The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

load previous
Oct 7, 2019 4:50 pm
"The old manor house up the road a piece, to the north. It used to be the home of an alchemist, but he disappeared years ago. Been deserted since then. Most folks says that it's haunted, and I believe 'em. Dirk went up there once, came back ravin' about ghosts and spirits. Poor fool's hair went stark white from terror!"
Oct 7, 2019 6:30 pm
"Peter? You mean Dirk? He hangs out at the Snapping Line, when he isn't out fishing. He's usually telling his story in exchange for ales."
Oct 7, 2019 6:49 pm
Thank you. I flip him a silver and make my way to the Snapping Line.
Oct 7, 2019 7:06 pm
WhtKnt says:
Twilliam (and anyone else in the tavern): The Wicker Goat is a two-story building with sleeping quarters on the top level. The interior is nice, though somewhat sparse, and the place is neat and clean. The food smells delicious, and your mouth begins to water as soon as you set foot inside. The female dwarf sits at your table. "So, what brings you to our little town?"

Dorsa: You walk briskly, but evenly towards the tower, which looms larger as you approach. Along the way, you pass a large building that appears to be a tannery (11). As you approach the tower, you can see that it is 60 feet in height, with a notice board out front. There are two notices on the board at current.

The first notice reads, "Explorers Wanted: Brave souls needed to explore Shaw Manor and investigate reports of haunting therein. A reward of 100 gp to each surviving member of such an expedition will be paid upon completion of the investigation and proof that the place is cleansed of spirits."

The other notices says, "Rescue! Bandits of the Dreadwood have captured one Ameri Lordquist. Her family is offering a reward of 200 gp to anyone who can return her safely. They will pay 50 gp for proof of her demise."

What are the rest of you doing?
Dorsa makes mental note of these notices and calmly walks back towards the party where she hopes to explain to them what she read on the notices.
Oct 7, 2019 8:26 pm
Pebelmis follows Twill and Marcellus into the Wicker Goat, keen to take the weight off his feet after a fair walk on the road.

Responding to the female dwarf, Pebelmis says "I have been making my way north from Sasserine, making the most of the opportunity to travel and see the world, before returning to Ironport. I've heard tell of the great library of Talgris the alchemist, which I am led to believe is near to these parts - might make an interesting distraction whilst I'm here."
Oct 8, 2019 4:58 pm
Marcellus: You follow the road to the Snapping Line (13). As you enter, a young woman standing behind the bar looks up. "Welcome to the Snapping Line. What can I get for you?

Twill and Pebelmis: "Talgris, the dwarf ponders over the name for a moment. Seems to me I've heard that name before. Oh yes, the alchemist! He used to live in the old manor to the north o' town. I believe that the town council is looking for some people to enter the house and put to rest rumors of ghosts and spirits. Offering a pretty sizable reward for it, too. I'd go meself, but my adventuring days are behind me," she sighs wistfully.
Oct 8, 2019 6:42 pm
Information, please. I'm looking for a man named Dirk.
Oct 8, 2019 8:07 pm
Marcellus: "Dirk? Aye, that's him over there, telling tall tales," she points to a corner where a man sits by the fire, surrounded by several children listening wide-eyed. The man's hair is stark-white.
Oct 8, 2019 8:29 pm
"A sizable reward, and a library! That sounds to me like a good afternoon. Twill, would you join me in such an excursion? It would be good to have company upon the road."

Turning back to the dwarf "Young lady dwarf, with whom should I talk to accept the town council's errand?"
Oct 8, 2019 10:22 pm
I am intrigued Peblemis, always have been never had someone wanting to go. I need to do a few things in town first before we'd be on on way. Drop off my things with Wallace being the least important and convincing him to be apart of the pub crawl if Kreb or Primewater come asking being the most. Definitely find out about the errand and what is needed. If we feel it's getting too late today, 'cause course we don't want to miss anything tonight, I can also go up first thing tomorrow. He picks up whatever food from the table he hasn't finished and pays his tab. Lady Copperlocks, I would love to hear your tales one day. Foes and fights, woes and rights! Please let us have lunch again in the next few weeks if you'd be free. I will be back here as soon as I can Peblemis.

Twilliam drops off his things at The Slapping Line. Taking what he needs of course in a smaller day bag. Weapons rations and the like. He hopefully convinces Wallace to be part of the pub crawl. He most likely saw De Artigan talking to Dirk and was surprised to see it, he's seen Dirk at The Slapping Line before, but he seems older now a little worn down he tries to listen in if he can (and if the timing is right)
OOC:
I'd assume last time Twiliam was here Dirk hadn't gone up to the Manor 'cause he would have heard the story.
Last edited October 9, 2019 12:50 am

Rolls

Persuasion (if wanted/needed, Copperlocks/Wallace) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

1d20+6 : (11) + 6 = 17

Oct 9, 2019 1:18 am
Twilliam: As you enter the Snapping Line, the woman standing behind the bar looks up. "What'll you have?"

Marcellus: Dirk notices your approach and pauses in his yarn spinning. "Yah?"

Pebelmis: "Person to talk to would be Eliander."
Oct 9, 2019 12:58 pm
I hold up a gold coin. I’m just interested in your story, friend. The truth. No embellishments.
Oct 9, 2019 8:47 pm
"Why thank you. And if I might trouble you further, where might I find this Eliander?"
Oct 10, 2019 10:40 pm
Marcellus: The man takes the coin and bites down on it. Seemingly satisfied, he pockets it and replies, "I wuz esplorin' the old Shaw place about a week or so ago. Never put much stock in it bein' haunted, until now. I see'd some lights in the windas so I thought I'd take a look see. I came in tha back door, on the patio, and I heared this eerie voice telling me to get out. I did, and I didn't look back! I swear that all the demons in the Nine Hells was chasin' me!"

Pebelmis: "Eriander is usually in the large tower to the northeast of town. "
Oct 11, 2019 1:27 pm
I stare at the man, trying to tell if he is lying or leaving anything out.

Rolls

insight - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Oct 11, 2019 4:00 pm
Marcellus: So far as you can determine, he is being entirely honest. He seems genuinely frightened, and his hair is stark white.
Oct 11, 2019 10:49 pm
WhtKnt says:
Marcellus: The man takes the coin and bites down on it. Seemingly satisfied, he pockets it and replies, "I wuz esplorin' the old Shaw place about a week or so ago. Never put much stock in it bein' haunted, until now. I see'd some lights in the windas so I thought I'd take a look see. I came in tha back door, on the patio, and I heared this eerie voice telling me to get out. I did, and I didn't look back! I swear that all the demons in the Nine Hells was chasin' me!"

Pebelmis: "Eriander is usually in the large tower to the northeast of town. "
After hearing this, Dorsa turns on her heel and heads for the large tower to find Eriander.
Oct 12, 2019 9:57 am
"Thank you, Lady Copperlocks"

Seeing Dorsa head for the door, Pebelmis asks her "Are you heading for the tower?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.