OOC - Character Creation Thread

Oct 31, 2015 3:06 am
Let's use this thread to discuss character creation, etc.
Oct 31, 2015 3:12 pm
I've posted the six folio backgrounds for the beginning characters in case anyone is interested in using one of them. Using these is completely optional. If you'd rather make you're own character that's absolutely fine. If anyone needs help making a character, this is the thread where we will do that together. :)
Oct 31, 2015 3:18 pm
BTW to summarize:

Arhkan - Bothan Commander
Cael - Human Soldier
Jin-Rio - Human Diplomat
Tendaar - Mon Calamari Engineer
Vendri - Duros Spy
Zal - Human Ace
Oct 31, 2015 9:00 pm
If I make a Bothan Spy... am I required to die every mission?
Nov 1, 2015 2:59 pm
Keleth says:
If I make a Bothan Spy... am I required to die every mission?
I dunno -- even though Scotty had a red shirt he managed to survive. :)
Nov 1, 2015 3:10 pm
I'm thinking of making an Engineer: Saboteur or a Diplomat (either Agitator or Ambassador).

Either way, I'm always tempted towards force sensitive characters that are not aware of their force sensitivity, and the Foresee powers looks particularly fun for this (a sort of 'intuition' about the future). If falryx is ok with dealing with Foresee that is (because scrying powers and spells are always extra trouble for a GM, so I'm always keen to ask permission first; and appreciate when my players do the same).
Nov 1, 2015 3:17 pm
I'm happy to work with an unaware Force Sensitive. Especially since I eventually plan on enabling this and the FaD campaign to come together -- could make a nice hook. Given how untrained a character would be -- it would be straightforward enough for me to manage Foresee, as well. :)
Nov 1, 2015 3:21 pm
Sweet! Well that much of my character is decided -- now the tough choices of species, and career. Are we restricted to just AoR species or can I look at EotE and FaD species as well?
Nov 1, 2015 3:27 pm
Any species you can find the stats on works for me. If you want to get the benefit of seemingly literally everything the Character Generator by OGGDude has everything you could possibly want in it.
Nov 1, 2015 4:33 pm
I'm actually thinking of making a Zeltron diplomat, but I'm not sure if Zeltron's are official statted anywhere (looks like none of the three core books have them, but there are some fanmade stat blocks for them out there). I found them in this

I found this portrait that I like (portraits inspire me usually); and I'm thinking of basing the character on Chianna from Farscape (social manipulation, a dash of selfishness and the unwanted ability to on occasion glimpse the future).
Nov 1, 2015 4:49 pm
That can work -- how would the Rebellion have come into play (the dash of selfishness could be contraindicated, depending..).
Nov 1, 2015 5:08 pm
Could be that he 'fell' into being a rebel. He was out in the 'verse, travelling, seeing worlds, experiencing things and being young and reckless... He had a vision of himself supporting the rebel cause, then the next day his smooth talking got him into a tight spot, squeezed between imperials and rebels. Recalling the vision, he supported the rebels and has since, partially guided by the occasional vision, continued to support the rebel cause.
Nov 1, 2015 5:10 pm
I'll try to look over characters options today, but I tend to either go for a supportish character, a long range combat char, or a sneaky char. I've played EotE, but none of the others, so I don't know how the Force works in this game, though I'd be intersted in exploring it. However, doesn't make sense to have multiple force sensitives, unless the campaign calls for it.
Nov 1, 2015 9:26 pm
I think I'll make a modified Zal... Make it a man named Kal with the same backstory and I'll build him as a ace hotshot.
Nov 1, 2015 9:57 pm
Keleth says:
I'll try to look over characters options today, but I tend to either go for a supportish character, a long range combat char, or a sneaky char. I've played EotE, but none of the others, so I don't know how the Force works in this game, though I'd be intersted in exploring it. However, doesn't make sense to have multiple force sensitives, unless the campaign calls for it.
It'll be fine -- it'll cost you some skills that may make parts of the adventure a little more challenging than you'd prefer -- but we have some flexibility that the starter folios don't have.

You could arguably go Sentinel: Artisan if you wanted to be a Force-sensitive mechanic. Though it'd be less about explosives and whatnot that the saboteur gets.

Similarly, Candi if you preferred you could build a Mystic: Advisor perhaps? They are close enough to the Diplomat in parts they could be interesting -- and the Presence stat is critical to the Mystic career path.
Nov 1, 2015 10:38 pm
I found these as well, they are very helpful for making characters efficiently: Talen Sheets Reference

Mystic is from FaD... do those careers come with a base Force Rating, or will I still need to grab a Universal career that has a force rating to get one?
Nov 1, 2015 10:47 pm
All FaD careers come with a Force rating of 1.
Nov 1, 2015 11:26 pm
Mystic: Advisor looks good to me. Makes things easier for sure (not having to dip into a Universal for Force Rating). I'll try and get a roughed up character sheet tomorrow.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.