Adventure Thread - Oak Grove Whispers

load previous
Nov 19, 2015 11:47 pm
"It's not that I have problems, I'm just trying to figure out what exactly we're getting ourselves into..."
Nov 20, 2015 8:27 am
"Miss, please understand that every bit of information will help, even what you consider private or irrelevant will help us a great deal in our task. And we promise to be exquisitelly discreet with all the information you give us."
Nov 20, 2015 11:43 am
"Master Galenar is a wealthly shoemaker, but before that he was somewhat of an adventurer, like yourselves. Sometimes my clients pay me in jewelry and trinkets...Galenar is a good appraiser and he also can help me find buyers for these items. In addition to being a generous, regular client."
Nov 20, 2015 3:07 pm
"An ex-adventurer hmm? Do you know if, by any chances, he used to be a member of the Adventurer's Guild?"
Nov 20, 2015 3:15 pm
Looking a bit bored "Wouldn't know, hon. I bet he was adventuring long before that guild set up." She takes another sip of Esteber's beer and licks her lips "So, do you want to talk pay or are you helping a poor girl out out of the kindness of your hearts?"
Nov 23, 2015 5:51 pm
Bart looks at the woman skeptically. "I don't like to tongue wag when there's perfectly good ale that needs drinking. But aye, I think we need to talk pay. Gertrude has expensive tastes."

Bart says the last without any indication that he is referring to his sword.
Nov 23, 2015 5:57 pm
Red Kirsten smiles at Bart and saddles up in a chair next to his. "I can give you 100 gold if you can discretely investigate what's going on. Come back here when you know what's up. Me and the girls are here nearly every night. Of course we can also discuss....trade...."
Nov 23, 2015 6:06 pm
"Gold is good, thanks!" Herja interrupta, scowling.
Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm
"Agreed, that seems a fair offer, barring any unforeseen troubles finding your Cobbler friend." Bart turns to Alden and Esteber, "What say you gents, shall we go shoe shopping?"
Nov 23, 2015 6:34 pm
"We'd better come up with some good reason to see the man, otherwise, we might simply end up being turn away at the door by his manservant like Miss Red Kristen here..."
Nov 23, 2015 6:37 pm
"Gertrude needs new dancing shoes, that should be enough to get us through the door. Or the promise of something really shiny that we need him to appraise perhaps?"
Nov 23, 2015 7:01 pm
"I don't remember her saying he was a cobbler, just that he was a rich ex-adventurer..."
Nov 29, 2015 11:11 pm
Red Kirsten winks and moves on to another table of tipsy cobblers. You finish your drinks and settle your bill, then make your way to Shoehaven Manor, just north of the Gray Mule.
Nov 30, 2015 1:23 am
Esteber will bid Red Kristen farewell with a large curtsy bow and by kissing her hand.

"You have a good evening m'lady."
Nov 30, 2015 1:08 pm
Bart will spend most of the walk lamenting that they didn't get a few more drinks before setting off on this task. "in my experience, beautiful women lead to nothing but trouble. At least their gold is good."

When they get to the shop Bart will step up and knock loudly on the door.
Nov 30, 2015 2:56 pm
The moon is large in the sky, casting a lot of light on the city. Shoehaven is a modest, three-story manor home with white brick walls covered in vines. As you approach the Manor House, you see the occasional eerie, greenish light from the third story windows. The first floor windows are barred.
Nov 30, 2015 3:16 pm
"Greenish light? That looks ominous... And the first story windows are barred. Something is definitely not right in there... Alden, you think those vines would be enough to help us climb to those third story windows? well, if we really have to, of course..."
Dec 1, 2015 8:23 am
"That strange light gives me the creeps, and I must admit I'm not very good at climbing" Alden thinks for a moment... "Maybe we should look for a service door in the back of the house, I'm sure I could unlock it easily"
Dec 1, 2015 2:53 pm
"At the same time, it won't do us much good to be arrested for breaking and entering... Let's knock at the door first and see how suspicious is the manservant. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to use reasonable doubt as an excuse later if we get into trouble for breaking in..."

With this, Esteber will use the knocker on the front door.
Dec 1, 2015 3:58 pm
After a moment, the door opens a crack. The room beyond is dark. The man at the door is clearly a butler, but he is disheveled, with his collar undone, he looks a bit dirty and tired, with his eyes red and his skin pale and sweaty.

"Good evening. How may I help you?" he says quietly.
load next

Thread locked