Fate of the Universe

load previous
May 15, 2019 4:13 pm
Finally, the lecture is closing to an end. The first question that comes up during QnA is about the posible solution to the problem of "ill thoughts", and Dr Valik answers that it requires a severe change in society, and that he can't answer yet. The second question is about whether Dr Valik have discussed his views with other professionals, and the he just gives a scowl at the questioner, who is being insulted and jeered at by the other audience members until he leaves the theatre. Once that is over, Dr Valik asks "Is there anyone else who wishes to question my knowledge?" He says as his eyes scan the room.
May 15, 2019 11:53 pm
OOC:
RoAries, if it's ok with you, I'd like to take the aspect "futuristic harlequin", then have you compel me to start trouble :)
May 16, 2019 2:03 am
Purra raises her hand and steps forward. "I have a question Doctor Valik. Or rather, I'd like to ask for a clarification. If humanity comes from the stars, as you suggest, and I rather think that is an interesting concept, but if we come from the stars...that means we are collectively a much older species than our history suggests. If that is true, how do we know we these deviant thoughts have not always been among us? How do we know that this deviance isn't simply a natural state, one that ebbs and flows through the population as time passes? If we once learned to fly among the stars, perhaps we could do so again? And wouldn't it be a better focus for our top minds than say, worrying about who loves who, or how we spend our free time?"
May 16, 2019 10:56 am
OOC:
naelick: OK, what does the "futuristic harlequin" means?
May 16, 2019 11:17 am
OOC:
Charming, funny, tricky. A harlequin is someone who isn't a fool but will happily play one to expose the real fools. I'd invoke it to get the upper hand in social situations, lie convincingly, or to playact a role, you'd compel it to get me to draw attention to myself when it'd be better to shut up.
May 17, 2019 5:50 am
OOC:
Would you like to act out your "acting a fool", or would it be better for me to do it? Also, I know I as the GM should be the one deciding this but this is like my first time, and since the 2 of you wish to do things that would conflict each other, is there a way you prefer for me to handle this?
May 17, 2019 5:43 pm
OOC:
I'd start acting it out, but yes, as yous said, foolsmask kind of beat me to the punch
May 19, 2019 5:50 am
OOC:
[ +- ]
Dr Valik raises his eyebrows at Purra's questions. "Yes, we came from the stars, but it is not yet proven that sexual deviance is natural. In fact, it have just came up often these days, as people are trying to, so called, "improve civil rights". I doubt its actually noble. And second, the government actually refused to give further funding for space exploration, what with the risks and unidentifiable benefits. And even if we have funding, I believe making sure civilisation doesn't collapse from hedonism and delusions is a much better path, in my opinion." The followers holding cardboards with slogans cheered on, and the person that is in front of Purra turns around and gives an apologetic look.
OOC:
naelick: you could now start trouble, and gain a fate point.
May 21, 2019 7:03 am
Dr. Valik! Itari shouts from the back of the crowd. He came to this thinking that he would be indifferent to the problems of this planet, but actually listening to the whole lecture has his teeth on edge... Metaphorically speaking of course, since he doesn't have teeth.

In 3032, you wrote that all people deserve recognition, dignity and respect. What happened to you?
May 21, 2019 5:11 pm
OOC:
I've decided you would roll for Rapport to oppose Dr Valik's active Will roll(+1) to see if he becomes affected.
May 21, 2019 5:23 pm
OOC:
Rolling rapport

Rolls

Rapport +2

1 Positive, 2 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: +0

May 22, 2019 7:00 am
OOC:
I'll roll too, will post what happens soon.

Rolls

Dr Valik's Will (+1)

2 Positive, 1 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: +1

May 22, 2019 9:15 am
You can see that the doctor's green eye glowed a small bit, and for a brief moment he had a look of confusion, before returning to his usual annoyed and smug look. "What happened? Well, I changed. I'm no longer the naive man I was, and finally saw the truth. The truth that humanity needs a redemption, and fast..."
May 23, 2019 7:41 am
Meanwhile, some members of the audience saw the unnatural glow, and 1 group of fans lowered their card boards in concern.
May 24, 2019 1:51 pm
OOC:
Hey, I'm still here. Working on how to respond. I don't think Itari is done clowning
May 24, 2019 8:50 pm
"As a man of science, what tests have you done to draining that these delusions are unnatural? Or are you just asserting that they are without evidence?"
OOC:
That's the best I've got...
Last edited May 24, 2019 8:50 pm
May 25, 2019 8:43 am
OOC:
Okay, do another rapport roll. I'll also consider that this becomes a conflict.
May 25, 2019 1:52 pm
OOC:
Rolling

Rolls

Rapport +2

1 Positive, 1 Blank, 2 Negative - Total: -1

May 25, 2019 3:21 pm
OOC:
Dr Valik's attempt to avoid mental stress:

Edit: I'll post what happens soon...

Rolls

Will(+1)

2 Positive, 1 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: +1

May 25, 2019 5:32 pm
Purra hopes Itari is proving enough of a distraction for now. She looks around, her expression showing confusion. "Did you see his eye? Is it artificial or something? What if he's some sort of degenerate in disguise?" she starts whispering to the people around her, trying to influence their reaction.
OOC:
A roll perhaps to influence the crowd? Rapport or Psychology?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.