Absences

load previous
Nov 9, 2019 7:25 am
HEY, ALL!!!! I got news; good, great, fun, and meh.
Forst the meh: It will still be a few more weeks before I can come back fully. I looked back and saw I never posted here but I did let all my games know of my absence and why.
On to better news.
Good: I have a new job. Ironically enough it is working for UPS. Seasonal as it my be they are already talking to me about staying on after the season ends in January, of which I am more then happy to stay on.

Great: Not sure if I told everyone but I got a new baby in April. If I did I know I never said amything about her 'Failure to Thrive'. We had to make a few tweeks to her diet and frequency of eating and now she is growing back on schedule.

Fun: The most relevant for last. I have been thinking of ways to come back. Coming back as a player for more than maybe 2 games will be unrealistic for me now. But I feel much more comfortable as a GM. My GP campaign of I think 4 years now is going to be put on hold as a few of the main players for the plot are out for the moment.

The Pitch: The enitire party are members of an assassins/thiefs guild. Something may go wrong on a mission and you may need to figure how and fix it.
Also some character creation rules. I'll get into that in the Games Tavern, this is not the thread for that.
Nov 9, 2019 7:28 am
Welcome back and congrats on the healthy baby...and the other things. Mostly the healthy baby though
Nov 9, 2019 12:00 pm
Welcome back and congratulations, Apexwolf!
Nov 9, 2019 3:05 pm
Congratulations on the new job and new baby Apexwolf :D
Nov 9, 2019 4:32 pm
Welcome back mate and congratulations on the new job. Glad to hear everything with the kid is going better now.
Nov 9, 2019 4:43 pm
Hey, Apex, congratulations on all the great news! :D
(And may I just say that I love your avatar?)
Nov 10, 2019 6:30 pm
Thanks. My own design. Graduated in 2017 and started looking into web design and branding but lost my main source of income right before so that all took a backseat. Only just now got a steady job with good income. Will be pursuing that line of work again within a year...hopfully.
Nov 12, 2019 1:00 am
Got another word of the guy working to retrieve my data. He decided to be a perfectionist and have another go at my HD just to make sure he retrieve everything and no data got corrupted. If everything goes well, I should get my HD back later this week.
Nov 12, 2019 4:36 am
I think that I've pretty much explained this to all my players, but just in case:

I suffer from severe depression and anxiety. In addition, my wife is legally blind and I am her eyes. I do the driving, most of the cooking, and I read to her and take dictation of her emails. Despite this, we live very busy lives. Her 87-year-old father lives with us and her elderly aunt lives one city over. We track appointments for both of them and her brother (who despite being a grown adult, is so scatterbrained that he can barely care for himself) and carry them to appointments (since my father-in-law has also stopped driving).

In addition, we both (my wife and I) work for a local convention that requires quite a bit of our time. She is the director, and I am the gaming director. Much of our weekends are spent either at other conventions, club meetings (we are part of Starfleet: The International Fan Organization), and I run Pathfinder tabletop every other week. All of this is in addition to games on alternating Thursdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and alternating Saturdays. And that doesn't count the games I run on here and the Paizo boards.

So, if I drop off for a day or so, don't panic. More than likely, i just got busy. If I am going to be gone for an extended period, i will post here to let everyone know.
Nov 12, 2019 4:41 am
WhtKnt, may I just say how inspiring you are?
Nov 12, 2019 5:27 am
::blushes:: Thank you. Just dong my part.
Nov 14, 2019 12:02 am
Ok to all my players and games I am in. this week got real busy and I have not been able to post like I would have liked. I am hoping to get back to things but it might not be till next week until I am posting regular again.
Nov 15, 2019 4:20 am
I am going to be at a convention from tomorrow until Sunday, but I will be kicking off my Dragonlance game on Monday!
Nov 15, 2019 5:12 am
I am also going to a convention, all day Friday and Saturday. My posting will be essentially zero until Sunday.
Nov 26, 2019 4:07 pm
Will be busy over the next few days. Not sure if I can post at all before the weekend.
Nov 26, 2019 4:12 pm
What will we do if someone new joins the site? The welcome thread will be anarchy without you!
Nov 26, 2019 4:17 pm
Haha @bowlofspinach! I leave the welcome wagon in your capable hands! :-D
Nov 27, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi all y'all,

Sorry I've been less active again the past week - my girlfriend's been having some health issues that culminated in a hospital visit at 2:30 am yesterday. Prognosis is good in the long term, but I've been in and out of work as I need to help her out for the time being, and the energy I've had for games has been minimal. Between that and the US holiday this week, I don't expect to update anything until Monday at least. I'll get to as many games as I can today before we hit the road for our Thanksgiving destination. Apologies to my players.
Last edited November 27, 2019 12:45 pm
Nov 27, 2019 2:14 pm
I'll be checking out of my games until Monday, December 2nd.
Nov 29, 2019 6:46 pm
I will be away until December 5; taking the fam to Disney World! I will return on the 5th.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.