1.0 - The Lion, The Witch, and the Demon

load previous
Nov 23, 2015 5:18 am
Breecha takes position by the door, a habitual move that mimics the guards outside the office. He is silent, and still; not even his red optics flicker.
Nov 23, 2015 6:24 am
Mack smiles, opening his arms in an expansive gesture. "Hello, we are Tymora's crew and thank you for having us. The trip was, thankfully, a non-event. I'd like to apologize for giving your gate guard a hard time. We didn't know protocol with regards to your associates and didn't want to presume." Mack takes up position a respectful distance from the desk, in the center.
Last edited November 23, 2015 6:25 am
Nov 23, 2015 6:46 am
No trouble at all. You can buy men's loyalty, but sometimes you just can't buy their manners, Daemon says. His smile somehow seems to widen even further. Almost unnaturally so.

Now as requested I have a care package for you, as soon as I see the credit transfer. Sounds like your team really needed some supplies. Of course Tymora always has such a way of tugging at my heart strings, he says, placing a hand almost mockingly where his heart would be, So let's just consider this an... investment... into your continued mercenary work.
Nov 23, 2015 7:00 am
Kessel steps forward with the datapad, poised to transfer the credits. "Not meaning any disrespect, but may we inspect the supplies before I make the transfer?" He has one ear cocked to the comm feed he has hacked, alert for any trouble.
Nov 23, 2015 12:02 pm
Yes, yes. All is well my good man. Tymora still knows how to pick the cautious ones, he says. Snapping his fingers a small imp creature pops into existence next to him. The small creature is holding a small rugged looking backpack. The imp hands the bag to Daemon and vanishes as abruptly as it had appeared.

Daemon opens the bag and spreads the contents across his desktop in an organized fashion. It appears to be all of the promised goods. A small amount of supplies for me really, though even for Tymora I can only spare so much at such a reduced cost. But as I said consider this my investment into you, he states, the smile never leaving his face. He repackaged the back and zips it up, Now, if you would be so kind...
Nov 23, 2015 4:03 pm
Breecha expands his audio receptors, scanning low through high frequencies to see if anything can be picked up that would signal trouble in this otherwise simple transaction.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Nov 23, 2015 4:15 pm
Kessel waits for Mack's go-ahead, then initiates the credit transfer.
Nov 23, 2015 4:18 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to CancerMan
[Note to Breecha]

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
[Note to Kessel]
Nov 24, 2015 12:31 am
Preserver has followed the crew and takes a post similar to BR33CH, though he maintains his more casual demeanor compared to the larger bot.
Nov 24, 2015 5:40 pm
"It appears everything is in order then. Kessel do you want to send through the credit?" Mack smiles a businesslike smile. "As to the investment, I'm guessing there might be something on your mind you would like us to do? Otherwise, it seems like a low isk transaction wouldn't require your direct involvement..."
Nov 24, 2015 6:53 pm
Kessel gives the thumbs up as the credit transfer completes, and waits for Daemon to confirm receipt. He is relieved that, based on the radio chatter he's been listening in on, there doesn't seem to be any double crosses going down, but he stays alert.
Nov 24, 2015 11:22 pm
Breecha remains still, like a statue. His optics scan the room this time, for any visual clues that stands out enough to warrant further attention.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Nov 24, 2015 11:40 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to CancerMan
Daemon's grin remains plastered on his face. Right to the point Mack, I like that. Indeed there is something I could use your talents for. You see one of my clubs was hit today. A small little strip joint that was a small front for more grandiose business dealings, he says as he makes a large gesture with his hands. They come up above his shoulders and seem to frame the vidscreens behind him.

As he finishes talking the 4 large vidscreens change their images. Each one shows video feed from the club you knocked over earlier. Each camera freezes on a frame showing each individual party member wreaking havoc inside the club. As you can see, the direct video feed came right here. It was actually quite an impressive job. Luckily for you I have a million of these business fronts, and the bugbear was nothing more than my cousin's idiot friend. His body guard I was hoping would be spared, but he should have figured out he was outmatched sooner.

He brings his arms down and tents his fingers together. Normally I would simply have killed you on the spot, but I enjoy your destructive...panache. If you would be so kind as to do a small job for me, I would be much appreciated, he finishes, the devilish smile has never once left his face.
Nov 25, 2015 1:21 am
Mack's businesslike smile turns into a grimace as he watches the footage. "To be fair it was the goblins who brought out the grenade, we just thought we would roll with what fate dealt us, after our somewhat misinformed decision to go in shooting." He gestures to Kessel, "Unfortunately a slip up with the city network gave us a timetable where it made sense to play it fast and, uh, shooty."

Mack tries a smile again, "And I happen to know our calendar has some room in it... So I'm sure we would be happy to help."
Last edited November 25, 2015 1:22 am
Nov 25, 2015 3:00 am
Breecha begins recording the conversation at this point, including what's visible.
Nov 25, 2015 4:36 am
Good, I'm glad we see eye to eye, Daemon says, his gaze fixed on Mack as he squirms under the sight of the vidfeed images still on the screens behind the chair. He reaches into the top drawer of his desk and produces a small data chip and inserts it into a small device on his desk. The vidscreens clear and a few scanned documents and layouts appears. The seem to be building schematics.

You see even for those in the line of business I'm in, there is plenty of competition out there. Rival gangs, entire competing operations. It seems just like the corporate sector, making a living out here is getting hard, he says. He turns and gestures to his office, Well, at least harder. This building on the screen here is the hideout of an up and coming gang. They are known so far only as the sixers. Normally these startups are easily pushed out of the market we have going here, but this group has become... persistent. I want to send them a little gift.

At this he produces a small item, that you recognize as a small anti-matter explosive. Though small, the device has enough power in it to level a small factory, such as the one displayed in the images behind Daemon. He slides it across the table. The task is simple enough, get inside the factory of the sixers, place this device in roughly the center of the structure, hit the timer, and run like hell. It practically takes care of itself.
Nov 25, 2015 6:04 am
Breecha's optics focus on the device, capturing its image and dimensions into memory for later specification retrieval (and instructions). He also dedicates a portion of his processors to looking up any information on the Sixers, including possible reference to, or etymology of, the name itself.

Of course, he isn't too concerned if he cannot find any data at this point. There will be time for more research later.
Last edited November 25, 2015 6:05 am

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(13) - 1 = 12

Nov 25, 2015 5:19 pm
Kessel makes a mental note to reach out to his contacts to get the lowdown on these Sixers. He also makes a mental note to have a word with Tymora about sending them to the den of the owner of the club they just trashed!
Nov 26, 2015 1:21 am
"Seems straightforward enough. But I'd rather go in with a bit more information. Are you the person we pester with our questions? Like who are these Sixers, and what does their floorplan look like? What are the security measures in place? What time frame are we talking about? What's the pay - or is this all goodwill - and it is a LOT of goodwill..." Mack has been ticking the questions off on his fingers as he states each in turn. He smiles, good-naturedly and gestures with his hands, "I'm sure you can imagine the inconvenience we would have if we had another conversation like this with someone farther up the crime lord food chain..."
Last edited November 26, 2015 4:03 pm
Nov 26, 2015 2:58 am
Preserver shifts uncomfortably at the thought of having to rack up a higher body count. He wants to connect to the police database and research the Sixers to find out what crimes they may have committed, but he imagines Daemon wouldn't like it if the authorities traced the access back to this location.
load next

Thread locked