Adventure Thread - Oak Grove Whispers

load previous
Dec 1, 2015 10:19 pm
"Good evening my good man. We are a group of adventurers who are in need of the services of Mister Galenar. We heard he's the best in town."
Dec 2, 2015 3:00 am
"Master Galenar is not accepting visitors at this time...thank you" the butler replies as he moves to shut the door...
Dec 2, 2015 6:55 am
"When will he be available? Do you know? We sort of only have a few weeks before our next assignment..."
Last edited December 2, 2015 6:55 am
Dec 2, 2015 1:25 pm
"The master has not shared this information with me. Good night." he says as he closes the door. You hear the click of several locks.
Dec 2, 2015 1:35 pm
"Well, that was a waste of time."
Dec 2, 2015 3:59 pm
"Plan B then, let's look for a back door Alden might be able to open. Then there's also the possibility of climbing up to the windows on the upper floor..."
Dec 3, 2015 3:27 pm
"Some people have no manners. Back door then, let's check it out. I'd be willing to toss a brick through a window as well. You know, get their attention."
Dec 3, 2015 5:20 pm
"That might be too noisy Bart. Breaking in usually mean you don't want to attract attention. And there's also the fact that we'd end up vandalizing Mister Galenar's property who, as far as I can tell, hasn't done anything wrong and might very well be the victim in all of this."
Dec 3, 2015 5:32 pm
"Suit yourself, let's try Alden's technical skills around back to see if he can get us in..."
Dec 3, 2015 6:01 pm
"Agreed" Alden goes around the house trying to be silent and to avoid the windows to look for a service door.
Dec 3, 2015 7:38 pm
You make your way around the back. One thing you notice is that the creeper vines are VERY dense on this side of the house. Some are thick as a man's arm. On the ground are pieces of broken stone finials - it is as if the vines grew very quickly, choking out the stone they entwined around.

The door to the kitchen area is partially obscured by vines and leaves. From the kitchen you can hear a clanking noise and see a reddish orange glow that seems in time to the clanking. The windows back here are barred on the ground level too.
Dec 3, 2015 9:51 pm
"Woah, what the... I've seen vines before but never ones like that. Well, as big as they are, I think we definitely could Climb to the upper stories. However, I think we can all agree that all this is definitely creepy."
Dec 3, 2015 10:42 pm
OOC: Is Alden able to reach and manipulate the door or is it covered by the vines? what about the windows can I see anything through them?
Last edited December 3, 2015 10:43 pm
Dec 3, 2015 10:54 pm
You think you could part the vines, might have to hack one or two, to get access to the door. You look into the windows, the kitchen is dark. Occasionally, there is a flash of orange/red and a clanking noise. There are other windows that must look into other rooms. No light comes through those windows.
Dec 3, 2015 11:06 pm
"It gets even creepier. Are you ready fellows? I'll try to open the door..."

Alden waits for the group to get ready and then:

Rolls

Lookig for traps 19 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Lockpicking 19 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Dec 3, 2015 11:29 pm
Alden sees no traps and successfully unlocks the door
Dec 4, 2015 12:51 am
"Nicely done Alden!" Bart says with an apologetic shrug to Estebar as he sets down the cinder block. "Perhaps we should let Gertrude lead the way?" Bart moves up as if to lead the way into the house.
Dec 4, 2015 12:53 am
The others line up and Bart. It's dark, you may need a torch or lantern to see accurately.
Dec 4, 2015 1:46 am
"Hold on, I'll light a torch... Guess I'm going shieldless once again..."
Dec 5, 2015 2:00 pm
The torchlight provides some visibility into the dark kitchen. You hear flies buzzing and the smell of rot fills your nostrils. There is a pile of dishes in a wash basin, molded bread on a chopping block. The floor is covered in a fog, making it impossible to see the floor. You feel there is some sort of 'current' in the fog, and it flows from the doorway to the hall.

But what really disturbs you is the oven. The iron object has been warped or twisted, it now looks like a face, with the oven door a mouth. It actually laughs as you enter, filling the room with an eerie red/orange light from the fire within. "HUNGRY! ME EAT YOU!!!! BURRRN YOU!"
load next

Thread locked