Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
May 10, 2016 7:00 am
Mai'ngor nods to Xeliss in wordless thanks. He pushes himself off the wall and steadies himself, taking deep breaths. Praying to his ancestors for aid, the proud tikbalang digs deep and marshalls his strength.

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d10+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

May 10, 2016 1:20 pm
Gathering his wits at the sudden fissure, Soliin look at his recovering compatriots. "It might be in our best interest to move with greater haste. If this demon is going to tear up the underdark, I'd rather not be here. And who knows, maybe there's some righteous, selfless band of adventurers on the surface who want to handle this problem in our stead."

"I don't mean to rush you of course, rest, but... let's hurry anyway."
May 10, 2016 1:38 pm
As you take a moment to rest you hear voices coming from a nearby tunnel, but you can't understand what they're saying. The voices sound confused and scared.

Naatkinson sent a note to Moofsalot
After a short exchange you can hear the sound of heavy footfalls approaching.
May 10, 2016 1:38 pm
"Yes, it is best to keep moving." Mai'ngor says, shrugging off the rest of the pain.
May 10, 2016 3:04 pm
I motion for Jimjar to come with me and for the others to keep their distance as I head towards the voices. "Who's there?"
May 10, 2016 4:11 pm
Thankful for another distraction from her burns, Hunter remains seated and presses her back against the cavern wall. She wills a short 5-foot mound of earth to rise up next to her, building it from the ground around her with Mold Earth, and interposed between herself and the approaching footsteps. She beckons for Stool and anyone else to take cover behind her primitive barricade; not much cover, but hopefully it helps shield them from view.
May 10, 2016 4:51 pm
Jimjar walks with Xeliss to see what's going on. Around a bend a bit further ahead you see a small, bald head peek around. Seeing Xeliss and Jimjar approaching he steps around the corner and into full view. He approaches Xeliss and Jimjar and speaks rapidly in the language of the Deep Gnomes.

[Note to Xeliss]
May 10, 2016 5:02 pm
I head towards the gnome and continue.

Moofsalot sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Secret Roll

May 10, 2016 5:29 pm
[Note to Xeliss]
May 10, 2016 11:05 pm
Grabbing his pack from the ground Elfog gets to his feet when he hears the footsteps approaching. He grabs Tolvihar and readies for battle but quickly realizes that some of his companions may not be ready for a fight. With a heavy sigh he looks for place to crouch down and remain hidden.

Rolls

Dwarven Super Stealth - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

May 11, 2016 7:10 am
Despite his wounds Mai'ngor adopts a battle stance as he hears voices and approaching footsteps. He remains at the ready as Xeliss and Jimjar deal with what appears to be a lone gnome.
May 11, 2016 2:46 pm
My body language relaxes a bit.
Moofsalot sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited May 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Rolls

Secret Roll

May 11, 2016 2:51 pm
The gnome that Xeliss and Jimjar are speaking to seems relaxed and very willing to talk.

[Note to Xeliss]
After a few more moments of speaking, Jimjar motions for you to join them, "It seems Flarg here is on his way back to Blingdenstone and would be happy to help us make our way there."
May 11, 2016 3:59 pm
Hunter rises gingerly from her makeshift hiding spot, testing out her freshly-burned and freshly-healed legs now that the threat has seemingly passed. "Happy to have some good news, finally," she mumbles, to herself.
May 11, 2016 4:54 pm
Mai'ngor relaxes his stance - as much as an always-battle-ready warrior can relax.
May 11, 2016 10:20 pm
Shaking his head with shame as he comes out from hiding Elfog mumbles to himself sarcasticaly "I be hiding from a gnome. Certainly the pride and joy of clan Oakshoulder I am."
May 11, 2016 11:14 pm
Hunter leans on her staff, and smiles tiredly. "I see no cowardice before me, sir dwarf," she says in Common, before switching to her broken Dwarvish, "Do not mistaken caution for scare."
May 11, 2016 11:22 pm
"Aye. Besides, the gnome looked a lot bigger when I couldn't see 'im!" Elfog responds in Dwarvish as he manages a bit of a chuckle at his lame joke.
May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
The next several days are the best you've had yet since your escape from your slavers. Flarg, the gnome who spoke to Xeliss and Jimjar, and his companions are friendly and welcoming to all but Sarith, whom they regard with a lot of suspicion. After a few days even that suspicion fades and Sarith shows himself to be an able scout and guide, steering you away from any danger in your path.

Four days later you end up in a small Svirfneblin farming village. The gnomes there look upon you with suspicion, but allow you to roam freely and feed you well at Flarg's request. You leave early the next morning and by midafternoon you come across a couple of gnomish guards, both armed with pickaxes. They call out a greeting to Flarg and his companions in the language of the deep gnomes, which most of you can't understand. Jimjar provides a helpful translation for you.

"Hail and well met Flarg! Who are your new companions?" one of the guards calls out to Flarg.

"Just some folks who were lost in the wilds and were headed to us for help. Seems that they just escaped a drow slaver's camp," Flarg says in response.

The gnome's expression darkens, "Damned drow... Should take them straightaway to Dorbo. He'll be interested in their tale, I'm sure." He looks over and notices Sarith for the first time and his grip tightens on his pickaxe, "What in the nine hells is he doing here!?

Sarith sees that he has been spotted and raises his hands in a gesture of surrender, showing that he is not dangerous. Flarg waves a hand dismissively, "Bah, this one's not so bad. Been a damn good scout on our way back too, but we'll let Dorbo see what he wants to do with him."

Sarith leans over to Elfog, who is standing by him at the moment, and whispers, "I think this may not go so well for me; it was my people who destroyed their city many years ago...

The guard bids farewell to Flarg and you head on your way. Flarg indicates that it will be just a few more hours until you reach the main gate to Blingdenstone.
May 12, 2016 5:17 pm
"Sarith, I may not fully trust you just yet," begins Hunter, "but you've not crossed us in the time we've been lost in these caverns. Based on your actions thus far, I would vouch for you." The sorcerer doesn't look at the drow as she talks, focused primarily on the journey to the gnome city.
OOC:
Can I safely assume I've recovered all my hit points?
load next

Thread locked