Against the Cult: The Next Day (1.2)

load previous
Dec 16, 2015 10:52 pm
Klak frowns at the lawless behavior. "Perhaps we can be our own merchant caravan and drive an axe through these bandits."
Dec 16, 2015 11:00 pm
I laugh and give him a slap on the back. "Messing with a bunch of bandits? Sounds like fun. When do we leave?" I tried to take whatever wasn't nailed down in the room, but thought better of it as it is surprisingly difficult to haul a bed down a flight of stairs. My size works against me far too often. Anyways, there will be plenty of opportunities to grab some more valuable goods on the road.
Dec 17, 2015 6:04 am
Wellin looks at you bleakly. "While I would thankee for getting Black, I can not offer any other reward, as everything I own is gone." He looks disconsolate, but then adds, "I can introduce you to Rufus, the wagon maker, in case you do want to get a wagon. He might have an old one that he'd be willing to part with for cheap." Wellin receives a bunch of suggestions from the crowd around the table as to job openings that he might consider.
Dec 17, 2015 1:48 pm
Ogbar smiles when he hears Klak's suggestion, "Let's go then, we need no reward. The glory of battle is enough for me!"

He stands up and rests the handle of his greataxe on his shoulder, in clear view of everyone.

This is gonna be messy if we fight them today, Ogbar is at 6/14 HP lol
Last edited December 17, 2015 1:50 pm
Dec 17, 2015 5:59 pm
"The glory of battle is reward indeed. Those who strive, the mighty Kord shall bless!

Y'can always trust a dwarf's head in such matters. But why one caravan, why not two? Draw more bandits out to slaughter!"

I start frothing at the mouth as my ideas start to become more violent.
Dec 17, 2015 6:49 pm
I nod in seeming agreement with my fellow group members. My pockets will always find a way to be lined, despite their best efforts to the contrary and all talk of 'glory', or whatever the hell else they're going on about. I somehow manage not to roll my eyes.
Dec 18, 2015 2:59 am
"Yes, I agree. A disguise to lure the bandits out. Let us go see what Rufus can spare."
Dec 18, 2015 1:44 pm
I smile, "A better plan than usual, given that there's actually a plan."
Dec 21, 2015 1:14 pm
Morgran pats Wellin on the back. "Take this lot o'er to Rufus and find us wagons for our expedition. I'll be with you aft'r a friendly swig or two."

Morgran listens to the crowd, hoping to hear of interesting jobs, and will ask around to get more information.
Dec 21, 2015 2:51 pm
Durren listens to the merchant's account. He wants all the more to take down this bandit black - though he wonders what the bandit is doing with all the money he gets. Why does he have Kobolds in his company? The idea of luring Black in seems a good idea. "While you search for this Rufus, I will search out the trainers. If my help is needed, by all means call me back!"

OOC: I'm back! Still in and out, but hopefully more often. I'm actually only 16 and my parents cut down on my internet usage so I was literally cut off for a really long time. SS19, thanks so much for roleplaying me! U did a really spectacular job! Nailed Durren's personality exactly.
Dec 21, 2015 4:23 pm
Aanbo smiles. "I will attend to the wagon, then," he says. "Where can I find Rufus?"
Dec 22, 2015 5:32 am
I give Sara a wry grin. "Yeah, 'cuz plans always work out the way you want 'em to, right?"
Dec 23, 2015 6:46 am
Wellin gladly follows Morgran's advice and leads any party members who wish to go (Ogbar, Aanbo, Sara, Quest, Klak, Xana? Anyone else?) to visit Rufus the Wagoner (Wain Maker). Durren explores the town to find the different class trainers (any particular ones you're trying to find?), while Morgran continues to imbibe whatever spirits he can get his hands on - a good variety.

Rufus is a little slow to understand the scheme and is trying to upsell you to some fancier carriages. Folks who've gone to Rufus can attempt to persuade (roll persuasion) or explain (roll performance).
Dec 23, 2015 7:09 am
"Those are certainly of superior craftsmanship," admits Aanbo, eyeing the fancier carriages as they are shown. "But really, Sir Rufus, we are looking for something less ostentatious. Something very practical, to get us from point A to point B. A floor model, perhaps? Or something with a few good miles on it that's still serviceable?"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Dec 23, 2015 12:43 pm
"Sturdy, the wain must be. Not pretty. Carry supplies, it will...and one thraakon." Thacogygax indicates himself as he says the last. Shrugging, he explains, "Difficult it will be to disguise me as a trader. Hide in a crate or barrel I could..
Last edited December 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Dec 23, 2015 1:27 pm
"We'll be using it to set a trap for Black. See if we can't rid you of the man's influence once and for all." I add.

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Dec 23, 2015 1:43 pm
"What she said. But hey, if you wanna donate some fancy ones to the cause I ain't gonna complain. Nicer carriage means bigger bait."
Dec 24, 2015 5:34 am
Klak watches his colleagues assail the wagoneer and keeps his own counsel, certain he would not advance the cause with his direct manner.
Dec 27, 2015 8:43 pm
Rufus takes Aanbo's suggestion in stride, and walks the group over to the floor models. He begins to talk options, but is thrown off his spiel by the towering awkwardness of Thacogygax. "Barrel...?" He recovers quickly, though. "Sure, we can make a deal with Bradley - best cooper in town - right after we work out the details here."

But Sara convinces him in the end. "Oh, very well, I'll be a good citizen and help everybody else out. Suppose it will be good for business in the long run..." He begins calling apprentices over from their tasks and they begin to efficiently equip a sturdy wagon with all the tack. "I dunno what he does with the wagons...at first it seemed like Black was good for my business, but lately demand has dropped off, as people just can't afford to buy them anymore. Many merchants have left town since the trouble on the way to Orlane. I hope you do get to the bottom of it."

Soon the party is equipped with a serviceable land vehicle, and with the help of some other Hochoch residents who are already lauding you as heroes, you are able to get a pair of oxen to draw the wagon. The wainwright's journeymen created an awning cover for the wagon, to shield the cargo from rain (and occupants from view).

Durren, meanwhile, has found the location of four class trainers in town. By the time the party regroups at the Inn of Eternal Rest, Morgran is feeling pretty relaxed.
Dec 28, 2015 9:14 am
So, anything else that you want to do before setting out on Cecily's Road to conduct your masquerade? Acquire costumes, actual goods, other supplies?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.