OOC - Character Creation Thread

load previous
Nov 1, 2015 11:31 pm
DarthWash says:
I think I'll make a modified Zal... Make it a man named Kal with the same backstory and I'll build him as a ace hotshot.
Sounds good Darth - we definitely need at least one person with piloting skills.
Nov 2, 2015 4:01 am
Ok - we got our 5 players. We're full up.
Nov 2, 2015 11:59 am
Got a start on the character. Still have 10 XP to spend, and the obligations stuff to sort out, but it's a start! :)
Nov 2, 2015 3:17 pm
Ok i made a character however i am willing to play a premade guy. Then i dont have to worry about back story stuff. Where donyou find these sheets?
Nov 2, 2015 6:06 pm
Kjmagle says:
Ok i made a character however i am willing to play a premade guy. Then i dont have to worry about back story stuff. Where donyou find these sheets?
Up to you on whether you want to use your character or a pre-made. If there's a premade you like the sound of, let me know and I can past the remainder of the folio. A couple of 'em are PDFs you can grab from FFG, too.
Nov 2, 2015 7:55 pm
Well this is what i have right now. Would just need another obligation for some money to get some weapons.

Kjmagle character
Last edited November 2, 2015 7:56 pm
Nov 2, 2015 8:01 pm
I think you need to make the character public (you can do that from the screen that shows all of your characters).
Nov 2, 2015 9:06 pm
Yup, it works now!
Nov 2, 2015 9:41 pm
Kjmagle says:
Well this is what i have right now. Would just need another obligation for some money to get some weapons.

Kjmagle character
Isn't soak equal to Brawn? Wouldn't it be a soak of 4 + armor (for 6, maybe?)
Nov 2, 2015 9:45 pm
falryx says:
Kjmagle says:

Kjmagle character
Isn't soak equal to Brawn? Wouldn't it be a soak of 4 + armor (for 6, maybe?)
I am not for sure but if it is I will take that!
Nov 3, 2015 11:21 am
Am I understanding Obligation right that I can take a -10 penalty on Obligation for 10 XP (or 5 XP and some cash, or a big ol' pile of cash -- although I do plan on just taking the XP)?
Nov 3, 2015 12:36 pm
Candi says:
Am I understanding Obligation right that I can take a -10 penalty on Obligation for 10 XP (or 5 XP and some cash, or a big ol' pile of cash -- although I do plan on just taking the XP)?
Yeah i believe so i want to take a 2nd obligation for money so i can get some weapons.
Nov 3, 2015 5:57 pm
Yes -- although Obligation is officially an EOTE thing. In AOR the key item is Duty, rather than obligation. Not sure if it has the same duty-for-xp mechanic or not. My CRB is at home so I can double check in a couple days. Also note, Candi, as a mystic, your character's default mechanic is Morality (which you can use for XP too).

My thought is that FAD character careers will have Morality and Duty. EOTE character careers will have Obligation and Duty. Straight up AOR will just have Duty.

Kjmagle - one thing you'll want to do is have a reason/story behind why this hired gun is part of the Rebellion.

-t
Nov 3, 2015 6:00 pm
Question: Are FaD/EotE chars ok? Or should we stick to AoR?
Nov 3, 2015 6:07 pm
falryx says:

My thought is that FAD character careers will have Morality and Duty. EOTE character careers will have Obligation and Duty. Straight up AOR will just have Duty.
That sounds fair. The only game I've properly played of this system is EotE, I was in a FaD game here but it barely got started (and I was sad to see it fade out, because I think the system is very interesting. That is why I've continued to try and get into FFG SW games when they pop up).

If I can do something to gain bonus XP, I'm definitely doing it! I'm not too keen on having a blaster or weapon to start with, so the extra credits aren't interesting to me. More interesting is the possibility of squeezing Presence up to 4 (and +10 XP will get me there, with some other tweaks).
Nov 3, 2015 6:28 pm
Pretty sure Morality 50 = +10 XP.
Nov 3, 2015 6:28 pm
I'll double check tonight if you don't confirm before I get to my hotel. I do have the FAD CRB in my luggage. :)
Nov 3, 2015 7:12 pm
falryx says:

Kjmagle - one thing you'll want to do is have a reason/story behind why this hired gun is part of the Rebellion.

-t
How abt this?

Brosck’s life has been of one of servitude, all his life he has known to be a slave of the Hutts. He was trained a when he was young to fight and protect his master and he did so for a long time. He was a fierce fighter. Brave as they come. Never fearing what he would be battling, just doing what he trained for. He was very proud of his ability and boasted it about.

One of the other older and higher up guards [inset name here] started getting jealous to the attention Brosck was receiving and challenged him to a fight. Of course Brosck would not back down. In his mind he was the best. In the beginning they were both equally matched, in fact it seemed that Brosck may have the upper hand. Brosck proceed to taunt the other guard, and this was where his mistake was. The other guard was just toying with him. He started to fight with his full strength and ability, beating Brosck down. Brosck could not defend himself as he was being hit over and over again. Brosck had dropped to the floor and did not get back up. The other guard had won, however the guard was not satisfied. He continued to beat on Brosck as his fellow guards watched.. Brosck was lifeless after the beating. The last thing he heard before he lost conscience was "Pathetic".

The guards took Brosck’s lifeless body and dumped it in [insert area and planet here]. They left him there to die, and he would have if it wasn’t for [insert person here]. He/she found his body lifeless but still alive and quickly took him home. There Brosck was nursed back to health. When he gain awoke the person greeted him, but Brosck didn’t talk back. He was ashamed how he was beaten. The person continued to work and heal Brosck back to health. The person continued to talk to Brosck even though he would never talk back. This went on for weeks. The person always talked to him, let him know what was going on. Bringing him food, nursing the wounds, never asking much. One day the person was trying to once again to get Brosck to get up and rehab his wounds. Get him walking. Brosck was not budging from his spot.

"Look you need to get up! You need to get moving around to get your body stronger!" the person said.

"WHAT IS THE POINT!" Brosck yelled breaking his silence, "I WAS BEATEN. I AM NOT THE STRONG I AM WEAK!"

"Well you do speak. Look here. Just because you got beaten doesn’t mean you are weak. You are only weak if you do get back up when you have fallen. If everyone never tried getting back up we would have planets full of bodies lying on the ground. So you need to tell me are you going to rise up from your failure or just continue to sit there sulking as I continue to bug you every day to get up… because I will not stop trying every day."

With that Brosck glared at the person for a while… then she pushed his hands away from him. "I will do it myself" he muttered under his breath. He then proceeded to try to get up. After many tries he managed to stand.

The person and Brosck continued to rehab. They became friends. Talking about what is going on in the worlds. The empire. The injustice.

"You know I plan on joining the rebellion." The person said to Brosck.

Brosck just laughed. "What would you be able to do against something so big as the empire?"

"Anything. It doesn’t matter what I can do, it only matters that I do." The person pauses. "You know the rebellion could probably use someone like you also."

Again Brosck laughed. "Why would I want to fight the Empire?"

"Because…" The person paused for a bit, and then said "it was the fight your were destine to do. You will help many people and the name Brosck will travel throughout the Galaxy. Brosck the Mighty. Brosck the Warrior. Brosck the Liberator"

Brosck sat there, staring out into the sky for a long while thinking… quietly thinking…. Then he smiled.
Last edited November 5, 2015 1:09 am
Nov 4, 2015 4:08 pm
I like it!

So -- I think we have 2 characters nearly complete. That leaves 3 -- Darth, Keleth and SWRPGGM (hard to shorten that name!). Keleth noted he's working on a character and hopes to be done in the next day or so. Darth and SW?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.