Chapter 2 - The Fortress

load previous
Mar 14, 2016 4:15 pm
"What have we missed? Where are we to go next?"
Mar 14, 2016 4:48 pm
"We know there are more prisoners stored in the tower, my troupe may be there."
Mar 14, 2016 4:50 pm
"Ah, yes, of course. Lead the way!" I stay in the back and wait for the others to get ahead of me.
Mar 18, 2016 9:30 pm
OOC:
Since there hasn't been a post of doing other things I'll assume everyone heads further into the keep.
As the group goes up the spiraling stairs they find themselves on the main floor of the keep. There is another staircase here going further up this tower you are in on the front corner of the keep, but you know you need to be at the back left (if you were to enter in the front door of this keep) tower.

The room you see is a massive open room almost like a church of sorts. There are no pews, just crates of supplies. Normally this room would probably be abuzz with goblins moving things too and fro, but now it is abuzz with goblins rushing outside to help figure out what is going on. The main keep is almost completely empty save for a few straggling goblins.

Daylight filters in through the massive hole that has been opened by the collapse of the front right tower (looking at the front entrance of the building again). You see black smoke filling the sky outside, no doubt from the aftermath of the blast. You hear one more blast go off outside. Not all of the barrels must have gone up at first.

Looking at the hole Ramas says, "I don't know how long this place may stand." Looking around you indeed see other bricks and sections of the wall near the missing tower are crumbling and breaking apart. Of the twelve support columns inside this large open cathedral the front right two have crumbled, the building is weakening.

What do you do?
Mar 20, 2016 8:16 pm
"Move quickly, don't stop to fight unless they engage us first," Aelar says, and then rushes forward to find the correct tower.
Mar 20, 2016 8:29 pm
Realizing that they may be close to finding Aelar's troupe Ütés falls in right behind the bard. "We're with you."
Mar 21, 2016 12:34 am
As you pass the three goblins in here do try to stop you but are woefully outmatched. Two fall quickly before your blade but the third runs away and up into the tower you are heading for. You make chase up the spiraling staircase but he stays just a step ahead. Just as you round the last of the stairs ahead of you you hear the wooden door leading to the main room up here slam and the goblin inside scream, "Gasher! Intruders!"
Mar 21, 2016 2:27 am
"Oh dear, they're aware of our presence! What should we do?" I look around for a place to hide, or for some sort of cover.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Mar 21, 2016 2:35 am
There is little cover. Even the crates down in the main keep are not large enough to make good cover. If you followed the goblin up the stairs to the tower there is virtually no cover.
Mar 21, 2016 2:37 am
"I'm guessing we're not going to be able to reason with someone called 'Gasher'"

Drawing her sword Ütés prepares to make entrance into the room.
Mar 22, 2016 3:51 pm
I follow behind Aelar, muttering for a few moments before a magical field surrounds a protective barrier around me.
OOC:
Casting Mage armor-AC now 16
Mar 22, 2016 4:57 pm
Aelar sighs and draws his rapier and dagger, prepared to fight.
Mar 22, 2016 5:29 pm
Ramas draws his swords, seeing the obvious cues where this is going from everyone else. Do we go in or wait for them to come out?"

From inside the room you hear a loud booming voice, "What!? In my keep? Looks like we will eat good tonight, boys! But first...". What follows is a high piercing scream punctuated by a loud SHUNK sound.
Mar 22, 2016 10:07 pm
Hearing the sound from within the room Ütés answers Ramas without even turning to face him. "We go in!"

Shield in hand and sword drawn she'll approach the door and swing it open.
OOC:
AC 19 with shield.
Mar 22, 2016 10:10 pm
Aelar follows right behind Utes, "That's the spirit!"
OOC:
Utes has a Bardic Inspiration die, 1d6

Add to any attack roll, save, ability check, weapon damage roll, or (as a reaction) add it to AC against an enemy's attack.
Last edited March 22, 2016 10:11 pm
Mar 23, 2016 2:12 am
As you crash through this door you find yourself in a 40 foot wide circular room. The light from outside streams in through six evenly placed windows around the room. This looks like it could have been living quarters at one point but has since become what appears to be a mix of prison, interrogation room, and medical lab. The defining feature, apart from the wrought iron cages around the perimeter that hold many people, is the wooden table in the middle of the room.

On this wooden table a ray of orange sunlight falls on the face of a woman. Her expression is a mix of terror and pain. Out of the center of this table, and this woman, sprouts a large, crude, jagged, axe. At the end of the axe is a massive green figure. His scarred face is twisted in a terrible smile. He plucks his axe, from the table, and the woman, with another SHUNK.

Those still in the cages cower back as far as they can, and then you see it. This woman again. The one on the table is also on the wall in front of the table in shackles. Her eyes are closed tightly, refusing to view the scene before them.

The hulking Orc turns to you, unsurprised by your entrance, Well, it looks like our food came to us! Who wants to eat!"

Three goblins in the room cackle and chime in at this. "Kill, kill! Feast on their flesh!"

Everyone roll for initative.

Rolls

Gasher Initiative - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Goblin Initiative - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Mar 23, 2016 2:14 am
Aelar narrows his eyes and growls in anger, "You're dead, fool."
OOC:
Is this orc wearing any sort of armor?
Last edited March 23, 2016 2:15 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Mar 23, 2016 2:20 am
OOC:
Gasher is in full chain mail.
Aelar...oh..., Ramas says not sure on the status of the woman but hoping there is still time.

Rolls

Intiative - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Mar 23, 2016 2:22 am
I stare at the Orc, then at the woman, then back at Orc.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Mar 23, 2016 2:35 am
Enraged at the sight before her Ütés loses all focus on anything in the room other than the giant Orc. Throwing her shield to the side she grabs her sword with both hands.
OOC:
EDIT: She wants her shield back now!!! :-)
Last edited March 23, 2016 2:36 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

load next

Thread locked