The Haunted House (Marcellus)

load previous
May 25, 2020 12:49 am
Okay, are you just resting right here?
May 25, 2020 3:36 am
Yes, I guess we would make the most defensible position in this area, and we would rest a little.
May 25, 2020 3:42 am
"See if we can't close this hidden door," says Katlynntaine, testing if a cot can be moved. "Maybe a temporary barricade with this furniture in case these fellows had more friends below."
May 25, 2020 8:45 am
"I agree, we're best off minimizing our chances of getting jumped... again" says Zel as he moves to assist Kat.
OOC:
I'm fine myself, but wouldn't mind resting if the others need to
May 25, 2020 10:46 am
Feng starts to move furniture, Good block. and then rests.
May 25, 2020 7:27 pm
The cots are easily moved and a makeshift barricade is quickly constructed. And a good thing, too, because barely 20 minutes into your rest, you hear the sounds of talking from beyond the barricade. There are at least three people discussing the presence of interlopers. They mention a name, Sanbalet, referring to him as "the Boss" and someone is dispatched to inform said individual about the barricade (and presumably, the intruders).
May 25, 2020 8:33 pm
After hearing the converstion, No Bode Well. Feng feels much better and is ready for action after a short break of rest. His halberd is ready for action. Do we go that way? Referring to go past the barricade.
Last edited May 25, 2020 8:36 pm
May 25, 2020 8:46 pm
OOC:
To be clear, you do not gain any benefits from your rest, as you are interrupted at only 20 minutes in. From the conversation, it is apparent that the men do not know for certain that you are present, but they do strongly suspect something.
May 25, 2020 9:00 pm
OOC:
Okay. Yeah I didn't get that.

Feng asks We Move?
May 25, 2020 11:11 pm
Zel looks around. "I'm good to go, didn't quite need the rest myself anyway really"
May 26, 2020 1:25 am
Katlynntaine looks at her companions. "I'm tapped, going to need a decent rest before I can petition the All-Father for another blessing.

"I don't know, perhaps we need to fall back to that basement area, the one with the stairs leading to the surface? If these bandits or brigands decide to breach the barricade, we can shoot some arrows and sling some minor spells while we fight our way out."
May 26, 2020 2:44 am
OOC:
Just a quick note, there are also stairs leading to the surface in this room, but no one has yet explored them.
May 26, 2020 6:54 am
"That will only give them time to regroup and organize" says Zel, shaking his head. "I say we push through while we still have the element of surprise."
May 26, 2020 3:45 pm
Keung-Ru just sits and listens not having a desire to leave or stay and perfectly willing to go where the majority decides they want to go. For in his mind he sees it just as being pretty much like everything in life there are always pros and cons to the options one must choose from.
Last edited May 26, 2020 3:47 pm
May 26, 2020 3:52 pm
Katlynntaine looks at the wounded. "I don't think we have surprise, since they seem to already know there's trouble. Anyone else have an opinion?"
May 26, 2020 3:58 pm
Feng simply says Rest is Good.
May 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Keung-Ru shrugs and replies, "Its a mixed bag of worms on one hand we know they are here and they have suspicions that we are here and are sending word to their boss. We go forward now and we may not be strong enough to face them as is, however if we wait then they will know for sure we have been here and they may get much more prepared for our potential return. So the question then will be are we strong enough to confront them when they are fully prepared. Time simply may not be a friend to us in this situation but it is hard to say. I mean they may just opt to simply pull up stakes and clear out, not wishing to risk having local authorities potentially get involved. Then again maybe they own a few of those local authorities and they can afford to confront us in an amplified hostile manner. It is a tough call either way, but I follow your lead."
Last edited May 26, 2020 7:16 pm
May 26, 2020 7:29 pm
So many words, Feng appears confused.
May 26, 2020 7:35 pm
Katlynntaine stares at Keung-Ru. "That's an awful lot of talk for having no opinion."
May 27, 2020 2:10 am
Keung-Ru smiles and shrugs, "It is basically a no opinion on whether we push forward or pull back but I did try to cover all the pros and cons as well as let you know I respect your decision."

You do not have permission to post in this thread.