Part 1: The Innocence of Summer

load previous
Dec 6, 2019 1:09 pm
"I think what our esteemed captain is trying to say is: We are Lancers now, not trainees. It isn't our duty to run and find shelter while others deal with the problem at hand." Oracle says with his usual monotony, but a glint in his good eye shows an eagerness to explore and test their capabilities. "We are the front-liners now. It is time for us to step up and embrace that."
Dec 6, 2019 3:26 pm
"Did you just imply I was running?" A flash of anger overtook Kells, but she stopped short of actually getting violent. "I proposed two solutions, getting armed, and finding mechs. I'm not hearing a better suggestion from anyone else. I also respected the chain of command. Unless the Captain is implying I am derelict in my duty for following protocol." Kells turned back to the Captain, "Is that what you meant to imply?" It was a challenge, and also a clarification.
Last edited December 7, 2019 12:43 pm
Dec 7, 2019 7:47 am
oopsylon sent a note to Melanqolia

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Dec 7, 2019 11:44 am
Melanqolia sent a note to oopsylon
Melanqolia sent a note to BedzoneII
Dec 7, 2019 12:46 pm
BedzoneII sent a note to Melanqolia

Rolls

Secret Roll

Dec 7, 2019 1:15 pm
Melanqolia sent a note to BedzoneII
Dec 7, 2019 1:16 pm
Melanqolia sent a note to oopsylon
Dec 7, 2019 1:16 pm
"Uhh...no? I was simply implying that I was curious and wanted to know what did that. I'm surprised you aren't."
Dec 7, 2019 2:18 pm
OOC:
Are there any distinguishing marks for one way or the other in the hall? Can we tell what direction the explosion came from?
Dec 7, 2019 2:23 pm
OOC:
explosion came from further up and toward the centre of the spire-like compound
Dec 7, 2019 2:24 pm
OOC:
So we would know generally which direction to head to get closer to it and also therefore which way to get away from it?
Dec 7, 2019 3:15 pm
Chris looks at his hands but just shakes his head in frustration.

"Hey uh.... Oracle right? Seems to me that you have a way with tech and information. Any chance you can get us to the closest armory or mech hanger so we can get our hands on somethin that'll help us deal with whatever is up the spire?"

He pauses only momentarily to look the direction of the chaos "Something we can get to quick like?" his drawl more obvious as his adrenaline spikes.
Dec 7, 2019 3:20 pm
Glancing at the ruined door controls he had attempted to force open, He fixes Chris with his good eye and tells him, "I'll see what I can do."
"Access holographic mapping and pathfinding procedures." Oracles internally commands his AI. "We need to find the fastest, and possibly safest, routes to nearby hangers and armories."
"Running Pathfinder subroutines... please wait..."
OOC:
I would hope that Oracle has been around long enough to have a good map of the Academy already uploaded, but if that's not the case, here's a hack or fix roll.

EDIT: WHY HAVE THE DICE GODS FORSAKEN ME?!
Last edited December 7, 2019 3:21 pm

Rolls

Find them weapons! - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Dec 7, 2019 3:23 pm
Ziggy watches the exchange after the door opens, but he slides into the hallway, looking toward the spire. "I say we investigate. People could be in trouble and need medical help." He takes the captain's words to be tacit approval and moves down the hallway.
Dec 8, 2019 1:02 pm
Kells rolled her eyes, "Right, so that’s the plan, let’s go then." She might not have agreed with it, but since they were a squad she didn’t think twice before dashing towards the source of the explosion sound.
Last edited December 13, 2019 11:56 pm

Rolls

Get Somewhere Fast - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Dec 13, 2019 9:40 pm
OOC:
WHOOOPSSSSSS, I'll get a post out tonight
Dec 14, 2019 10:10 pm
Oracle had spent several years at this building....but still lead them into a cleaning cupboard instead of an armoury a depressing amount of times. After more time than it should have but nearly as much as it could have thanks to Kells, you all arrive at the armoury with the hanger just past that. Your designed mechs were currently being 3d printed.
Dec 15, 2019 8:11 pm
Kit bursts into applause as they reach the armoury. "Excellent tour, Oracle! Really eye-opening! I never knew there were so many cupboards here!" His tone is so earnest that it’s difficult to tell whether he’s being sarcastic or not.
Dec 15, 2019 8:20 pm
There's a brief moment where Oracle just stands there, staring straight ahead.
"My path-finding subroutines appear to be flawed. I will have to spend some time debugging to figure out what went wrong." he says in way of explanation.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.