Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Dec 4, 2015 2:07 am
Hunter attempts to figure out how the controls work.

OOC: What's the lift made of? Does it look sturdy enough to overload it with more people?
Last edited December 4, 2015 2:07 am

Rolls

Insight/Investigation (same bonus) - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Dec 4, 2015 2:28 am
It's a simple two person crank system to lower and raise the lift.
Dec 5, 2015 2:39 am
Elfog positions himself to help work the crank. "Let's get this contraption moving!"
Dec 5, 2015 6:22 am
With Hunter, Stool, and now Elfog aboard there is only room for one more. Mai'ngor pushes Shuushar forward. "You go. Send it back up to us." The tikbalang then turns to Soliin, Xeliss, and the rest, "Now, how best to defend this position?"
Last edited December 7, 2015 7:20 am
Dec 6, 2015 5:13 pm
Sarith slips onto the lift, leaving it crowded and looks to Elfog, "Let's get this thing down!"
Dec 6, 2015 5:15 pm
Jimjar looks at his blade and back to the wererats in doubt. He shakes his head and shrugs, "Let's hit them before they recover from the transformation!"
Dec 7, 2015 2:13 pm
Mai'ngor glares at Sarith as he crams into the lift with everyone, but makes nothing more of it. He's confident Elfog and Hunter can handle the drow if he makes trouble. The tikbalang turns to Jimjar. "You're right, but I wonder if we can make them cause trouble for our captors instead of for us? In any case we need to find some cover. We're too exposed here!"
Dec 7, 2015 8:41 pm
Hunter will carry Stool to make legroom, but it means her hands are occupied.
Dec 7, 2015 11:00 pm
Sarith and Elfog begin to operate the crank, lowering the basket down slowly. Mai'ngor, Xeliss, Soliin, Eldeth, and Jimjar are left up top to confront the wererats. What do you want to do, people still in the outpost?

It will take 4 rounds to take it down and then 4 more to bring it back up
Dec 8, 2015 12:35 am
Soliin skulks into the background, hiding nearby to jump onto one of the ropes and climb down if necessary.

Rolls

Hide - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

Dec 8, 2015 3:24 pm
"Lead them away then?" I give Mai'ngor a quick nod, then quickly shift into the form of a wolf. At the first opportunity, I will lunge towards the wererats.
Dec 8, 2015 4:50 pm
Xeliss, now in wolf form, rushes right between the wererats, knocking them off balance. They are quick to follow though as she rushes into the chapel. She spots the spider that Soliin warned them about, Perfect! she thinks as she spins around to dart back out the door just to see that Topsy and Turvy are blocking her way. She slows just enough to allow the spider to almost close the gap before putting on a burst of speed and jumping over the wererats. You can hear the spider crash into them and then screeching and screaming as it starts biting them.
Dec 8, 2015 10:40 pm
"Couldn't have made this durn thing slower if they tried."

"Going to take more than a few trips to get 'em all down." Eflog says to Sarith as the pair work the crank on the lift. "Once we're stopped you two should be looking for hiding spots while me and the Drow here go on back up."
Dec 9, 2015 2:29 pm
Sarith glares at Elfog but, surprisingly, agrees to help you with transporting everyone. You quickly reach the bottom of the cavern, where Shuushar leads Hunter and Stool over to a good hiding place between a couple of stalagmites, "I'll keep an eye out for danger here," he says to Elfog and Sarith before nodding. The lift is on its way back up.
Dec 9, 2015 5:12 pm
Hunter scans the area, not only looking for danger, but also for possible ways out of the cavern.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Dec 9, 2015 5:23 pm
Soliin looks around for any gates he can tamper with, possible lose rocks, etc. He also listens closely for any approaching danger.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Dec 9, 2015 5:31 pm
Mai'ngor nods appreciatavely at Xeliss' work. He can hear the wererats screaming as they battle something. The tikbalang guesses it's one of the giant spiders. He hears the lift coming back up. No treachery...yet. He remains prepared to defend their position. He looks over at Eldeth to make sure the dwarf is also ready to stand her ground.
Dec 9, 2015 9:19 pm
It takes a couple more trips, during which the atmosphere at the top of the outpost is very tense, teetering on the edge of disaster, but you all finally reach the floor of the cavern. The chaos in the outpost is finally starting to die down as the drow have repelled the demonic attack.

You all stand at the bottom, not sure where any of the multitude of paths may lead. The various members of your party begin to speak up with suggestions:

"We could head to Blingdenstone," Jimjar says, pointing to the north, "My people would be happy to assist with getting you all back to the surface."

"I'd just like to go home to Neverlight Grove but I don't know the way," Stool sends a communication into your minds, you can hear the homesickness in his voice.

"I know the way... and I could take you there, the Myconids are usually friendly enough to visitors," Sarith speaks up, enexpectedly in favor of helping Stool.

"If we can get to the Darklake I could get us to Sloobludop, my people's home, it's not too far from here," Shuushar chimes in.

I will need a few things from you as a party:
A single-file marching order
A marching order for moving two abreast
Will you be using a light source? If so, what will it be?
What kind of pace will you be making?
http://s12.postimg.org/3q0t5e0ot/Capture.png
Dec 9, 2015 9:44 pm
"I don't care who's home we go to, so long as it leads back to the surface in the end. I do wonder Jimjar, given your propensity for coin, will your people help us at your behest? Any in our party they may not take a liking to? I likewise am unsure if the Neverlight Grove would be friendly... or help us get out of this light forsaken place." Soliin looks around, as if that reminds him. "It will be dark from here. Does anyone have a spell for light? Any of you more familiar with the underground know what we could use to brighten up the gloom? Similarly," he notes, looking down at his stomach, "There is the question of food. Normally I wouldn't mind scouting, but in the dark, I'm not very useful. If someone takes the lead, I'll be glad to stand just behind."

Soliin is suggesting a normal pace, third in single file order, second in a 2x order.
Dec 9, 2015 10:23 pm
"Which direction is Neverlight Grove?" asks Hunter. "Does it travel near any of these other places? I'm for taking Stool back to his home."

She glances up, expecting either drow or more demons to cascade upon them. "I can see fine in the dark, but I am very limited without something arcane to focus on."

Hunter will agree to a normal pace, and would stand towards the back of both single-file (5th or 6th position) or two abreast order (4th or 5th position). She keeps Stool with her.
Last edited December 9, 2015 10:23 pm
load next

Thread locked