Chapter Two: The Hippocampus on the Cracked Lintel

load previous
Feb 5, 2016 3:46 am
Zangua looks for an empty table for himself and Shamush. He flags down a barmaid and appraises her looks before ordering.
Feb 5, 2016 3:58 am
The barmaid Zangua flags down is short and plump, with frizzy brown hair and a tired but determined look in her eyes.
Feb 5, 2016 4:00 am
Zangua smiles. "What do you have for food and drink?" he asks.
Feb 5, 2016 4:16 am
"Beerpool ale, honey wine, strongwine, mushroom tea, milk...for dinner we're serving the house stew, black bread, crisp bread, cheese, fishcakes, honey cakes, berry pies...I think there's turkey left...what sounds good?"
Feb 5, 2016 4:34 am
"Honey wine, house stew with black bread, please," says Zangua. "How much?"
Feb 5, 2016 6:25 am
"Um...three silvers, one copper. Be right back with it."
Feb 5, 2016 6:46 am
OOC:
I'm honestly unsure what to do. Should we try to talk to him in private? Do we speak with him there at the table, but try to be vague? Do we just straight up say we're here looking for the girl that was trying to go to the badgerways a few days ago? Or do we not associate ourselves with Zora at all and just say we need to get to the badgerways for our own reasons? At this point, I really don't trust a single NPC we've encountered lol but we definitely need someone to at least point us in the right direction. How much do we want to reveal?
Feb 5, 2016 10:56 pm
OOC:
I was just going to have Vad ask him straight out if he knew where the girl who knocked him in the privates was heading.
Feb 6, 2016 12:24 am
While Zangua waits for the rest of the party to do their investigative thing over at the Koals' table, the barmaid comes back from the kitchen with a bowl of stew, a tall cup of wine, and a thick slice of black bread, and collects payment.

The stew is pretty good: rabbit, mushrooms, onions, turnips, and field greens in a golden brown broth.
Feb 6, 2016 12:31 am
Felor joins Zangua and Shamush for stew and ale, while keeping an eye on Vad's conversation with Koals.
OOC:
We've already been pretty much busted by Adan, who likely knows which way we headed out of Beerpool. I agree with Vad asking straight out if he knows anything more about Zora than we heard from the other barkeep.
Last edited February 6, 2016 12:31 am
Feb 6, 2016 12:35 am
So we have Zangua, Shamush, and Felor having dinner at a table while Mordred, Vad, and Leth talk to Harmon Koal et al.
Feb 6, 2016 2:29 am
Zangua pays the barmaid three silver and five copper. "Thank you," he says, with a smile.
Feb 6, 2016 2:41 am
"Ah, Mr. Koal, very nice to meet you, Sir." Vad starts in as friendly a manner as possible.

"As I said, my friends and I are looking for an acquaintance of ours and I've been told you may have recently been in contact with her." He leans in a bit and speaks in a softer tone while pointing to his head, "She's not quite right, if you know what I mean, and we fear for her safety."
Feb 6, 2016 6:48 am
"Ah-ha. I see," Harmon says with a slow nod. He exchanges a look with a mop-haired, similarly built young man to his left. "You mean the girl who passed through here a few days ago, hmm?" He glares at Mordred, frowns, and shakes his head. Harmon Koal is not a subtle man. "And why should I suppose you aren't the very men she was trying to flee from?"
Feb 6, 2016 3:45 pm
"I doubt very much that she even knows that we're looking for her." Vad responds honestly.

"From what I understand you and your acquaintances were merely trying to help her and for that you have our thanks. Our intentions are the same; we're trying to help our friend."
Feb 6, 2016 5:23 pm
"Ah-ha. And how do you know her, then? Why's she on the run?"
Feb 6, 2016 8:17 pm
"Her father..." Vad states flatly. "Her father saved me from a tough situation many years ago on the simple condition that I teach the young women a few tricks of my trade."

Producing a deck of cards from his pocket he puts on a little display of his one handed card shuffling ability as he continues his story "An odd request from a man who had put his neck on the line to offer his help to a stranger, but one that I could in no way turn down." Motioning towards Leth and Mordred he adds, "Each of us, in our own way, owe this young woman's father a great deal. Ensuring the safety of his daughter is the least that we can do."

Placing his cards back in his pocket, Vad stands tall, arms crossed in front of him. "Why she is on the run is not clear, and in truth, of little concern to us. We simply need to return her to where she belongs. Any information you may have on her whereabouts and state of mind would be greatly appreciated."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Feb 6, 2016 9:09 pm
Edited the above post to include the roll (can delete this one if you'd like).
Feb 7, 2016 2:17 am
Harmon sighs. "I hope you're telling the truth. A good man went after her. He's been gone five days now, and I fear the worst." He turns to the mop-haired young man. "Rolley. Take them back to the house. I'll meet with you there shortly."

Rolley quickly drinks up the last of his ale, then gets up to lead you back to the Koal family home.

Who is going to follow him back to the house? At this point, the Koals don't know Zangua, Shamush, and Felor are with you.
load next

Thread locked