Absences

load previous
Jul 24, 2019 5:39 am
Please pardon my absence. I have been having migraines again. Daily for a week straight now. Consequently, a drastic reduction in screen time has been prescribed. I will have to think about how to mitigate this development's impact on my gaming. Thank you for your understanding.
Jul 24, 2019 8:08 am
Sorry to hear that Jabes.
Jul 24, 2019 10:10 am
take care of yourself Jabes, listen to the doctors
Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm
Ugh. Migraines are awful. Take care of yourself, jabes!
Jul 24, 2019 3:03 pm
Migraines are the worst! Hope you find some relief.
Jul 26, 2019 12:41 am
Hey all - combination of work and personal life has messed up my free time pretty bad, for the foreseeable future. Will need to bow out of my games, and not sure when/if I can start up again - my apologies to anyone I was in games with.
Jul 26, 2019 4:02 pm
i won't be online for the next few days for medical reasons sorry
Jul 26, 2019 7:14 pm
steef99 says:
i won't be online for the next few days for medical reasons sorry
Hope all's well, steef! Thanks for the heads up.
Jul 29, 2019 6:08 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Please pardon my absence. I have been having migraines again. Daily for a week straight now. Consequently, a drastic reduction in screen time has been prescribed. I will have to think about how to mitigate this development's impact on my gaming. Thank you for your understanding.
Okay, so I went five whole days of not looking at my phone except for important work stuff. Also let my partner do all the computer-related work. Guess what, migraines went away. Now, I know I'm not going to be migraine-free forever (I've lived with them for over 30 years) but it looks like if I don't want to suffer every single day, I will have to extremely limit my screen time.

What does this mean for my gaming?
1) For the many games where I am a player, I will need to drop out of many, and lower my posting frequency for the few that I get to keep.
3) I will need to lower my posting frequency for the 3 games I run.

My sincerest thanks and apologies to all, specially to my GMs!
Jul 29, 2019 8:27 am
That’s a shame Jabes but totally understandable. Who really knows what screens and WiFi are doing to our brains? Be well!
Jul 29, 2019 10:20 am
Jabes, I’m happy that something you can control make a difference.
Aug 9, 2019 12:32 pm
I am going on vacation today until next Saturday. I should be able to post daily but probably only late at night (EST).
Aug 9, 2019 2:07 pm
Not an absence, but an update on my data erasure mishap. An automatic update restated my computer and made me lose my scanning progress. Pretty darn frustrating. However, I might have a guy who could help me with that, so I'm going to check out that avenue.

Again, sorry to my players who's games have been temporarily suspended because I erased my campaign notes.
Aug 9, 2019 2:39 pm
Also not an Absence report per se, but I'm in a writers conference this weekend, and may not be quick to respond to posts. I'll try to catch up at nights, though.
Aug 11, 2019 12:45 pm
This post is long overdue but I've been either unable or unwanting, I will be taking an indefinite break that I foresee to be long. Thank you for all the good times and I'm sorry.

- Ryan
Aug 11, 2019 2:11 pm
That is very sad to hear Hyp. I hope everything is well or is at least building toward it. Good luck
Aug 11, 2019 3:33 pm
Really sorry to see you go, HypCo! You haven't really been around in a while but now that it's "official" it makes me sad. Every game I've been in with you has been extra fun thanks to your characters! I wish you all the best, and look forward to your return!
Aug 11, 2019 3:59 pm
Sorry to hear that Ryan. I know the feeling of being unwilling to make the call. I hope you do come back when you can.
Aug 11, 2019 5:02 pm
A valued member of the community. Sorry to see you go.
Aug 11, 2019 5:35 pm
HypCo says:
This post is long overdue but I've been either unable or unwanting, I will be taking an indefinite break that I foresee to be long. Thank you for all the good times and I'm sorry.

- Ryan
I'm sorry to hear that you have to step away, but totally understand. If you are ever able to come back, I will be happy to have you back in any of my games!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.