The Haunted House (Marcellus)

load previous
Nov 4, 2019 7:41 pm
From here, you could enter the rear of the house through a door, you can continue around the house to the front and go in that way, or there is another door off a cracked and overgrown patio.
Nov 4, 2019 9:49 pm
"This door seems as good an entrance as any" says Pebelmis advancing towards the rear door.
Nov 5, 2019 3:10 pm
The door is unlocked and opens easily, though with a creaking that is enough to wake the dead and you wince visibly, thinking that any chance of surprising the ghosts is gone. It opens into a dark and narrow 5-foot wide corridor that goes west for 15 feet and then turns south. There is a door on the north wall at the turn. (A map will be posted later today.)
Nov 5, 2019 4:05 pm
I am sure to follow behind Pebelmis.
Nov 8, 2019 6:07 am
Dorsa follows in the footsteps of her new adventuring friends. Though she is a little suspicious of some, she is beginning to trust Pebelmis more and more. She looks about them as they move, first to the left and then the right, and then behind just to be sure.
Nov 10, 2019 6:36 pm
"Guess we should check the rooms as we go" says Pebelmis opening the door to his right (top left room of the house).
Nov 12, 2019 4:25 am
This kitchen is dirty and damp, with patches of gray mold and cobwebs on the floor, walls, and ceiling. In the southwest corner is some iron cooking equipment with a chimney above. Next to it, under the window, is a cracked and discolored stone sink.

To the right of the sink, a small, closed wooden cupboard is fixed to the wall about five feet above floor level.

Against the far wall, a flight of wooden stairs leads upward from west to east; the woodwork of the staircase is decayed, and a few of the treads are missing.

A door on the east wall leads into what may be a pantry.
Nov 12, 2019 2:38 pm
I move into the kitchen to investigate the closed cabinet.

Rolls

investigation - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Nov 14, 2019 6:44 am
Dorsa moves even closer to Pebelmis.
Nov 18, 2019 9:04 pm
The cabinet proves to be empty, save for a broken plate. However, as you move to investigate the cupboard, a quartet of centipedes emerges from beneath the sink and hiss menacingly. Everyone give me an initiative roll, please.

Rolls

Centipedes' Initiative (they go as a group) - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Nov 18, 2019 9:32 pm
Ahh

Rolls

initiative - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 29, 2019 10:09 pm
OOC:
We've lost Pebelmis, and I've no idea what happened to Dorsa. I'm going to try to stir up some interest. Stand by.
Dec 10, 2019 7:38 pm
OOC:
Newcomers, welcome! Would you like to just assume that you decided to come to the house and join the other two, or shall we go through the process of introductions in town?
Dec 16, 2019 1:15 am
The newcomers follow the trail into the kitchen of the old house, their footfalls scaring the centipedes off.

This kitchen is dirty and damp, with patches of gray mold and cobwebs on the floor, walls, and ceiling. In the southwest corner is some iron cooking equipment with a chimney above. Next to it, under the window, is a cracked and discolored stone sink.

To the right of the sink, a small, closed wooden cupboard is fixed to the wall about five feet above floor level.

Against the far wall, a flight of wooden stairs leads upward from west to east; the woodwork of the staircase is decayed, and a few of the treads are missing.

A door on the east wall leads into what may be a pantry.

A map can be found here.
Dec 16, 2019 2:18 am
The aged dwarf sniffs the air, feet planted firmly on the floor in a wide stance. Thick fur adorns the pauldrons of her scaled armor, which cinches at the waist with a wide belt. Her shield is plain and battered, and the warhammer at her side is unremarkable, yet practical. The only thing that seems to shine on her person is the gleaming symbol of an anvil topped with flame, marking Katlynntaine Khuldru-Grar as a worshipper of Moradin All-Father.

"Now that," she says, as she points to the cupboard, "ain't sized for a dwarf." She rubs her nose and assesses the condition of the kitchen with an appraising eye, her thoughts turning to what a good remodeling could do to this place.

She turns to the others in the room, silently intuiting their thoughts on the dilapidated mansion.
Dec 16, 2019 4:47 am
Having stealthy followed the stout dwarf into the house, his six foot slim frame allowed him to easily look over her head into the room. His vibrantly blue eyes flecked with gold took in the room with keen awareness. To the dwarf's comment he quips in accented Common that clearly speaks of his Elven heritage, "No it does not appear this house was built for, or even by a dwarf nor by any of the even shorter races for that matter." His rather plain attire that nearly blends into the background was a stark contrast to that of the dwarf's that stood before him.

When Keung-Ru had heard about this house from a tavern goer who was recounting Dirk's story of ghosts and the rumor of a grand library well he could not resist the call. Still he was a bit surprised to find so much interest in the place. Still the coincidental interest was actually good omen now on the other hand that brewing storm that popped just before entering the house well that was an ill omen. So a truly mixed bag of indeterminates this one was and was definitely going to be interesting to see how it all played out.
Last edited December 16, 2019 4:52 am
Dec 29, 2019 2:52 am
OOC:
We've waited long enough to move this forward...
Adventure beckons. if you are still here, give me a direction, please.
Dec 29, 2019 3:17 am
I open the door in the room behind us.
Dec 29, 2019 3:21 am
OOC:
Do we post rolls here? Also for things we do not know about are we making the rolls or are you?
'Well I wonder what is behind that door', Keung-Ru thinks to himself but just as he is about to move towards it and check it out, the other guy just walks over and opens it up. 'Okay, so caution is not his middle name,' he thinks and readies himself for action just in case there is something nasty behind the door or the mere opening of it might cause something nasty to happen.
Last edited December 29, 2019 3:22 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.