The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

load previous
Oct 12, 2019 2:22 pm
WhtKnt says:
Twilliam: As you enter the Snapping Line, the woman standing behind the bar looks up. "What'll you have?"

Marcellus: Dirk notices your approach and pauses in his yarn spinning. "Yah?"

Pebelmis: "Person to talk to would be Eliander."
Suzetta! Yes! I was wondering if I could speak to Wallace if he's awake. Twill grins stupidly big. If not. An ale and a room for my stay?
Oct 12, 2019 7:55 pm
discourage says:
"Thank you, Lady Copperlocks"

Seeing Dorsa head for the door, Pebelmis asks her "Are you heading for the tower?"
"Yes! Are you coming with me?" she asks Pebelmis.
Oct 12, 2019 8:00 pm
OOC:
Actually, Dorsa, you just came from there. You can certainly return if you like.
Twilliam: The girl cocks an eyebrow and says, "I'm Hanna. Wallace retired six months ago and sold me the whole business. I'm the new owner of the Snapping Line. He went north to Seaton, something about wanting to see the world before he died. Given what I paid for this place, I'd say that he is well on his way to the Nyr Dyv, but now."
Oct 14, 2019 2:00 pm
I turn to the tavern. Anybody who cares to join me, I will be headed to the home of the Shaw's, for a supposed haunting.
I then look at Dirk. Where might I find this home?
Oct 14, 2019 2:59 pm
There is a decided lack of volunteers among the patronage. Most give a casual glance up, then return to their beers. "Up the road ta th' north," Dirk replies. "'Bout three miles from town."
Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm
I nod to Dirk. I then look around one more time for volunteers and leave, headed for the house.
Oct 14, 2019 9:00 pm
Catching up with Dorsa, Pebelmis says "Yes I'm coming. I'd like to speak with this Eriander about the haunted library"
Oct 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Marcellus: Dirk sneers. "Yer goin' up there on yer own? Who's yer next o' kin sos I can notify 'em?" This elicits a chuckle from several of the patrons, though they quickly sober up if Marcellus glances at them.
Oct 17, 2019 7:44 am
Dorsa smiles at Pebelmis and walks twice as fast to keep up with Pebelmis' stride.
Oct 17, 2019 7:45 am
Tani sent a note to discourage
Oct 18, 2019 7:24 pm
"No problem. I'm in no rush"
Oct 18, 2019 7:41 pm
Dorsa and Peblemis: The walk back to the tower is fairly short. A knock on the door of the tower brings a giant of a man in response; barrel-chested and sporting a peg-leg, with dark hair and dark eyes. "Can I help you?" he asks rather pointedly.

Marcellus: You head out of town on the North road, in the direction you have been given. A few curious townsfolk (mostly children) follow you for the first mile or so, but as you near the place, they trail off until it is just you. (If you are going to go it alone, I'm going to open a new thread for you.)
Oct 18, 2019 9:22 pm
"Good day to you sir. We have come in search of a Mr Eliander, concerning hauntings and libraries"
Oct 21, 2019 3:40 pm
OOC:
I'm not sure if anyone is joining me. What do I see as I approach, just based off of my passive perception?
Oct 21, 2019 6:48 pm
Pebelmis and Dorsa: "Well then, you've come to the right place. I am Eliander. I assume you are inquiring about the haunted house?"

Marcellus: The manor stands at the edge of a cliff overlooking the sea. It appears run-down, but still quite sturdy. A small wall surrounds the grounds, and you can see the remains of a small garden (now overrun with weeds) and a well just behind the house.
Oct 21, 2019 6:51 pm
Before I enter the grounds, I look around for any traps.

Rolls

investigation - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Oct 21, 2019 6:57 pm
Nope, no apparent traps. Let me switch you over to a new thread. Stand by. Okay, this is it.
Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm
"Ah well, good day to you Eliander. I am Pebelmis, this here is Dorsa" he gestures to the gnome "I've heard there's good money at stake for investigation of a haunted library. I am in for good money and good libraries both."
Oct 22, 2019 5:05 pm
"You've heard right. the town council is interested in having the alchemist's house investigated. And yes, there is rumored to be a library there, though I don't put much stock in rumors. It's also rumored to be haunted by the spirits of the dead. The council is offering a reward of 100 gp to anyone who will investigate the house and put to rest these rumors of spirits once and for all. You would be entitled to anything you find."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.