Chapter 3: Crow's Nest

load previous
May 15, 2019 5:58 pm
Ember grins at Elora.

See? Just a basement.

She checks out the one cabinet that hasn't been knocked down. Running her hand on it to see what it's made of, listening for mice, looking inside if she's able (and doesn't hear mice) that sort of thing.

Rolls

Perception +0 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

May 15, 2019 6:18 pm
The floor to ceiling cabinet is made of wood, the joinery clearly done by magic, as seamless as it is. But that's not unusual in your experience. On the inside, there are places for removable shelves, but they have all been taken out. There are a couple of broken bottles in the bottom, their contents leaving an unknown stain behind.
May 15, 2019 6:19 pm
Hey, Elora. You went to school. Do you recognize this stuff?
May 15, 2019 6:25 pm
Verrian and Froak

(posting on behalf of Krav with his permission)

Krav takes a few moments to speak quietly with Shiloh, in his calm, quiet voice. Shiloh's whiskers twitch and he nods his head in apparent comprehension.

Froak approaches, bows from the waist, and extends his spindly hands. "It would be a great honor to carry the hairy friend to the place where he will begin his newest great adventure."

Shiloh sniffs briefly at Froak's fingers, then skitters into the frogman's hands. Froak lets out a quiet, delighted croak at the feel of rat feet dancing across his skin, and lifts his hat for Shiloh to climb beneath. Their rodent spy situated, Froak hops toward the door to join Verrian on the way to the spying spots. "Would you like to spy together, or you go to one spot and me to another?"
May 15, 2019 6:46 pm
"If the spots allow us line of sight to each other, I think we should each take a different spot. That way, if one of us gets discovered, the other can see it but won't be caught at the same time."
May 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Ephwrath looks up at Viani, "Oh! Hello! Well, of course. Please... take a seat." He sets the box on the floor between them and opens it up. She can see that it is empty.

He gestures at the box, inviting her to put the letter inside. "I’ve noticed that you seem a bit uncomfortable around magic... yet I can clearly sense it’s power in you..." He smiles gently at her. "Would you like to learn how it works? It would be prudent to have someone else learn to use this in case... something happens to me. It’s really quite simple... and completely harmless."
May 15, 2019 7:42 pm
lavtodd says:
Hey, Elora. You went to school. Do you recognize this stuff?
Relieved there is nothing life threatening down here, Elora focuses her attention on the ruined supplies Ember has taken an interest in, humoring her despite thinking it won't be of much use.

"Well, I'm not quite sure. Still, it might be helpful."
OOC:
Any rolls we can do on the weird stains/bottles.
Nice more spells.
Last edited May 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Rolls

Secret Roll

Spell preparation DC 16 (Chill touch, Color Spray) - (1d20+8, 1d20+8)

1d20+8 : (11) + 8 = 19

1d20+8 : (20) + 8 = 28

May 15, 2019 7:46 pm
OOC:
Maybe Elora could add a perception check to see if she can beat Ember's?
May 15, 2019 7:51 pm
OOC:
Perception is always useful.
May 15, 2019 8:03 pm
Moonbeam says:
"If the spots allow us line of sight to each other, I think we should each take a different spot. That way, if one of us gets discovered, the other can see it but won't be caught at the same time."
Froak nods, bobbing his head up and down in the froggy fashion. "You go to your spot, and I will take the hairy friend," he says, patting his hat very gently, "and show him the gate to the jug-lovers' home. Then I will go to my spot and wave to you when I am there. We will want to be very sneaky-like, so that the watchers do not see us."

"Be careful, friend! I would hate for the jug-lovers to poke you with their sharps!"

With that, he hops silently away toward a safe place near the gates.
May 15, 2019 8:07 pm
"Sure, show me how it works. Although I won't let anything happen to you!" Viani smiles. She likes Ephwrath. He deminds her a little bit of her father sometimes, despite the beard. She places her letter, again enclosed in an envelope and formally addressed to her parents, into the box.
"I do have some magic but it's not that kind of magic. It's what some scholar call 'divine'. I don't think it actually comes from the Gods, though." She places a hand over the Occasa symbol she's wearing around her neck under her clothes. "But I think it's a more natural way of interacting with magical energies than what is generally called 'Arcane'. I still don't like relying on it unless I have to."
May 15, 2019 8:11 pm
Verrian waves slightly and watches him leave for a moment before setting out to her own spot, keeping an eye and ear out for any potential threats and moving as quietly as possible.
Last edited May 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Stealth check - (1d20+9)

(5) + 9 = 14

May 15, 2019 8:22 pm
As Verrian moves through an alleyway littered with abandoned crates and boxes, she goes to look around the corner and gives a box at the top of one of the stacks a bit too much of a nudge with her shoulder. She lets out an involuntary gasp, but manages to keep it from falling to the ground and completely giving away her position to anyone that might be listening carefully.

Waiting a moment to see if there are any repercussions, it seems that no one has heard, or at least, no one is coming to investigate.
OOC:
Edit: Adding Froak's stealth roll, just 'cause.

Rolls

Froggy stealth - (1d20+12)

(20) + 12 = 32

May 15, 2019 8:33 pm
OOC:
Rollin...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(6) = 6

May 15, 2019 8:37 pm
Elora looks over the cabinet, takes a look at the stain on the bottom. Looks like a cabinet with an unknown stain on the floor, all right.
May 15, 2019 8:39 pm
Ember touches it. She's actually a little disappointed it's just a basement.
Last edited May 15, 2019 8:40 pm
May 15, 2019 8:44 pm
78RPMLife says:
As Verrian moves through an alleyway littered with abandoned crates and boxes, she goes to look around the corner and gives a box at the top of one of the stacks a bit too much of a nudge with her shoulder. She lets out an involuntary gasp, but manages to keep it from falling to the ground and completely giving away her position to anyone that might be listening carefully.

Waiting a moment to see if there are any repercussions, it seems that no one has heard, or at least, no one is coming to investigate.
After she's certain no one is coming to check on her blunder, Verrian resumes moving, trying to be more mindful of her immediate surroundings. When she gets to the building outside of the walls that Froak had pointed out, she looks for the door he'd described as his entry into it. From there, he said there was a way to get to the rooftop.
May 15, 2019 8:47 pm
The stain is a little bit sticky, but other than that, there's not much unusual about it. The residue has a faintly sweet aroma to it, but it's not immediately recognizable.
May 15, 2019 8:52 pm
"I'm not sure you should tou- oh." Failing to recognize the weird substance, Elora looks a bit flabbergasted by Ember's investigation techniques, losing her train of thought. "Is that a good idea?"
May 15, 2019 8:53 pm
Elora, I worked in a tavern. I've touched grosser things cleaning up at the end of the night.

She wipes her hand off on the side of the cabinet and sighs.

I was hoping it'd be a bit more interesting. Why do you think they ruined everything except this one cabinet?
load next

Thread locked