem for a stealth mission. Maybe I should just stay here"
May 3, 2019 5:22 am
"Oh! Well, we have face masks and some spare hoodies that you can wear. Though it won't make you completely inconspicuous, atleast it's less alien than what you're currently wearing. And also..." She turns to Gorovon. Please help me boot up the computer, thanks Goro."
May 3, 2019 5:34 am
"As we wait, I'll tell you more recent news. Lately, Dr Valik have gone on public speeches organised by himself this past few weeks. Today, he'll be going on another one, conveniently at the nearby city of Vas Conra. We can send you there with our van this afternoon if you think it's a good opportunity to meet him. "
May 3, 2019 12:56 pm
"Do you have a surgical mask? One that someone might wear when they're sick? I think that would be a good cover, and prevent people from getting too close, instinctively. And yes, we should definitely go to that speech... Oh, is this the computer?"

Itari walks over to the terminal, and sizes it up. It's obviously less advanced than what he's used to but should serve his purposes.

"What are the local laws around hacking like? I want to gather a lot of information really quickly, but I don't want to cause a diplomatic incident. Does your government already do a lot of hacking, that I can use to cover my activities, or would alarms be raised at the first sign of intrusion? Either way is fine of course, it just determines how subtle I need to be"
May 4, 2019 12:17 am
"I agree. At least observing his speech and getting a feel for his organization."
May 4, 2019 4:57 pm
"Yup, it's one of those masks. And well, hacking is illegal. The government and company sites are full of security, and if you do manage to hack into them, there is a chance you may be traced. As for the government doing hackings... I am not aware of that, so there is that risk of a deeper conspiracy. But of course, since you are no doubt professionals, then you may find some info without too much trouble, I hope."
May 4, 2019 10:42 pm
"Understood," says Itari, as he begins typing. As this is a government ip, he first needs to wash his traffic through other servers. Then he writes a few bots to scrape for Dr Valik's posts, past and present

Rolls

Computers +5

3 Positive, 1 Blank, 0 Negative - Total: +3

May 5, 2019 9:30 am
OOC:
Hope you guys can be patient with me. I'll take a moment to decide what to do. If you have any suggestions for me to GM this better, I welcome them.
May 5, 2019 12:49 pm
OOC:
You're doing fine so far
May 7, 2019 9:23 am
[ +- ]
ITARI is next level with his ability to hack into the Network. His bots manage to uncover posts made by Dr Valik, before and during his present rantings. Before his tirades, he was only posting research notes and developments, and a few tame commentary on science. There are also articles with his name in them, mostly interviews and biographies of him.
May 7, 2019 4:21 pm
OOC:
Can I get the time when the change happens (you don't need to be specific as long as Itari knows), and possibly Dr Valik's location at the time? Maybe he attends a talk before and after, giving me a good idea of where he was at time
"Ok, I have what I need, let's head out"
May 8, 2019 6:47 am
His first aggressive posting occurred about 2 and a half months ago, at night at a location supposedly in a house in a wealthy neignbourhood along the western sea. It was a week ago when he had attended a talk before his change, which was about space travel.
May 8, 2019 9:04 am
"Alright! I'll get the van ready! Gorovon, shut down the computer come with us!"

Within a few minutes, the group have gathered into a van and is heading out from the isolated observatory. The sun have just peeked from the horizon as the vehicle left the Dusty ground and entered into the main road towards the city of Vas Conra.

"So guys, we will be your get away vehicle. If anything goes wrong, give us a call with this walkie talkie, and we'll come rescue you. Also we've got ourselves guns, but hopefully, we won't have to use them." Saromia says as Gorovon tosses a walkie talkie to the back.
May 8, 2019 12:30 pm
As he catches the walkie talkie, Itari tries and fails to imagine what could go so wrong the agents would have to come on guns blazing.

"We should be fine", he says
May 8, 2019 4:48 pm
"We appreciate the backup, but this is just a fact finding mission, I'm sure everything will be fine."
OOC:
famous last words there.
May 9, 2019 10:03 am
The van drives past other similarly styled vehicles and the looming shadows of the buildings downtown. It did not take long before the van turns into a parking lot and is fully parked.

"Here we are, the Vas Conra Theatre. We'll expect you to come back atleast half an hour after the speech ends. But you can also call us if you wish to leave the place by some other means so we'll not get too worried. Oh, and also it looks like the event will start in 15mins, just to let you know. " Saromia says as she checks her watch after unlocking the van doors.
May 9, 2019 2:51 pm
Itari will find a position near the back of the crowd, his hearing and vision being good enough to hear and see Dr Valik regardless. But he doesn't want to brush up with the crowd too much
May 10, 2019 2:32 am
Purra tamps down her Soul Wave so as not to draw attention to herself and leaves ITARI at the back of the crowd. The Princess wants to feel the "energy" of things among the people. Without looking like a wandering loon she tries to move through the crowd to get a good spot near the middle.
May 10, 2019 7:34 am
Purra can feel the anticipation of the audience, along with hints of defiant anger.

Soon the MC came on stage. "Thank you all for coming today! Now, we'll present the Great Preservator to speak with you all about social and mental issues! Give it up for Dr Valik!"

Once the MC left the stage and a green suited, balding senior gentleman enters from the left, the crowd goes wild with cheers and applause.

"It is great to see that more people are starting to believe in my cause. This plague of ill thoughts is worse than the virus that killed 300 million of us. This week, I'll discuss about the reasons for unnatural thinking, and the consequences if we leave them alone for the future of our generation." Dr Valik continues to speak into the microphone at the given podium.
May 12, 2019 1:30 pm
Dr Valik proceeds to passionately talk about how humans have been manipulated since early times to believe that they came from The Great Green Ocean, where a god supposedly shaped humanity from the foam and the sand. He says that there is growing evidence the people were originally from another planet as archaeology slowly reveals. This goes on for about 20 minutes before he continues on to explain what he calls "Sexual Deviancy" to be the result of society's standard falling as the people grief over their mortality.

Meanwhile, Purra is able to notice that a man in front of her is subtly shaking his head eveytime the speaker made another point. Due to stamping down her power, she can't definitely tell if the man disagrees with Dr Valik.
OOC:
BTW, if you wish to skip this to the end, let me know. If not, I'll keep this pace of posting.
May 12, 2019 5:08 pm
OOC:
You can probably skip it to the end, unless something happens where we need to make a decision, or react to
May 13, 2019 3:19 am
Purra sees the man shaking his head and makes a note of him. She starts looking around the rest of the crowd trying to gauge the effectiveness of the doctor's words on their demeanor.
OOC:
Not sure if you want an Empathy roll here to read the people or not.
May 14, 2019 3:47 pm
[ +- ]
May 15, 2019 3:33 am
[ +- ]
May 15, 2019 4:27 am
OOC:
[ +- ]
May 15, 2019 4:35 am
Doing her best to blend, Purra watches the crowd to see how may are actually going along with this madness and how many are still resisting.
OOC:
Spending a Fate Point and invoking Princess of Vapra IV, Diplomat of the UWP to reroll. Well...fate just doesn't want me to get this it seems...oh well.
Last edited May 15, 2019 4:37 am

Rolls

Reading the crowd with Psych (+1)

0 Positive, 1 Blank, 3 Negative - Total: -3

Re-roll of Psychology (+1)

0 Positive, 3 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: -1

May 15, 2019 5:43 am
As Princess Purra tries to study the audience, she realises that the person behind her is starting to glare at her as she checks the rear of the crowd. Purra manages to find out that at least 40% are supportive and 5% are against. The rest are hard to discern or are neutral. As she looks back to Dr Valik, she sees that he is now watching her as he monologues. "Now if you wish to ask me questions, please do so at the end of the talk..."
May 15, 2019 5:51 am
[ +- ]
May 15, 2019 4:13 pm
Finally, the lecture is closing to an end. The first question that comes up during QnA is about the posible solution to the problem of "ill thoughts", and Dr Valik answers that it requires a severe change in society, and that he can't answer yet. The second question is about whether Dr Valik have discussed his views with other professionals, and the he just gives a scowl at the questioner, who is being insulted and jeered at by the other audience members until he leaves the theatre. Once that is over, Dr Valik asks "Is there anyone else who wishes to question my knowledge?" He says as his eyes scan the room.
May 15, 2019 11:53 pm
OOC:
RoAries, if it's ok with you, I'd like to take the aspect "futuristic harlequin", then have you compel me to start trouble :)
May 16, 2019 2:03 am
Purra raises her hand and steps forward. "I have a question Doctor Valik. Or rather, I'd like to ask for a clarification. If humanity comes from the stars, as you suggest, and I rather think that is an interesting concept, but if we come from the stars...that means we are collectively a much older species than our history suggests. If that is true, how do we know we these deviant thoughts have not always been among us? How do we know that this deviance isn't simply a natural state, one that ebbs and flows through the population as time passes? If we once learned to fly among the stars, perhaps we could do so again? And wouldn't it be a better focus for our top minds than say, worrying about who loves who, or how we spend our free time?"
May 16, 2019 10:56 am
OOC:
naelick: OK, what does the "futuristic harlequin" means?
May 16, 2019 11:17 am
OOC:
Charming, funny, tricky. A harlequin is someone who isn't a fool but will happily play one to expose the real fools. I'd invoke it to get the upper hand in social situations, lie convincingly, or to playact a role, you'd compel it to get me to draw attention to myself when it'd be better to shut up.
May 17, 2019 5:50 am
OOC:
Would you like to act out your "acting a fool", or would it be better for me to do it? Also, I know I as the GM should be the one deciding this but this is like my first time, and since the 2 of you wish to do things that would conflict each other, is there a way you prefer for me to handle this?
May 17, 2019 5:43 pm
OOC:
I'd start acting it out, but yes, as yous said, foolsmask kind of beat me to the punch
May 19, 2019 5:50 am
OOC:
[ +- ]
Dr Valik raises his eyebrows at Purra's questions. "Yes, we came from the stars, but it is not yet proven that sexual deviance is natural. In fact, it have just came up often these days, as people are trying to, so called, "improve civil rights". I doubt its actually noble. And second, the government actually refused to give further funding for space exploration, what with the risks and unidentifiable benefits. And even if we have funding, I believe making sure civilisation doesn't collapse from hedonism and delusions is a much better path, in my opinion." The followers holding cardboards with slogans cheered on, and the person that is in front of Purra turns around and gives an apologetic look.
OOC:
naelick: you could now start trouble, and gain a fate point.
May 21, 2019 7:03 am
Dr. Valik! Itari shouts from the back of the crowd. He came to this thinking that he would be indifferent to the problems of this planet, but actually listening to the whole lecture has his teeth on edge... Metaphorically speaking of course, since he doesn't have teeth.

In 3032, you wrote that all people deserve recognition, dignity and respect. What happened to you?
May 21, 2019 5:11 pm
OOC:
I've decided you would roll for Rapport to oppose Dr Valik's active Will roll(+1) to see if he becomes affected.
May 21, 2019 5:23 pm
OOC:
Rolling rapport

Rolls

Rapport +2

1 Positive, 2 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: +0

May 22, 2019 7:00 am
OOC:
I'll roll too, will post what happens soon.

Rolls

Dr Valik's Will (+1)

2 Positive, 1 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: +1

May 22, 2019 9:15 am
You can see that the doctor's green eye glowed a small bit, and for a brief moment he had a look of confusion, before returning to his usual annoyed and smug look. "What happened? Well, I changed. I'm no longer the naive man I was, and finally saw the truth. The truth that humanity needs a redemption, and fast..."
May 23, 2019 7:41 am
Meanwhile, some members of the audience saw the unnatural glow, and 1 group of fans lowered their card boards in concern.
May 24, 2019 1:51 pm
OOC:
Hey, I'm still here. Working on how to respond. I don't think Itari is done clowning
May 24, 2019 8:50 pm
"As a man of science, what tests have you done to draining that these delusions are unnatural? Or are you just asserting that they are without evidence?"
OOC:
That's the best I've got...
Last edited May 24, 2019 8:50 pm
May 25, 2019 8:43 am
OOC:
Okay, do another rapport roll. I'll also consider that this becomes a conflict.
May 25, 2019 1:52 pm
OOC:
Rolling

Rolls

Rapport +2

1 Positive, 1 Blank, 2 Negative - Total: -1

May 25, 2019 3:21 pm
OOC:
Dr Valik's attempt to avoid mental stress:

Edit: I'll post what happens soon...

Rolls

Will(+1)

May 25, 2019 5:32 pm
Purra hopes Itari is proving enough of a distraction for now. She looks around, her expression showing confusion. "Did you see his eye? Is it artificial or something? What if he's some sort of degenerate in disguise?" she starts whispering to the people around her, trying to influence their reaction.
OOC:
A roll perhaps to influence the crowd? Rapport or Psychology?
May 26, 2019 6:54 am
Dr Valik changes his expression into a scowl again. "I don't need to answer to any of this insulting questions! Listen, all of my fans! Please help me show these supporters of degeneracy our wrath!" A number of his fans all turn around, looking for targets to fight. Meanwhile before this, Purra is trying to turn the audience against him...
OOC:
OK, you roll for psychology. I'll give passive opposition (+1)
May 26, 2019 6:56 am
OOC:
Zones of conflict: Stage, front area, back area. Dr Valik is on stage, there is now 1 group of angry fans at front area, another at back area. Purra is in front, Itari is at the back. There is exits at the back, and on stage.
May 26, 2019 2:39 pm
"We are dealing with a hypocrite. He changes his position on things to suit popular opinion in order to manipulate you all. He isn't sincere. He is playing you for fools!"

Rolls

Psychology +1

May 26, 2019 2:41 pm
OOC:
Can fill in an Aspect with Impassioned Speaker then spend a Fate Point to get a +2 to that result?
May 26, 2019 4:37 pm
OOC:
OK, I'll let that happen.
The nearby people hears this, and some become angered by this relevation. A few ex-fans begins to call Dr Valik a hypocrite, while others call him a filthy degenerate. This commotion have made the nearby mob of loyal fans lose some morale.
[ +- ]
This however, made the stoic followers eager to start violence...
May 26, 2019 5:35 pm
The Fan Mob in front begins to attack anyone who is jeering their idol. And a number in that mob sets their eyes on Purra. However, since now all hell have broken loose, the rest of the audience begins to flee the theatre hall for their safety. The Mob of 4 Fans will have difficulty in their attack.
[ +- ] info
[ +- ] situation info
OOC:
I was originally planning to give rolls disadvantage, but decided not to do that as it will make things too slow.

Rolls

Attacking Purra with Fight(+0)

0 Positive, 1 Blank, 3 Negative - Total: -3

Decided to add an additional disadvantage roll because they are not fully focused on Purra

4 Positive, 0 Blank, 0 Negative - Total: +4

May 26, 2019 5:54 pm
The Mob of 5 Fans in the rear also attempt to attack a couple of fleeing folks, making their way to Itari.
[Attack will have +0, as individual Fight is also +0]

Rolls

Unfocused disadvantaged attack on itari.

Disadvantage

May 26, 2019 6:15 pm
[Dr Valik: Aspects: Semi-Respected Scientist, Mysterious Eye. Skills: Medicinal(+2), Rapport(+1), Will(+1). 1 stress box.]
Dr Valik shouts into his mic. "You, at the back! Know that no matter what, people like me will always triumph!"

Rolls

Physchology attack(+0). Itari will defend with Physchology roll.

May 26, 2019 11:33 pm
OOC:
Rolling

Rolls

Defend with fight +0

2 Positive, 2 Blank, 0 Negative - Total: +2

Defend with psychology +4

May 27, 2019 5:03 am
OOC:
Itari passes both defense. Purra will also roll for Fight. And after that, each of you get to have a turn for action.
May 27, 2019 8:50 pm
Purra sees the mob turning on her and decides retreat is the best plan. She hates to bring this kind of party to ITARI, but they'll probably fare better together than apart.

Rolls

Fight +0

May 28, 2019 7:03 am
OOC:
Btw, I will consider that the third player will not be involved in the conflict/game, and will later decide how to explain it.
Jun 2, 2019 6:56 am
OOC:
Btw, do you guys still want to continue?
Jun 2, 2019 11:35 am
OOC:
We can act now? I was waiting to see the result of Pura's action
Jun 2, 2019 4:30 pm
OOC:
Oh, when I said to roll Fight, I mean as a defense reaction. She passed, despite the attack's +4, but I made it as "disadvantaged" so the lower result(-3) is taken.
Jun 2, 2019 4:37 pm
[ +- ] Another Situation Aspect
Jun 2, 2019 5:35 pm
Itari will try to push his way through to Purra as well. He's thinking the same thing - his body is disposable, and Pura will remember what happened here so the memory loss he'd endure by having to load a backup is reasonable. The important thing is that Pura gets out safe.

Rolls

Fight +0

2 Positive, 2 Blank, 0 Negative - Total: +2

Jun 3, 2019 3:40 am
Once the pair are back together, Purra makes for the exit with all haste. She has no intention of fighting right now if it can be avoided.
Jun 7, 2019 9:21 am
OOC:
Appologies for the long delay.

Shall I assume that Itari fights the Mob, or is he trying to just defend? And is he moving to the zone Purra was at, or just remaining at his same area? Also, Purra will roll Athletics. It will oppose (+4) if you wish to move through 2 zones with Fleeing Crowd.
Jun 14, 2019 4:19 pm
OOC:
I feel like we're getting more unmotivated to continue this, correct me if I'm wrong. I might decide to end this session, and either restart with a better idea of changes to make, or I'll just use another system to start another setting. Let me know what you think.
Jun 14, 2019 7:47 pm
OOC:
Not unmotivated, but foolsmask hasn't posted in a while in any of the games we're playing. Probably really busy with something
Jun 16, 2019 2:36 am
OOC:
Hmm, OK, but you haven't answered about what area you're going to. And whether you're fighting them or defending.
Jun 30, 2019 11:20 am
I'm thinking of either "restarting" this game, or simply closing it. "Restarting" will mean that those who wish to still play in the same setting will get to either continue with their present character or make a new one, and the others will be removed. When we do restart, I'll change the starting mission, and have the players do Phase Trio for character creation. Do let me know what you think.
Jun 30, 2019 7:25 pm
I'll keep playing with ITARI, if that's no issue
Jul 1, 2019 3:59 am
OK, I'll keep you and remove the others. They can come back in if they want.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.