Absences

load previous
Oct 7, 2018 6:34 am
We're pulling for you!
Oct 7, 2018 7:17 am
Thank you! My family is quite convinced that I have no choice in the matter, and that the only way to proceed is the way my dad wants. I'm even starting to believe it myself, but I'm not giving up hope in the unholy power of a fundraiser campaign. If I have to go against my will, I'll at least be going with a little "house-warmer."

Those of you who are the praying sort, of any or no religions, please send good things my way. It's just Day 2 of my long wait for the inevitable, and I can feel my health getting worse.
Oct 7, 2018 8:15 am
Well that sucks.

I don't know every detail of your situation, and I don't want to pry, but having went through some rough patches myself, perhaps I can offer some pearls of wisdom.

1) Assuming you are not already on it (I do not know how you pay for your stuff), try to see if you can get on welfare or some other financial aid you can qualify for. There are plenty of obscure programs that very few people are aware of. It helps to dig a bit.

2) Look for roommates to help you rent a place. Put an add somewhere if you have to. Students looking for a place of their own can be good candidates so putting wanted adds in colleges, universities, and places students frequent will help.

3) Finding an apartment might no happen right away, so see if you don't have a friend(s) on who's couch you can crash for a couple of weeks.

4) Check out if you don't qualify for some sort of food bank or food stamps (or whatever equivalency your country might have). Free/cheap food should help you put something in your belly at the very least.

5) If things go bad, but you can still afford it, try getting a gym membership. Now this sounds weird, but at least you'll have access to a locker to store some stuff, showers to wash yourself, and bathrooms for when nature calls.

6) You really need to take care of your health. I'm not sure what helps you calm down, but you really need to stop worrying about your situation, it will really not help you. As some piece of wisdom once said "Can you do anything about your problem? If not, then it will do you no good to obsess about it. And if yes, then you need not worry about it.". Basically relax. A clear head will help you think of a solution, worrying will only make things worse...

This might not sound like much, but I hope this still helps you pull through.
Oct 7, 2018 3:46 pm
Responses to your advice

1) My parents (who I have realized I have not choice but to take up on their offer) are going to help me with vocational services when I move up to be on their property. I will also be looking into food stamps.

2) That's definitely something I'm going to pursue down the road.

3) Friends are not an option. The only ones I still have are across the country, and travel's not cheap.

4) That's definitely something I'm pursuing. It'll take time though.

5) That does sound like a plan! I hadn't thought of that.

6) My health is definitely taking a blow from this. One thing that is harder than anything else is being robbed of my agency. I have a need to make choices and live in freedom, but this next step feels like losing that freedom. At least for now. I've been told it's not, but this is still something that I'm basically being forced to do regardless of how I feel. But trying to relax is sound advice. Thank you.
Oct 7, 2018 5:13 pm
Another thing I just remembered. If you are not already on anti-anxiety/depressant medications, try getting some St-John's Wort at the pharmacy, this helps you relax.

Also, if you are not already on some medication to help you sleep, you can get some melatonin at the pharmacy to help you get a good's night sleep.

Both are natural products, and not prescription drugs, and should be available for cheap over the counter without a prescription in the U.S. and should help with the whole health thing.

Of course, if you are already on medication for those things, do not buy those since taking them in addition to the medication will just "super charge" the medication’s effect, and not in a good way...
Last edited October 7, 2018 5:14 pm
Oct 7, 2018 5:17 pm
This is definitely something I can use. I'm not on medication, but mainly because there's no way on earth I could afford it.
Oct 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Hey all. I want to apologize for not checking in for so long. My life is very different today than when I first joined. I wish I could promise more participation, but that would not be the truth. In any case, I wanted to say again that I really love this site, Keleth, my GMs, and all of you here. One day I will be back for real. Until then, please remember me fondly.
Oct 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Take care!
Oct 17, 2018 10:12 pm
Going to be on vacation and likely unable to post consistently until Sunday or Monday
Oct 17, 2018 10:15 pm
Hi all. I most likely won't be able to update consistently until the weekend at the earliest. Apologize in advance!
Nov 5, 2018 4:32 pm
Work will have me tied up for the next five days. I may not be able to post much.
Nov 6, 2018 5:38 am
I'm going on vacation Nov. 10th- 17th and will have very limited internet. Assume my characters are going to do something stupid during that time. ;)
Last edited November 6, 2018 5:39 am
Nov 7, 2018 5:18 pm
Our county has had a rash of unfortunate deaths in the past week and it's all hands on deck(therapeutically speaking). As such I've not been as active as I'd like to be and probably won't be for another week or so.
Nov 29, 2018 6:13 am
Sorry for the absence. Probably won't hear from me for a couple more days.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gDCICeZRZ9Y/U6jTC1gz8aI/AAAAAAAAAZw/d_b_gKadCdg/s280/blogger-image-959506496.jpg
Dec 15, 2018 12:17 am
My computer died for a few days...I think I have successfully resuscitated it, but if I disappear again, that is why!
Dec 15, 2018 12:20 am
marithyme says:
My computer died for a few days...I think I have successfully resuscitated it, but if I disappear again, that is why!
And on the third day of defragmenting, he rose again.
Dec 15, 2018 12:24 am
Tech Support: Did you try turning it off and on again?
Marithyme: Walk me through that.
Dec 17, 2018 5:36 pm
I'm going to Mexico for 10 days starting tomorrow, but I expect there to be wifi, so maybe no actual change to my posting unless the WIFI IS A LIE to suck in tourists with tweens. In such a despicable case, I may simply disappear from here for 10 days.

UPDATE: The WIFI in not a lie.
Last edited December 19, 2018 2:01 pm
Dec 19, 2018 3:55 am
I'm dealing with a family emergency so my posting, has been, and will continue to be spotty at best for a little while. I apologize to any of my DM's and players for slowing anything down. I hope to get back to a regular posting schedule sooner than later.
Dec 21, 2018 3:26 am
Hi All. I'm posting on behalf of Jabes. He is still out, dealing with a bout of depression. He sends his thanks for everyone's support and hopes to be back soon with any luck.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.