Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
May 3, 2016 4:29 pm
Hunter stares at Sarith for a moment, studying the drow for clues that he might know more than he's letting on.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

May 3, 2016 4:50 pm
It appears that Sarith is being totally honest.
May 3, 2016 5:19 pm
"Yes," says Hunter, after a while. She sits and rubs her shins. "We saw what happened back at the kuo-toa city; I wouldn't be surprised if these caverns are crawling with fiends."
May 3, 2016 10:15 pm
"Aye. A rest would do me good." Elfog acknowledges and finds himself a rock to sit on.

"So, Drow. How about answering Mai'ngor's question."
May 3, 2016 10:42 pm
"Can't you feel it?" he asks, and suddenly you CAN feel it. Something is wrong all around you. Not just the monsters and horrors of the underdark, but something more sinister still.

It feels like the fabric of the material plane is coming undone.

"I see you do feel it now, he continues, "There's something strange happening in the world. Something big enough to allow a Demon Lord through to our plane. I expect a lot of odd things to happen."
May 3, 2016 11:12 pm
"Were the kuo-toa responsible for this? Or did the demon prince take advantage of the opportunity?" wonders Hunter. "That priestess and her followers seemed pretty established, which means his influence had taken root for some time."
May 3, 2016 11:19 pm
"What if there isn't a safe place to rest? What are we supposed to do now?
May 3, 2016 11:57 pm
"We rest!" Elfog says as he throws his legs out in front of him from his rock-seat. "Ain't no use pushing on in this state. Likely to make a mistake that'll get us killed."

He unhooks his pack and lets it thud to the ground. "Couple hours, then we can move..."
May 5, 2016 1:56 pm
You all get a little bit more rest before heading on your way. During this time everyone is uncharacteristically quiet.

The next day, as you are walking the tunnels there is a tremor in the earth and a fissure opens up behind the party. You all nearly lose your feet as the ground rolls. Suddenly a flow of lava pours out of the fissure, threatening to engulf the backmost members of the party (Mai'ngor, Hunter, Stool and Jimjar)
OOC:
Mai'ngor and Hunter, roll a Dex save!
Hunter, if you want to, you can roll at disadvantage to pull Stool out of the way with you
May 5, 2016 2:09 pm
Caught completely off-guard, Mai'ngor tries to dance out of the way of the lava.
Last edited May 5, 2016 2:10 pm

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

DEX save re-roll (Inspiration) - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

May 5, 2016 4:06 pm
Hunter's arm tenses as she reflexively yanks Stool's arm away from the perceived danger, before her legs get the message to leap to safety.
OOC:
Using Tides of Chaos to negate disadvantage!

Rolls

Dexterity! - (1d20)

(7) = 7

May 5, 2016 4:22 pm
OOC:
Got any inspiration to spend to re-roll?
May 5, 2016 4:36 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Got any inspiration to spend to re-roll?
OOC:
Ok, I'm taking the hint. Spending 1 Inspiration...You gotta be kidding me!
May 5, 2016 4:44 pm
OOC:
Hunter will also use Inspiration if she can!

Rolls

Dexterity! Inspired! - (1d20)

(6) = 6

May 5, 2016 5:05 pm
Jimjar, thinking quickly, leaps forward out of the way, grabbing Stool as he does so, shoving him out of the path of the lava.

Hunter and Mai'ngor are stunned by the sudden influx of hot magma and don't dive out of the way quickly enough. They both suffer severe burns (24 damage).
OOC:
Good thing at least I can roll well
May 5, 2016 5:20 pm
Hunter pulls herself away as best she can, focusing her mind on her arcane powers rather than the panicked pain she is experiencing. She pushes the air above the lava, using Mold Earth to channel it away so it doesn't inflict more damage. The sorcerer collapses to the ground, barely alive with a hoarse voice, "... kinda hot..."
OOC:
HP 2/26
Last edited May 5, 2016 6:14 pm
May 5, 2016 5:31 pm
Mai'ngor leans against a wall, shuddering with the pain of his burns.
OOC:
13/37 hp
May 5, 2016 8:59 pm
Jimjar rushes back to his companions once the lava flow subsides, "Are you alright? You don't look so good," he says, then turns back to Xeliss, "Got any more of that healing magic?"

Stool moves to stand at Hunter's side and you can all feel his worry for her.

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
May 10, 2016 1:31 am
I focus my attention on Hunter, and healing energy coalesces around the worst of her burns. Then I turn to Mai'ngor and do the same."That's going to sting for a while."
Last edited May 10, 2016 1:33 am

Rolls

Healing Word- level 2 - (2d4+3)

(23) + 3 = 8

Healing Word- level 2 - (2d4+3)

(14) + 3 = 8

May 10, 2016 6:21 am
Hunter weakly expresses her thanks to Xeliss, mentally focusing her thoughts away from the pain and using Prestidigitation to blow cooling puffs of air across her body.
load next

Thread locked