Chapter 1: The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

load previous
Jun 25, 2019 3:31 pm
Eshe opens the door to a small bedroom. Unlike the barracks, this small room holds comfortable furnishings and appears to be well cared for.

A comfortable-looking bed in the northwest corner has a wooden locker at its foot.

A small wooden table stands against the east wall, with a padded leather chair beside it. On the table, a brass three-branch candlestick sits unlit, leaving the room in darkness. The candles, though not fresh, are far from spent.

Under the table is a small wooden box and an unlit bullseye lantern with a movable shutter over the lens.

On a shelf above the table sit three books. In the northeast corner is a closed wooden wardrobe.

Tightly bound to the chair is a man with a gag in his mouth to stop him from speaking.
OOC:
Chulainn, you're in!
Naatkinson sent a note to Endermun
Jun 25, 2019 3:51 pm
"Another bandit!" hisses Pong, brandishing his flail.
Jun 25, 2019 4:31 pm
Mhmhmhn bmnhm? Muffles the slight, bearded man bound to the chair. His face strikes you as vaguely familiar though you're all sure you've never met him. Dock worker you made eye contact with once or twice? Rowdy drunk making a fool of himself? Regardless, the man quickly becomes agitated at your accusations and tries to slip from his bonds.
Jun 25, 2019 7:21 pm
Eshe walks over to the man to remove the gag. "Speak up. I'm in a terrible mood so make it quick. Who are you?" The tribeswoman barks at the captive as she removes the gag.
Jun 25, 2019 7:48 pm
Is this some backwards interrogation tactic, you yellow pirate cow- the man seems to recognize Pong midway through his sentence. Wait. Aren't you that guy that saved the docks from burnin' down that one time? Curious, he slowly leans back in his chair to look outside the door, where some bandit body is visible. Hm.... I'm Chulainn.
Jun 25, 2019 7:52 pm
"Well yes, I am that guy." Pong lowers his flail, and his dopey smile is back. "Say, you look familiar." He notices the man eyeing the bandits. "Friends of yours, Chulainn?"
Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm
"What did you call me!?...." Eshe raises her greataxe menacingly. "Hahaha." She throws her head back and laughs, then continues to search the room - the wooden locker at the foot of the bed, the box under the table, then the wooden wardrobe. She looks back at the others and states coldly. "I'll let you all decide what to do with him....we need to get Terry out of here. I don't like this place."
Jun 25, 2019 8:14 pm
Why are you here?
Why are those murderers here?

Lucan smiles at Chulainn, but it's not his usual smile. There is no joy in his eyes... only something hard.
Chulainn, that's your name? Answer!
Jun 25, 2019 8:16 pm
Not even close. Almost coworkers but they ended up being scummy pirates. Chulainn listens as Eshe moves away from him and searches the room. So what? There's a possibility that I'm not getting untied from this chair?

OOC:
Sorry you ninja'd me.
Chulainn recoils at the intensity of Lucan's interrogatory technique, and, considering his situation, is very afraid. Woah, mate! Sure, I'll tell you. Um, I was fired from my last job and I was a little stripped for gold so I took a tip from a guy I met on the docks and he brought me here for a job. They turned out to be good-for-nothin' pirates and when I didn't want to be one too, they locked me in here. This here is their good-for-nothin' pirate hang-out. And yes, Chulainn is my name!
Last edited June 25, 2019 8:31 pm
Jun 25, 2019 8:27 pm
Why should we free you? Why are you here? Why are those murderers here?
I have never used a blade like this...
He swings the rapier about and letting it rest on Chulainn's chest.
Terry used it, I remember he told me that is was almost scary how easy the blade would slip into a man...
Jun 25, 2019 8:31 pm
Chulainn recoils at the intensity of Lucan's interrogatory technique, and, considering his situation, is very afraid. Woah, mate! Sure, I'll tell you. Um, I was fired from my last job and I was a little stripped for gold so I took a tip from a guy I met on the docks and he brought me here for a job. They turned out to be good-for-nothin' pirates and when I didn't want to be one too, they locked me in here. This here is their good-for-nothin' pirate hang-out. And yes, Chulainn is my name!
Jun 26, 2019 8:50 pm
hmf.... pirates... Lucan removes the rapier from Chulainn. Its almost like he is disappointed.
Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm
Chulainn looks to Pong and Margot with a wide-eyed expression. When Lucan's back is turned, he mouths the words "help me".
Jun 28, 2019 1:11 am
"Please forgive him," Margot says, letting her own rapier fall to the side. "Those a******s just killed his brother... Still doesn't feel like enough after giving them what they gave us."

She walks behind the still-bound Chulainn and slashes at the ropes with her rapier to free him. "You're free to join us or to get out of here. We were drawn here because of a drunkard's tale that we overheard while we were celebrating. Suppose you haven't seen or heard a ghost in here, or even a bit of treasure?"
Jun 28, 2019 2:01 am
Ah, thank you. Chulainn stands up, sheds his bonds, and picks up his daggers from the floor and puts them in his belt, giving them each a spin in his hand as he does so.

I've heard of a ghost around here but have yet to see it. As for treasure, I'm sure Sanbalet and his henchmen have scraped enough gold off of the innocent to warrant shuttin' them down all on it's own. He picks up a bow with a span taller than most men and draws it towards an empty corner of the room. Whether that's the case or not, I'm sticking with you all. Better chance of giving those scummy b*****ds justice. Now fully armed, he starts eyeing up the chests and containers dotting the room.
Jun 28, 2019 2:17 am
Eshe, listening to the conversation, grunts..."Pirates...I knew it. I hope they are ready..."
Jun 28, 2019 7:02 am
"What do you say we get Terry out of here first, then we can come back for this Sanbalet and his crew?"
Jun 28, 2019 7:35 am
Fine.
Lets get Terry out of here and then this place BURNS! With ghosts and pirates and disgusting bugs
OOC:

guys, feel free to talk Lucan out of his madness

The 5 stages of grief
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance
Last edited June 28, 2019 7:37 am
Jun 28, 2019 1:28 pm
How long will it take? I'm pretty sure Sanbalet won't sit tight after findin' his men dead. Chulainn goes over to the table and lights the candles on the table, finally lighting the room up. He then investigates the contents or the box under the table. And burning everything is an awful idea.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.