Adventure Thread - Oak Grove Whispers

load previous
Dec 8, 2015 6:35 pm
Herja only shrugs and strides over to the butler. "What the hell is going on here, man?! Where's your master?"
Dec 8, 2015 6:38 pm
"Oh, it's you...What about that monster...the oven...?" he asks, nervously, looking past you to the kitchen door
Dec 8, 2015 6:39 pm
"We shut it up for the time being but it may get hungry again. I've a mind to feed you to it if you don't start answering our questions truthfully..."
Dec 8, 2015 7:05 pm
The man looks panicked. "Oh no, please!" He exclaims, then looks towards the stairs and speaks in a hushed voice. "The house has gone mad. They used to only appear at night. Now they are here around the clock. When you think they are dead, they come back the next evening!"
Dec 9, 2015 12:17 am
"And you decided to stay in here instead of leaving and go look for help? Where is Mister Galenar?"
Dec 9, 2015 1:08 am
"I thought it might just...go away. Clearly I was mistaken. Master Galenar is a private person. I feared that he would be damned by the Helianites for associating with the forces of darkness or something. If you can rid this place of whatever is plaguing it. I will pay you personally...with...this!" he produces diamond cuff links from his uniform. "They were a gift from the master."

"He's upstairs..but ...there are things up there. A butcher.....a porcine butcher...."
Dec 9, 2015 1:25 am
"I never performed an exorcism before. So when did those things started happening all the time? And has those things been happening at night all the time? Anything that you can tell us might be useful in helping us figure out what might be causing this..."
Dec 9, 2015 3:54 am
About a week ago. The master had retired to his room, he had just finished entertaining a guest. I was preparing to clean the dishes and retire for the evening when the oven attacked me. I ran away and up stairs where I encountered the master, he was sleeping in his chair but I could not wake him.

Things got more peculiar and I stayed here in the vestibule. It has been this way since. I didn't know what to do...
Dec 9, 2015 5:27 am
"So, the master has been sleeping ever since? If he's making all this in his sleep somehow, then this could explain why this used to happen only at night..."
Dec 9, 2015 6:51 am
Herja nods in appreciation of Esteber's reasoning. "Well then shall we wake him? Of course we'll probably have to fight to get to him."
Dec 9, 2015 6:38 pm
"Who was this guest of the master's? Perhaps they cursed your master. Regardless, we should go have a look at the ol' dreamer to see if we can wake him up."
Dec 9, 2015 6:44 pm
Drumley, the butler, looks uncomfortable. "A female associate. She is a neighborhood local, Ms. Red Kirsten. She and the master are...friends"
Dec 9, 2015 7:06 pm
"Curious that all this started after her last visit... Perhaps she has a jealous custom.. Er.. lover who discovered this affair. Have you spotted anyone else lurking the premises before that last visit with Red Kirsten?"
Dec 9, 2015 7:08 pm
"There have been visitors come calling since then, but I have sent them all away". From upstairs you hear a heavy grunting and snorting. Drumley looks terrified.
Dec 9, 2015 7:19 pm
"well, what do we say comrades? Shall we head upstairs and visit the master of the house? Looks like poor Drumley here is about to feint."
Dec 9, 2015 8:39 pm
"We'll recover your master and take you both out of here. But first we need to make sure you don't get attacked while we are upstairs, or are you coming with us?"

OOC: who you gonna call?
Dec 9, 2015 10:04 pm
"I'll stay here, thank you" he says, watching the stairs.
Dec 9, 2015 11:59 pm
"Very well, let's go wake up mister Galenar..."
Dec 10, 2015 2:40 am
At the stairway Herja pauses to enchant her blade once more.

Rolls

Enchant Weapon: CTN 8 - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (15) = 15

1d20 : (3) = 3

Dec 10, 2015 4:38 am
Esteber will slowly make his way upstairs, waiting for the others...
load next

Thread locked