Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Dec 9, 2015 10:29 pm
Sarith shrugs, "I need no light, but there are quite a few chambers that are lit by moss and fungi as well as the Faezress. Neverlight Grove is actually just on the other side of the Darklake. Here, take this," he pulls out a component pouch and tosses it to Hunter, "Will probably do more good for you than I."
Dec 9, 2015 11:09 pm
"I'm all fer going takin' the mushroom home first. Don't think a round about trip would be doin' him much good."

He looks over the towards the surprising helpful Sarith "Whadya say, Drow? Me and you up front? You can lead the way and I can keep me eye on ya!"
Dec 10, 2015 2:01 am
Hunter accepts the component pouch gratefully, but her eyes narrow. "How did you manage to save this?" she asks, kneading the pouch to get a feel for its contents. "They stripped everything useful off of me before they threw me in that cell."
Dec 10, 2015 2:06 am
I narrow my eyes at Sarith but say nothing.

I stick to the front of the pack as much as possible.
Last edited December 10, 2015 2:41 am

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Dec 10, 2015 2:25 am
Mai'ngor is just about to volunteer to take point but Elfog beats him to it. The tikbalang nods his approval - the drow should be up front to guide them, with the dwarven warrior to keep him in check. "Then I will take rear guard. I can swiftly come to your aid if there should be trouble up front. Yes, I agree, Neverlight Grove since our drow friend has so kindly volunteered." From the first momenthe laid eyes on Sarith, Mai'ngor has constantly expected treachery from the dark elf. These sudden kindnesses have not changed the tikbalang's mind.

OOC: Normal pace, taking rear guard.
Last edited December 10, 2015 2:28 am

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Dec 10, 2015 12:25 pm
"Well, I'm not about to go trouncing in the Underdark on my own. Neverlight it is. I still worry about the lack of light in some chambers... I'll be useless. Surely we can make a torch of something? Perhaps even collect some of this moss on a stick?"

Would the lift happen to be made of wood?
Dec 10, 2015 3:25 pm
Sarith raises an eyebrow at Hunter before responding, "Just be grateful I managed to grab that on our way out, or you would be worst than helpless out here."
Dec 10, 2015 4:05 pm
Hunter considers Sarith's words. "I see," she says, admitting the possibility. "I apologize, drow." She falls into place in the marching order.
Dec 10, 2015 5:18 pm
As the rest of the party argues, Soliin dashes back to the lift. First, he tries to slice through the rope connecting it up, and then inspects what the lift is made of. Looking it over, he thinks it could burn, so he cuts away a few logs to use as future torches or kindling. "Anyone else who can't see in the dark want to help me carry some of this stuff?"
Dec 10, 2015 5:23 pm
Mai'ngor moves to assist Soliin. "I can see in the dark, but I can help you carry these." He urges the group to get moving, "Let us be off! We must keep moving!"
Dec 14, 2015 2:21 pm
The first day of your travel is slow and tense, but otherwise calm. The second morning, if you can call it that, goes smoothly until a burst of steam erupts from the ground underneath Mai'ngor. Only years of training and perfectly honed reflexes save him from severe burns as he dives out of the way. As he dives aside you can hear the sound of footsteps approaching from around a corner up ahead. You all hear a slight click and a thud up ahead, and as you round the corner you can see Sarith standing over the body of a very well-dressed Derro.

"He came running when he heard whatever that was, so I knocked him out," Sarith announces, holding up a hand crossbow. He then bends down and ties his hands behind his back. "Be careful, Derro are usually less than sane..."

I will also need a watch order for camp
Dec 14, 2015 3:40 pm
Hunter will spend some time and search the unconscious Derro. She not only attempts to disarm the creature, but also determine the occupation (ie if there are spell components or other clues in his inventory).

For camp, Hunter will offer to take the first watch, reasoning that she needs time to meditate and mentally replenish her energy.
Last edited December 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Dec 14, 2015 3:56 pm
Hunter is able to find a component pouch, a couple of gaudy rings, and several pieces of parchment with words that you can't read. You also find several days worth of rations in his pack.
Dec 14, 2015 4:36 pm
Hunter will split the rations evenly amongst the party, and offers the component pouch to whomever needs one. She'll save the parchment for later, and spend some time studying the rings to see if they're magical in any way.
Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm
Soliin goes over to where the steam erupted to check if it was natural or a trap. "Are steam eruptions common down here?"

As I imagine we'd end up doing two per shifts for the watch, I'll join for the first one.
Dec 14, 2015 10:39 pm
Elfog approaches Hunter, "Wake me after yer watch so that I can take over for ya.". Leaning in a bit he whispers in dwarvish, "and keep an eye on the Drow".
Dec 15, 2015 1:51 am
I drop my wolf form and take the component pouch from Hunter. "Thank you, this will be very helpful." As I take it from her, I look greedily at the gaudy rings. Do I recognize what type of metals they are composed of? Surely if they contain gems I'd be able to know them by sight. If they appear to be mundane (I've seen many a gem in my day. The typical sparkly will not attract my attention) or of poor make upon first glance, I immediately lose interest. However, if not I will perk up and offer my assistance in estimating their worth.

I take the second watch, ready to shift into my wolf form at the first sight of any unknown creatures approaching.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Dec 15, 2015 4:20 pm
Xeliss is unable to determine if there's anything special about these rings besides that one has a symbol of a candle on it. The gems in them all appear to be polished stone.

A short time later the Derro wakes up and takes a look around, "Wha? What's going on here?" he begins to tug at the ropes binding him, "I must insist that you release me at once! I am Y, a valuable member of the Society of Brilliance and you have made a grievous mistake in tying me up I must say!"
Dec 15, 2015 4:29 pm
Hunter inspects the gaudy rings, calling upon her lessons and history. A part of her believes these to be nothing more than costume jewelry.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Dec 15, 2015 9:46 pm
"What do we need this one for?" Mai'nor asks, indicating the derro. "We need no captives. We only slow ourselves down as we add to our number." It's obvious the tikbalang is anxious to continue travelling and trying his best to keep his impatience in check. "You speak of watch shifts. Do we intend to set up camp right here, right now?"
load next

Thread locked