Part 1: The Innocence of Summer

load previous
Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm
Anna leant back in the chair, smiling with interest "Oh? You want to know about me? Not much to know that isn't classified"
Nov 20, 2019 10:26 pm
Almost as soon as Anna finished speaking, the a metal plate slams down in the door way as the windows are suddenly covered in armoured gratings, almost no light coming through. The lights go out and one singular light causes the room to cycle between dim red light and complete darkness. The whole building shakes as an impact wracks the building.

A single message flashes on all screens in the room. The massive words filled the screen: WARNING: INTRUSION DETECTED. LOCK-DOWN INITIATED.
Nov 20, 2019 10:41 pm
Kit screeches in surprise and alarm. He attempts to hide under the table as the lights begin to flash and the building begins to shake.
Nov 20, 2019 10:56 pm
Chris jumps a bit at the sudden alarm and hollers "Hot d*mn. What is that?!"
Nov 20, 2019 11:57 pm
"It appears to be an alarm," Oracle states humorlessly. Looking to Anna, he asks her, "Well, Captain. Are there any protocols to follow in this situation or should we consider this another test?"
Nov 21, 2019 12:15 am
Ziggy barely budges, but stares at the others. "It's not an atmo breech, so how bad can it be?" Internally, he checks his memory for how they'd best get to safety. "Anybody have a portable light with them?"
Last edited November 21, 2019 12:15 am
Nov 21, 2019 8:50 am
Anna bolts out of her seat, looking to all the exits "God fucking dammit!" she looks to all four of them "That was a LARGE explosion,, this is definitely not a test."

She starts pacing "Alright...first things first...these doors shouldn't have shut."
Nov 21, 2019 11:14 am
"Stingers, standby." Kells seemed to be giving a command to some unseen person or thing. What happened next was the necklace she was wearing, or at least what Kit had thought was a necklace, began to light up, and come apart, hovering in mid-air. The smaller orbs whirled around the larger central one, the entire thing looking like some abstract model of electron orbitals around a nucleus. At least a few of the orbitals continued to project light, which gave the room some illumination. The entire thing seemed to be based on and take inspiration from the basic Nexus technology of drone colony swarms.
OOC:
RPing Kells' personal drone for flavour, if that's ok
Nov 21, 2019 11:42 am
"I knew it!" declares Kit, from where he is crouched under the table. "The necklace was a trick!" He does not seem overly upset by this information and, in fact, crawls out from under the table to get a better look at Kells’ glittering swarm of tiny drones. They’re very pretty. He looks over his shoulder at his own useless, vandalised drone and frowns. "I don’t think mine does this…"
Last edited November 21, 2019 11:47 am
Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm
Ziggy moves to the door and holds the back of his hand against it, feeling for extreme heat or cold.
Nov 23, 2019 3:15 pm
Chris looks around the room, trying to determine what other modes of egress may exist.
OOC:
What kind've check would it be to survey the room for like an air vent or something?
Nov 23, 2019 6:33 pm
OOC:
I'm not gonna make you roll for that, vents aren't exactly hard to spot
A vent is in the center of the top of the room, about 3m above the ground. Too high to just jump.

The door feels no more different from usual, the explosion had been in another section of the building
OOC:
Oh, also, to clarify, you are planetside, so outside is not a vacuum.
Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm
Kit couldn't help but chuckle a little, despite the circumstances, patting Kit on the shoulder. "If we survive this, I'll help see if we can get one for you."
Nov 24, 2019 1:27 am
Chris "hmmmms" a bit as he looks about the room.
OOC:
What about throwing a chair at the window to see if it breaks?
Nov 24, 2019 1:36 am
"Thank you, Captain, but I don't need more eyes watching me."

Kit sees Chris looking for a way out. The vent is too high to reach but... "If I stood on your shoulders, I think I could reach the vent, Mister Rush, sir."
Last edited November 25, 2019 3:55 am
Nov 24, 2019 6:36 am
Kells sent her drone swarm to hover over Kit. "If you're intending to climb into the vent, you'll still need light." Then, thinking aloud to the others, "An attack or breach? It's the only reason why an emergency lockdown would initiate. It sounded like something outside, so the blast doors are meant to protect us, which should mean we still can release the doors from within." Kells looked for an internal override mechanism.
Last edited November 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Rolls

Investigate - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Nov 24, 2019 11:50 am
OOC:
I mean...you COULD throw a chair at the window but you are quite high up and the chair would definitely bounce back (bulletproof glass).

Kells, you don't find one.
Nov 24, 2019 3:05 pm
Ziggy says, "Doors not hot, so no fire on other side yet. Safe to break through." He looks for a control panel, while mentally checking the tools he has on him. "Maybe we can jury rig an override."
Nov 24, 2019 3:26 pm
Kells nodded and moved to the door control panel with Ziggy, and begun to see if they could dismantle it.

Rolls

Hack or Fix - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Nov 24, 2019 3:32 pm
The control panel is now in pieces, many wires behind it now exposed to Kells
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.