Chapter Two: The Hippocampus on the Cracked Lintel

load previous
Dec 7, 2015 5:11 pm
Yeenoghu... the Litany Against Evil mentions that name, Felor thinks, suddenly less sure of this creature's character. But, satisfied that Zangua and Shamush can handle the dog-man, Felor heads into the barn to bed down for the night.
Dec 7, 2015 10:55 pm
Seeing Felor walk back into the barn, Vad gives him a quick nod and falls right back to sleep.
Dec 8, 2015 6:49 pm
Zangua and anyone helping to re-secure Fox Face inside the barn, please give me an Athletics check.
Dec 8, 2015 6:57 pm
Zangua stifles a yawn as he works to move the gnoll into the barn.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Dec 8, 2015 7:34 pm
Here's my check:

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Dec 8, 2015 7:59 pm
Zangua and Shamush manage to relocate Fox Face without incident.

Just before dawn, Fox Face awakens the party with demands for food and drink, reeking of his own filth.
Dec 9, 2015 10:26 am
Still harbouring conflicted feelings about the dog-man, Felor nevertheless gives him some of the leftover scraps of food from the night before.

Can I assume we've had a Rest?
Dec 9, 2015 5:52 pm
You have Rested! What is the plan for today, party?
Dec 9, 2015 7:02 pm
I say we head to Bumblethumbs or whatever that town was where Zangua met the Six-Pointed Crown men. Once we get there, Felor and I approach the men with a report that Zora left Sthombo heading north (to get them off the trail) and do our best to finagle any information out of them we can. If we get actionable intelligence, follow that. If not, see what the Six-Pointed Crowns do. If they head north, let them go and keep searching along the Ophid. If they head elsewhere, follow them, as they may be going back to some sort of headquarters to report.

I'd like to meet the men, as my Persuasion/Deception/Insight may come in handy, maybe even Sleight of Hand? But if I think my Tiefling appearance would be too jarring to them, nevermind. Felor and Vad can go.
Last edited December 9, 2015 7:28 pm
Dec 10, 2015 10:56 am
The village was to the south right? Makes sense to go via there then as we're heading that way anyway. Are we doing anything with the gnoll?
Felor has rubbish Charisma - he is not the bluffing type! Leth might be more suited to that.
Last edited December 10, 2015 10:57 am
Dec 10, 2015 5:02 pm
The village "is about a day and a half's march to the southwest, near the main road from Hazard to Sthombo," to quote myself.
Dec 10, 2015 6:10 pm
I was thinking Leth would be able to provide good ranged support if things go pear-shaped, but yeah. Are my horns likely to be suspicious to these Six-Pointed Crownsmen, Octorok?
Last edited December 10, 2015 6:10 pm
Dec 10, 2015 6:16 pm
The average person in Bload does not react well to your visible demonic traits. However, the one thing you do know about the Six-Pronged Crown is that they are associated with witchcraft and infernal pacts. You could assume that while they might have a lower level of personal discomfort with you, they'd still take particular note of your heritage.
Dec 10, 2015 7:02 pm
For the party: Zangua would be up for releasing the gnoll.

He would also suggest that they travel to the village, where they would meet at the predetermined location and wait for contact. Suspecting that it could also be a trap, he would like backup nearby or at least an escape route ready for whomever does the talking.

If everything's on the up-and-up, the contact will likely lead us to a different location, as it is highly doubtful that the conversation would take place in the open. It might be better to have the party together at that point given that there would be strength in numbers, particularly if there's a chance we'd be separated and cut off.

Zangua does not see anything wrong with Mordred's suggestion of misdirecting the Six-Pointed Crown and trailing them. He would suggest an alternate plan B of playing along with the SPC to determine the nature of their involvement, then capturing or subduing at least one of them for interrogation.

This is all an advisory, of course. Zangua's acting on the available information and otherwise lack of apparent direction in what to do next. If we think that we'll have better success searching along the river for Zora herself, Zangua is more than happy to tag along for that.
Dec 10, 2015 10:33 pm
Vad is a pretty charismatic fellow, but a bit of a smart ass. Village will work for him. He's good with releasing the gnoll as well.
Dec 11, 2015 12:57 pm
OK, that's the plan then. Mordred and Vad (and Leth, if he wants) go to the meeting point, with the rest of the party observing from concealed positions, as much as possible. Felor and Leth could be very close by, as the SPC won't recognize them. Play along with the SPC to gain as much intel as possible while trying to throw them off the trail, and potentially capture one if feasible.

Mordred typically wears a broad hat and hooded cloak when he has to go about in public, so that should conceal him from any onlookers.

I'm fine with releasing the gnoll, but let's leave him loosely bound so that he can wriggle his way out with enough time, but it gives us a chance to get away without him following us.
Last edited December 11, 2015 12:57 pm
Dec 11, 2015 5:33 pm
So everybody's on board with releasing Fox Face? How is that going to be done?
Dec 11, 2015 7:26 pm
Zangua draws his club, standing in front of Fox Face. He allows someone else to loosen or free Fox Face's bonds, while he remains ready to intervene if the gnoll decides to give Zangua a reason to use his club.
Dec 11, 2015 7:33 pm
Felor kneels down to loosen Fox-Face's bonds.
"You'll do good to stay here until the sun reaches its peak before you leave. And don't follow us, it won't end well for you."
load next

Thread locked