OOC:
Wisdom check

Rolls

Widsom check - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Aug 17, 2019 8:58 am
Tani sent a note to discourage
Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am
Erjor goes and joins the team late to the party What did i miss ?
Last edited August 17, 2019 9:03 am
Aug 17, 2019 10:53 am
OOC:
I shall write you in, Steef!
Aug 17, 2019 9:15 pm
OOC:
CAN ALL PLAYERS PLEASE SUBMIT THEIR CHARACTER SHEETS IN Adventure Setting and Information, COMPLETED CHARACTER SHEETS?

Thanks, Tani!
Aug 17, 2019 10:02 pm
OOC:
Post below is intended for Cootufy, Gordon Baringer and Gwylihim! Yay! Party is nearly back together again!
All three of you round the corner to find Brock talking to a Dwarf who has just swung up into the saddle of a black horse and a little way behind, a tall hooded and cloaked figure is also mounted on a black horse. It looks as though they are about to ride off.
Aug 18, 2019 5:50 am
Brock who are your new friends? Cootufy calls out as he walks towards him while looking at the Dwarf suspiciously, I have some news for you as well.
Aug 18, 2019 3:08 pm
"Oh hello Cootufy. These gentlemen here are just setting off. Although where they would be off to a such a time of day is a mystery to me. Let me quickly check on Charcoal, then I will join you at the inn."

Brock intends to ask the stableboy about these suspicious characters once they are out of earshot.
Aug 18, 2019 11:04 pm
Do you know where the guy with two Scimitars is going? He owes me money and I want it back. Cootufy says to the dwarf as he approaches, I tried to talk to him but he rode off hard in that direction, he continues while pointing in the opposite direction the guy went.
Aug 19, 2019 7:55 am
Mathfuric says:
Do you know where the guy with two Scimitars is going? He owes me money and I want it back. Cootufy says to the dwarf as he approaches, I tried to talk to him but he rode off hard in that direction, he continues while pointing in the opposite direction the guy went.
The dwarf says, 'Let us help you with that then!

With that they both kick their horses into a gallop and take off down the road after the guy with the double scimitars. They take off down the same road you guys came into the Village. It is obvious they saw which way the guy went. You get the feeling this will not be the last you see of these two.
Aug 19, 2019 8:03 am
Brock moves off to check on Charcoal.
OOC:
Brock: You find the stableboy walking quickly down to one of the lots. He cries out in surprise and motions you over to him. When you get there, lying on the floor on top of some straw is an elf tied up and gagged, struggling to escape. As you untie him, he splutters and asks if you have seen a tall, thin man in a cloak. He robbed me of 5gp, tied me up and took off.
Aug 19, 2019 10:30 am
Cootufy follows Brock into the stable as he might as well check on Sparkles as well.
OOC:
DM is this the same stable boy I saw watching us before?
Cootufy look’s at the Elf and says,So we arrived in town speaking to a farmer 👩🏼‍🌾, she directed us to the Inn where we got food. I followed a Wizard upstairs, who I saw talking to a young guy with two Scimitars, while Brock followed a dwarf with a flaming red beard and a thin guy who were stalking the young guy with two Scimitars outside. I saw Scimitars guy ride off as I got outside and then got here to see the Dwarf and thin guy ride off after two Scimitars guy, who by the way does not owe me money. We are now joining up again to tell our tales. Taking a big breath he then addresses Brock, I got us a job too, thou Gymlihim wasn’t to happy with the money offered, but I took it anyway.
Last edited August 19, 2019 10:36 am
Aug 19, 2019 8:31 pm
"Cootufy! shouts Brock with half-mock exasperation. "I can't leave you for a gerbil's heartbeat before you've gone and got us into another pickle. I'm baffled as to why you got me to follow that dwarf - was it a ruse so you could sign us up for underpaid works whilst I wasn't looking!"

Brock turns to the elf "Are you well, sir?
Aug 19, 2019 10:29 pm
discourage says:
"Cootufy! shouts Brock with half-mock exasperation. "I can't leave you for a gerbil's heartbeat before you've gone and got us into another pickle. I'm baffled as to why you got me to follow that dwarf - was it a ruse so you could sign us up for underpaid works whilst I wasn't looking!"

Brock turns to the elf "Are you well, sir?
"I am... what ails me has no simple cure. Thank you, I am as well as can I be at this time." He pitches his voice lower, so it does not carry, wishing to keep the next words between the three of them. "All that that the halfling says is true. Underpaid is not the term; in fact, the offer is generous, perhaps overly so to strangers that are unknown. He offered 300 gold to each us that survived to make a delivery to Darkshelf.

My belief is that we are to be used as a stalking horse for some other purpose. That is why I asked the man not for more coin, but coin up front - to see what value he placed upon this bauble. Whether the recipient shall actually honor this deal, or we are merely a distraction, remains to be seen. Something similar may have happened to that twin scimitar-ed rider.

I believe it still behooves us to remain for the eve in this inn, but sleep lightly; if there still remain unfriendly eyes upon us, they may try to take us tonight. If we are luckier, we may have already watched them leave the inn, and our rest shall be untroubled.
Last edited August 19, 2019 10:31 pm
Aug 19, 2019 10:43 pm
I signed us up adventure is what I did, Cootufy says with a little chuckle before leaning in and saying quietly, We have been watched since arriving, a stableboy took great interest in us earlier before running off behind the leatherworks, so I feel Gwylihim maybe right. Then in a louder voice, By the way Gwylihim I think Brock was enquiring after the Elf tied up there, pointing the other elf, You elves are all so tall.
Aug 20, 2019 12:06 am
I don't suspect a double cross but money of front is nice. I do except that we will suffer some misfortune delivering as 300 gold coins is quite a haul. Best we keep a careful eye.
Aug 20, 2019 4:17 am
Mathfuric says:
By the way Gwylihim I think Brock was enquiring after the Elf tied up there, pointing the other elf, You elves are all so tall.
OOC:
Oops, I didn't see the bit about the elf in the other note. I guess Gwylihim didn't see him either.
Aug 20, 2019 6:30 am
Brock is confused that Gwylihim answered his question. But then he's often confused, the minds of his travelling companions seem to gallop ahead on horses with winged hooves, whilst his own trudges through the mud, a ball and chain weighing each ankle.

Turning to Gwylihim, Brock says "There is one of your kin here who was tied up by a man. Perhaps you should speak to him and get to the truth of the matter. And there's more secrets to be had from the stableboy too."
OOC:
Sorry, my bad, should always be explicit who you're talking to in pbp
Aug 20, 2019 6:45 am
"i'm Erjor nice to meet you guys"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.