Part 1: The Innocence of Summer

load previous
Nov 3, 2019 11:10 pm
More tests? Kit scowls and relinquishes the UDP to Oracle. The cyborg seems far better equipped to deal with whatever's on there than Kit is...
Nov 3, 2019 11:16 pm
Oracle takes the UDP from Kit, placing a paternal hand on his shoulder. He begins to sift through the files, compiling everything to give everyone a concise summary of its contents.
Nov 5, 2019 5:50 pm
Anna smirked at them as she saw their expressions one at a time "Trust me, kids. We've all been there. It gets a lot better, though the tests never quite go away, only change form"
Nov 6, 2019 10:50 am
While Oracle reads whatever is in the files, Kit decides to stand up on his chair and read over his shoulder. Oracle is reading very fast (it must be the clever robot bits of him, thinks Kit), but Kit catches a few words here and there as Oracle scans through the files one by one.

When the rude captain lady with the sunglasses mentions that there will be more tests, Kit growls under his breath. He does not like this lady much, though he likes her sunglasses quite a bit... (They are shiny... very shiny... Kit can see his reflection in them.) He wonders how to remove them from her face without her noticing and, distracted, forgets to keep reading over Oracle’s shoulder. When he finally looks back at the UDP, Oracle is already closing the last file...
Last edited November 6, 2019 11:01 am
Nov 6, 2019 12:23 pm
Seeing that the captain was content to sit there and make remarks at them, Kells sat back as well. She wasn't going to second guess her nor whether this was another test or not.
Nov 6, 2019 1:54 pm
Ziggy waits patiently, a trait long perfected by long periods alone in the dark. His face slackens, his eyes blank. But inward he tries to make sense of this scenario. Adaptability. Teamwork. Ingenuity? Perhaps.
Nov 7, 2019 5:10 pm
Anna sees their expressions, especially Kit's. She feels a little guilty and definitely sympathises. "Okay, here's what's going to happen: we are going to sit here, probably get to know each other or something. At some point, there will be a message to all of us which will be where we are staying for the meanwhile and what we will be doing to start off with. I've only been on your end so I'm not quite sure on everything."
Nov 8, 2019 12:42 am
"Clearest instructions I've heard so far, thank you." Kells added her last words so as not to seem to annoyed at the current state of affairs, and also not to appear disrespectful to their captain. She settled back down to wait. From her experience, half the time spent on any mission was the waiting.
Nov 8, 2019 1:05 am
The files contained information on their role as a squad and what gear a licence 0 pilot has access to. It also contains apps for each pilot to download in order to operate the printers on base, as well as each of their login details. Every aspect of their Everest mechs was customisable, down from the colours and the trim up to the angle of a single piece of plating.
Nov 8, 2019 1:10 am
Oracle relays the information, omitting the log-in information, which each member of the group notices shows up on their watch in an encrypted email.
Nov 8, 2019 1:50 am
"That's the ticket, time for some fun." Chris muses, looking over the customization options and already running through how he can lighten the basic unit to make it faster, a wicked grin spreads across his face as the adrenaline already begins to pump.
Nov 8, 2019 3:03 am
Kit sits back down, regarding Anna with curiosity. "Do you have your own squad then, Miss Anna? Since you said you’ve done this before…"
Nov 9, 2019 12:23 am
Kells noted the technical specifications. These were mechs with basic functionalities, but they'd still be a step up from what Kells had been used to operating. She reviewed her equipment and modifications, and began to use the app to customise her mech.

And since Anna herself had said that they were to sit and wait for mission instructions, Kells continued to do exactly that.
Nov 9, 2019 2:25 am
Ziggy examines the details and focussing on the licenses, is disappointed briefly. He's worked with better. However, he quickly realizes something. "Solid specs. I get we're green recruits, unproven. We, I, will demonstrate our capabilities, captain."
Nov 9, 2019 11:36 am
"Those are the faces I expected." Anna lets out a smile as she turns to Kit "Yes, I do have a squad, though we aren't used all too often thanks to the...speciality...of some of my members, which is probably why I'm helping you guys and gals and not on a mission."
Nov 9, 2019 1:38 pm
Kells' ears perked up at the mention of Anna's squad. Finally some mention of active missions. "You will find that we have our specialities too."
Last edited November 9, 2019 1:38 pm
Nov 10, 2019 5:57 pm
"So, this it?" Chris asks to no one in particular. He looks about the room, "We got our mechs, how's about we get this rodeo started? I wanna rrrrroll." his knee that had been bouncing lightly ever since he started looking at the mechs picks up speed, patience is blatantly not this man's game.
Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm
Anna smiles a little at their enthusiasm "Unfortunately, we are kinda stuck in this room until someone else comes in...how about you guys get to know each other? It'll be invaluable later on"
Nov 13, 2019 11:35 pm
"We had a chance to do that already. We haven't had a chance to get to know our captain though." Kells looked directly at Anna.
Nov 14, 2019 12:52 am
Ziggy waits for his turn to review the doc file, but agrees with Kells. "I agree with Kells," he says, by way of this explaining said agreement with Kells.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.