Part 1: The Innocence of Summer

load previous
Oct 23, 2019 11:53 pm
"The pleasure's mine..... Ziggy was it? Lookin forward ta workin with ya." Chris nods friendly at the final member of the group. "So now that we have the niceties out of the way, anyone know what were lookin for or how this works?" Chris looks around the room, looking for a button or something to press to get someone's attention outside of the group.
Oct 24, 2019 3:10 am
"What about that thing?" says Kit, inclining his head toward the UDP lying on the table. "Can we open it now?"
Oct 24, 2019 3:49 am
Ziggy suggests, "Where I came from, no lock was meant for me. But here, the rules are different. Still, we were sent to this room in particular."
Last edited October 24, 2019 3:50 am
Oct 24, 2019 3:51 am
"Just waiting for the briefing. Always a briefing. And a mech. Give us the mechs." Kells watched the time.
Oct 24, 2019 2:07 pm
It was at that moment that someone walked into the room, someone noticeably not very formal. Someone that came in holding their head and talking groggily "Alright, fine. I'm here, Jane, why did I need to come h-" She pauses and freezes before turning around into a door that slid shut in front of her, lock turning red "nonononono, Jane, please. Not this, anything but this! Is it because I went out drinking? I won't drink ever again, please..."

Once she noticed that her pleas were falling on deaf ears, she let out a loud sigh and turned a chair around, sitting on it backwards, not even saying anything to the assembled group, moving sunglasses down over her eyes.
Oct 25, 2019 2:04 am
Hanova eyed the newcomer, who seemed to be responding to some kind of instructions, which probably made her not clueless unlike the rest of them in the room, but said nothing.
Oct 25, 2019 2:30 am
"Captain!" Ziggy stands and salutes, waiting for the salute to be dismissed.

Well she isn't enthused about this, and if she was out drinking, either this mission is a disaster before it started, or she's simply training a bunch of green recruits. I'm not sure which is worse.
Oct 25, 2019 5:35 am
Kit glances between his teammates and this new person, slowly reaching for the UDP.
"…Can I open it now?" he asks, though it is unclear which of them he is seeking permission from.
Last edited October 25, 2019 8:26 am
Oct 26, 2019 7:28 pm
Chris stands less quickly than Ziggy but gives a respectful salute, and waits to be put at ease before sitting back down. "ma'm." he says with his deep gruff voice.
Oct 26, 2019 7:32 pm
Oracle stands at attention as the supposed captain enters. Seeing her sit and more or less ignore the others puts himself at ease and observes her for a moment.
Also seeing that Kit won't be able to hold back for long and that their newest addition didn't seem likely to interact with them, nods at Kit. "Go ahead, Kit. Let's see what we have."
Oct 26, 2019 11:58 pm
Kit needs no further encouragement. The UDP vanishes from the tabletop in the blink of an eye and, within moments, Kit is using his watch to access whatever information is inside.
Oct 27, 2019 12:48 am
Hanova continued to sit where she was. If this was their captain for an upcoming mission, it seemed she'd let them know when she was good and ready.
Oct 27, 2019 10:57 pm
As soon as she saw the salutes, the woman jumped up and batted their hands back down "no saluting, no ma'am-ing, call me Anna, I'm your commanding officer, not that I like it. If Jane went through the effort to chuck me in here, it must be somewhat important, for me and or you."

She sat back down, shades staying on her head "In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not doing the best right now. This room is way too bright and my head is pounding. The UDP will tell you what you need to know."

The UDP wasn't they interesting, for the most part. It wed mostly standard operating jargon and the basic rules and such you'd already had drilled into you.

The interesting parts came when there was a file named 'Squad Lockdown'. It had a password.
Oct 27, 2019 11:57 pm
Ziggy sits when she lunges at them, and leans back, trying to mimic her casual style. When the password comes up, he suggests, "Try our squad letters, 12AFT5."
Oct 28, 2019 12:01 am
Kit tries ‘12AFT5’ as Ziggy suggested.
Oct 28, 2019 12:33 am
Hanova eyed Anna, who looked like she had a rough night. The recruits themselves hadn't had a chance to celebrate after their graduation. Maybe there was a good bar where real Lancers hung out.

She tapped her own UDC as well, and tried their password.
Nov 3, 2019 1:27 pm
The password didn't work. Anna just chuckled a little "Did you seriously just try that? Do people usually put their passwords on a label next to the lock?" She then got up and smirked "You gotta think a little more abstractly, I remember this test"
Nov 3, 2019 2:10 pm
With a slightly annoyed look at the Captain, Oracle gets closer to Kit to look at the UDC. Calculate out standard UDC password lengths and all possible combinations that might be relevant. He communicates to his internal AI. Then, narrow down selections to items most likely to be picked as a test by the Lancer Program.
DarkReaver1998 sent a note to Melanqolia
Understood. Calculating...
Last edited November 3, 2019 2:11 pm

Rolls

Hack and Fix +2 - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Nov 3, 2019 2:24 pm
There was a loading bar before several files appeared alongside a popup message that congratulates you for completing your first test while also chastising you for taking the easy way out instead of completing the test. However, at the bottom, in tiny font, you are complimented for thinking outside the box.
Nov 3, 2019 2:32 pm
So this is another test? I thought we were done with tests. Kells was annoyed that graduation still presented obstacles to getting to their mission and their mech. It made no sense to her to be allocated an assignment, then be prevented from participating. She waited quizically for further instructions from the captain.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.