Absences

load previous
Sep 7, 2019 12:19 pm
I apologize for the extended absence, folks! Work has been more brutal than usual. I can hardly remember when I last slept. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel; after a couple more days of this I can finally get back on the boards.

Thanks!
Sep 7, 2019 3:17 pm
Hurricane headed our way; likely to lose power for quite a while. Please be patient if you are in a game I am running, and my GM's should feel free to play my characters or sideline them temporarily.
Sep 8, 2019 2:29 pm
Be safe, everyone who is in the hurricane path!
Sep 8, 2019 3:08 pm
This from Machiabelly:

"Ok I survived the storm. Power has been out for 16 hours. They say it could be up to 2 days for some. My town is usually good at getting it back.
I have no wi-fi and limited data, so I won't be around. Please let GMs in games you share with me that they can roll for me until I come back. @Somebox (Elora) and @78RPMLife we are in a few together."
Sep 8, 2019 7:11 pm
Thanks Qralloq
Sep 10, 2019 6:39 pm
So... After moving and getting a new apprenticeship, I haven't been able to post regularly yet again.
In the interest of all games I'm in and all of the players, I'll be off again. Hope you'll all have a great time!
Sep 12, 2019 12:49 am
Nearing the end of my sojourn abroad. Apologies for having less time to write comfortably with less relible wifi access than expected (other travellers can probably relate...). I know most of my games have been neglected, but I’ll be back to the States in ~72 hours, and probably won’t take another vacation for another 3 years, so once I get re-settled at home, my games will all start moving again at a good pace.
Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Well, some good news and bad news on my HD woes. I'm currently at work, about to leave, and I managed to talk to my guy who was looking to retrieve my data. He managed to recuperate about 620 gb of data... out of about 1.4-1.6 tb erased...

It is entirely possible my campaign notes are gone for good. I'll be fixed once I get home and start sifting through the recovered files...
Oct 11, 2019 5:08 pm
My father has had to have surgery, and I'm down in Houston with just a phone and a tablet, so it's a bit hard to make posts. I'm going to be back home on Saturday if everything goes well.
Oct 11, 2019 5:12 pm
Best of luck to your dad!
Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm
Sorry for the delay in my participation, to both players and DMs of mine. I've been in a funk and not able to get to posting consistently for a bit now. I'm hoping to have updates to everything this weekend, and to be back to regularly scheduled posting next week. Just wanted to touch base to say, yes, I'm still alive and I will be returning soon. Sorry for the semighosting all!
Oct 29, 2019 12:33 am
Hello everyone. I have news. I am semi-back! Temper expectations. I don't feel like expounding on my situation. The short version is that I have the ability to contribute erratically, which I've decided is better than not contributing at all. I've missed the people here. I've missed writing max word posts about cookies. I'm rambling. So, yeah.
Oct 29, 2019 12:36 am
Yay! Welcome back-ish!
Oct 29, 2019 4:56 pm
I just dropped 7 games over 3 GMs for not being present to game.
Nov 1, 2019 3:06 am
Travelling with family the next four days. May or may not be able to post depending on internet availability.
Nov 4, 2019 4:03 pm
Sorry again all, it seems I'm going to have to do a longer hiatus than anticipated. At least for the next month I'm going to be increasingly busy with work during my normal posting times and the stress of it all has taken a toll on my energy to engage as a character and DM. I'm going to officially put all my stuff in a holding pattern for a few weeks to get through this slump of crud and try to come back refreshed afterwards. :/

Sorry to all in my games.
Nov 4, 2019 5:09 pm
Thanks for the update, Dramasailor. See you when you get out from under all that.
Nov 7, 2019 1:28 pm
Hi all

apologies to all those who were either posting in a game I was DM-ing or waiting for me to post in a game they were running, I understand how frustrating both instances can be. I was unfortunatly very short notice sent away from home with work for a fair few weeks.

Now I am back I will endeavour to catch up with the site and all the game and respond accordingly

Thanks!
Nov 7, 2019 2:37 pm
Some more news on my erased data woes.

I've tried a second guy to recover my data. He managed to do so and is currently storing my data in an HD. I'll then need to meet him again to retrieve my HDs and then spend time looking through all the files and re-order them which might also take some time, but it looks like I managed to recover my data after all.

Again, sorry to anyone playing in my games where I accidentally erased my campaign notes...
Nov 7, 2019 9:26 pm
I’m away for a few days and will be back on Sunday so my posting frequency will be reduced a tad
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.