OOC Discussion

load previous
Nov 17, 2015 7:40 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Invocations! Yassss! You got any tech-flavored homebrew invocations, PhantomNimbus? :-D
There is the one that came with the Modern Magic Unearthed Arcana. I just spun up another. Also tried to clarify the pact weapon feature a bit, it's pretty much the standard Pact Weapon ability that Warlocks have, but it works for guns now.

Honestly, if anyone in the party has any suggestions for additional invocations, or wizard spells, or whatever, let me know. I'll at least consider most things as long as they don't destroy game balance.
Nov 17, 2015 7:59 pm
Okay, not sure if you plan to do any gunslinging, but I think I just added two awesome invocations.
Nov 18, 2015 3:34 am
Got a power outage here at home, so will hold off on changes to my character sheet for Level 2 til tomorrow (minus hp which I've already done).
Nov 18, 2015 3:35 am
No problem.
Nov 18, 2015 3:39 am
Heads up. Once we decide to roll out of here, one way or another. I will start up the next chapter thread. Hoping to keep this forum relatively organized. Hopefully.
Nov 18, 2015 4:08 am
Jabes, you may want to check out the new added bonus invocation to the Warlock.

San Waterdeep - Warlock

Added the ability for the warlock to hit a wild magic surge, like a sorcerer, but it rolls off the 10000 surges list floating around online. :)
Nov 18, 2015 7:17 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Jabes, you may want to check out the new added bonus invocation to the Warlock.

San Waterdeep - Warlock

Added the ability for the warlock to hit a wild magic surge, like a sorcerer, but it rolls off the 10000 surges list floating around online. :)
Cool! I don't get a Pact til Level 3 though, and I haven't decided if I'm doing Blade or Tome. :-) Blade does seem fun though, since modern rules allow the pact weapon to be a firearm.
Nov 18, 2015 12:08 pm
I'll see if I can do up some Non-Pact invocations soon. Again, open to suggestions.
Nov 18, 2015 3:22 pm
No rush! :-) I can just take PHB ones for now. Or if you'll allow, I'll juat leave the 2nd Invocation slot empty for now (I've already filled one with Agonizing Blast)
Nov 18, 2015 5:53 pm
Think I may head abjuration -- feels like we have a lot of hitting power, and we could use some defense...
Nov 19, 2015 7:09 pm
Feel free to discuss more plans in or out of character during a brief intermission while I get the next chapter setup. It will be starting as you are leaving your safe house. I'll give you leeway to RP how you decided to go.
Nov 19, 2015 7:14 pm
Party: Breecha will bring all weapons for this trip. However, I'm assuming that the docks won't be a place for people to walk around armed to the teeth, so at most I'd probably bring the pistol and mace when we actually go outside of the van to meet Daemon. Breecha's shield shouldn't look out of place if it's strapped or otherwise attached to his back, but a double-barreled shotgun definitely will.

DM: Do we have ammunition to reload and more medkits to bring along, or is that what we're buying at the docks? Just making sure I update the character sheet accordingly.
Nov 19, 2015 7:53 pm
I know there are 8 more uses on he warforged repair kit so Kessel is bringing that. If Tymora's got any more of those &/or some stim packs lying around then it might be good to bring those too.

Like last time, we're still equipped with our standard communications, including a direct line to Tymora and Phantom.Nimbus (the A.I.) right?
Nov 19, 2015 8:01 pm
As far as the SMGs and Shotgun, you don't have extra ammo as you just picked those up. Your pistols I'm sure you got whatever a standard pack of ammo is to start. Reload number on weapons is how many shots you can fire before you need a reload.

You don't seem to have stimpacks, which is part of what you are going to pick up. More ammo would probably be good too. This Daemon guy is supposed to have a deal for you so prices may vary from the wiki tables.
Nov 19, 2015 8:02 pm
Tymora also has two healers kits and another repair kit. You can dole those out how you want. They are just for stabilization. You will also have the standard com devices you've had, and direct lines to either people/AIs.
Nov 19, 2015 8:05 pm
Breecha will forgo using the SMG. He's a STR-based fighter (for now) so dedicating two hands to it doesn't seem efficient. Might not hurt to bring it along anyway.

That said, what DOES seem efficient is the burst-fire mode. Seems it's easier to force the target to make a DEX save than it is to make an attack roll. Of course, we'd need ammo for it.
Nov 19, 2015 8:11 pm
Also if my counts are right you have about 18 SMG bullets total. And one shotgun shell.

Also the burst fire eats up 10 bullets from a clip. On the small SMGs that you picked up that's half of the clip.
Nov 19, 2015 8:30 pm
Kessel relies more on his spells but none of those have area of effect so yeah an SMG might make sense. He doesn't have proficiency with firearms though.
Nov 19, 2015 8:32 pm
Luckily burst fire has little to do with proficiency. It just is a Dex save for the enemies. The downside is if you had to regular fire it you can't aim to get your proficiency bonus on the attack roll.
Nov 19, 2015 8:35 pm
Just be aware. When you burst fire, ALL creatures in the radius need to save. Not just enemies.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.