OOC - Character Creation Thread

load previous
Nov 4, 2015 5:20 pm
Can I get a confirmation on class restrictions? I've been looking at the FaD classes/races as well as AoR classes/races, and trying to narrow down what I want.
Nov 4, 2015 5:22 pm
All AoR classes are open. EOTE and FAD classes are permissible with a sufficiently thought through story or (as in the case of a diplomat-mystic:advisor or soldier:hired gun) there's a good analog in another ruleset that will suit. My intent is to be flexible -- I may provide a nudge or two if it feels like we're missing an important skill set.

The thing to remember is that you folks will form a special ops team, so it should be suitable to that function/role.
Nov 4, 2015 6:35 pm
falryx says:
I like it!

So -- I think we have 2 characters nearly complete. That leaves 3 -- Darth, Keleth and SWRPGGM (hard to shorten that name!). Keleth noted he's working on a character and hopes to be done in the next day or so. Darth and SW?
I sent SWRPGGM a Skype message. I know he was working on it Monday and yesterday.
Nov 5, 2015 2:16 am
R2-G5 reporting fer duty
Nov 5, 2015 2:33 am
I'll should get mine done tomorrow. I'll at least have it close to finished by then
Nov 5, 2015 3:12 am
starwarsrpggm says:
R2-G5 reporting fer duty
Awesome! I'm excited to see an astromech in play.
Nov 5, 2015 10:01 am
A droid! Cool!

Also, in terms of party skills coverage, Kael is REALLY charming. 2 Charm, 4 Presence (so I roll 2 Green 2 Yellow on Charm) and from my race I get a Boost to Charm (so 2 Green, 2 Yellow, 1 Boost), and through a talent I remove 1 setback from Charm tests... Super Charming. Also pretty decent at Negotiation (3 Green, 1 Yellow), Perception (2 Green, 1 Yellow) and Deception (2 Green, 1 Yellow). He'll get better at all of those skills as he climbs the talent tree as well.

Which is all to say, Kael's got the 'positive social' angle covered... That said, he's rubbish in combat (no skill, 2 Agility, 2 Brawn). Maybe he can talk his way out of a fight ;)
Nov 5, 2015 6:27 pm
Kael sounds like "Face" from the A-team. :) I'm probably dating myself with this reference...
Nov 5, 2015 6:53 pm
falryx says:
Kael sounds like "Face" from the A-team. :) I'm probably dating myself with this reference...
No no Starbuck and Face are things we should know. As long as they are th 80s version.
Nov 6, 2015 1:03 am
Pocket change roll.

Rolls

1d100

(50) = 50

Nov 6, 2015 2:06 am
starwarsrpggm says:
R2-G5 reporting fer duty
don't forget to submit the character via the game panel:

http://gamersplane.com/games/141/
Nov 6, 2015 11:18 am
Rolling for motivations, because dice are fun (I have a character creation guide for EotE... some I'm using the EotE table).

Aaaand we got Ambition: Love -- how cute.

And I think I'm done (as I've just finished shopping -- Holdout Blaster, Long Range Comm Device, Heavy Clothing, Stimpack x2). I guess I need a Duty/ Obligation (I'm also happy to roll for that like I did the Motivation).
Last edited November 6, 2015 11:26 am

Rolls

First Table - (1d10)

(2) = 2

d% - (1d100)

(11) = 11

Pocket Money - (1d100)

(62) = 62

Nov 6, 2015 3:35 pm
If you want to roll for duty, it's d100.

Options are: combat victory, counter-intelligence, intelligence, internal security, personnel, political support, recruiting, resource acquisition, sabotage, space superiority, tech procurement, and support. If you want to pick one and know more, let me know.

Don't sweat obligation. At this point only and EOTE career needs it to tie into their character.
Nov 6, 2015 3:37 pm
Duty Roll!

Also, do I not also need Morality because I'm a FaD class?

Rolls

Duty - (1d100)

(32) = 32

Morality? - (1d100)

(92) = 92

Nov 6, 2015 5:47 pm
Yes -- need morality, but IIRC it doesn't have the same structure as Duty/Obligation. I'll take a more detailed look this afternoon. Will also report back on Duty. My guess is, based on the roll, intelligence.
Nov 6, 2015 5:52 pm
A love-stricken charmer seeking intelligence for the rebellion (with a presently ambiguous moral standing). Sounds great :)
Nov 6, 2015 7:09 pm
Candi says:
A droid! Cool!

Also, in terms of party skills coverage, Kael is REALLY charming. 2 Charm, 4 Presence (so I roll 2 Green 2 Yellow on Charm) and from my race I get a Boost to Charm (so 2 Green, 2 Yellow, 1 Boost), and through a talent I remove 1 setback from Charm tests... Super Charming. Also pretty decent at Negotiation (3 Green, 1 Yellow), Perception (2 Green, 1 Yellow) and Deception (2 Green, 1 Yellow). He'll get better at all of those skills as he climbs the talent tree as well.

Which is all to say, Kael's got the 'positive social' angle covered... That said, he's rubbish in combat (no skill, 2 Agility, 2 Brawn). Maybe he can talk his way out of a fight ;)
http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/3B4453CB-762B-4B00-A23A-52C09F2D86C7_zpstzrnomax.gif
Nov 7, 2015 1:19 am
Candi -- I wrote up a lot of stuff, but I got errors posting. End result, I lost my post. The net is (and I'll transcribe more detail):

Duty: Internal Security
Morality: Emotional Strength: Discipline, Emotional Weakness: Obstinance
Motivation (if you want AOR rather than EOTE): Belief: Honor

I'm in my car on mifi, so typing more is a pain in the behind. I'll get more detail up on each of these tonight.
Nov 7, 2015 2:59 am
Ok.. More detail.

Duty - 32. Internal Security: The most dangerous threat to the Alliance comes from within its own ranks. Any Rebel soldier, operative, or ally could be an insidious threat waiting to take an action at a critical moment to bring entire operations crashing down, costing lives and assets. Knowing that vigilance against these threats is the truest form of devotion to the cause of the alliance, the PC watches for any and all signs of betrayal.

Morality - 95. Discipline: Rigorous mental and physical discipline comes naturally to the character. He does not make choices rashly, and every action is precise and selected. Those who think they can goad the character into making foolish choices are sorely mistaken.

Morality - 95. Obstinance: Disciplined characters may fall into the trap of simple stubbornness if they are not careful. An obstinate character often refuses to consider any course of action other than the one he chooses, unwilling to accept that someone else may have conceived of a better option.

Motivation - 2 and 11. Belief: Honor: The Player Character has a code of honor by which he lives, derived either from personal ethics or the culture from which he hails. He sees the Empire as the antithesis of everything he stands for, and he will fight it to the end.
Nov 17, 2015 4:57 am
Ok, character submitted, hopefully it meets approval.

Moro, a Mon Calamari Scientist, specializing in physics and energy weapons, was a former captive of the Empire, forced to do weapons research. Freed on a Republic raid, he's dedicated to undoing the damage his work may have done.

I'll write up a longer history if this overview meets with your approval.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.