The Adventure Begins...

load previous
Jun 1, 2020 10:08 pm
Nodding his head, Cassian moves forward. Have an arrow ready... just in case. Let's scare it off if we can. Continuing down the trail Cass keeps his eyes on the wolf and his hand near the hilt of his sword.
Jun 2, 2020 1:27 am
As you close with the wolf, it swiftly becomes apparent that this is no ordinary wolf! This creature stands five feet at the shoulder and has a massive head and slavering jaws. When you are within 100 feet, the wolf turns to look at you, evil intent glittering in its eyes. This is a worg!

Happs immediately drops into a defensive position, bringing his longbow to bear. The arrow is fired and hits the beast in the side, but the arrowhead does not penetrate the thick hide. Happs drops his bow and draws his dagger as the worg seems almost to smile evilly. "My turn," it says in a throaty growl. It turns and charges at the pair!

Reaching you in two bounds, it sinks its teeth deeply into Happs' leg, causing the man to cry out in pain! In the same move, it takes Happs' leg out from underneath him and the ranger falls prone!

Rolls

Happs' initiative - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Cass' initiative - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Worg's initiative - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Happs vs. worg - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Worg vs. Happs - (1d20+9)

(9) + 9 = 18

Worg damage - (1d6+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Worg trip attempt - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Jun 2, 2020 5:50 pm
Cassian leaps forward as Happs hits the ground. Swinging his shield in a quick bash attack, Cassian draws his sword and follows up with a swift strike
OOC:
Subtracting 2 from the total makes the Shield Bash makes it an 18
Last edited June 2, 2020 5:54 pm

Rolls

Shield Bash - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Damage (if attack is successful) - (1d3+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Sword Attack - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Damage (if attack is successful) - (1d8+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Jun 3, 2020 5:37 pm
Your shield smacks the worg square in the face, even as your sword bites deep into its flesh. Seizing his chance, Happs attempts to stab the creature in the side with his dagger. He also manages to get past the thick hide to wound the creature. The worg, wounded but still fighting, now attacks you! The teeth sink deeply into your side and the worg twists, dragging you to the ground also. (You are prone.)

Rolls

Happs vs. worg - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Happs damage - (1d4+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Worg vs. Cass - (1d20+7)

(18) + 7 = 25

Damage - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Trip attempt - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Jun 3, 2020 7:13 pm
Cassian grimaces from the pain in his side. Quickly rolling away from the worg, he stands up and attacks a second time.
OOC:
I'll only roll for the sword, but if I can still attack with the shield, let me know and I'll add it

Also in case the attack is a crit, I added in the necessary rolls.
Last edited June 3, 2020 7:16 pm

Rolls

Sword attack - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Damage (if attack is successful) - (1d8+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Crit confirmation - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Crit damage - (1d8+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jun 5, 2020 4:00 pm
The worg snaps at Cass as he rises, but the agile warrior blocks the bite and responds with a thrust of his own. His sword bites deeply into the oversized wolf and it slowly sinks to the ground, breathing heavily. In one merciful stroke, the worg is finished and Happs finds his feet unsteadily. The remainder of the return to Olegs passes without further incident. As the pair of you limp into the trading post, you are met by a new face, a balding gentleman with a thick mustache, and the beginnings of a beard. He rushes to your side. "You're injured! Allow me to help!" he intones a few words and your wounds begin to close. He then does the same for Happs. (Cass regains 9 points, and Happs regains 10 points.)

After your wounds have knit, he introduces himself. "I am Jhod Kavken, a traveling priest of Erastil and hunter come to lend my services to Oleg."

Rolls

Worg Attack of Opportunity - (1d20+7)

(9) + 7 = 16

Cure light wounds (Cass) - (1d8+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Cure light wounds (Happs) - (1d8+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Jun 8, 2020 10:10 am
Cassian breathes easier as he feels his wound heal. Well met, and much appreciated Jhod! I am Ser Cassian Lembeda, I'm charged with taming this area of wilderness. What brings you out this far from society? I dare say it's not for a simple stroll.
Jun 8, 2020 4:33 pm
"As I say, I heard of the charter and came this way to lend my aid to Oleg and spread the word of Erastil to these uncharted lands. My timing appears fortuitous."
Jun 8, 2020 4:41 pm
Indeed sir, your timing was fortuitous. I owe you a debt, please tell me how I may return the favor? Cassian stands there speaking to Jhod as Happs tests his footing.
Jun 8, 2020 5:12 pm
OOC:
I just realized that you've met Jhod. That will teach me to keep track of my NPCs. It doesn't change that he heals you and Happs.
Jun 8, 2020 5:17 pm
OOC:
No worries, it's all good. We can simply continue from the healing.
Jun 11, 2020 1:21 pm
Cassian smiles as Jhod perform his healing magic. You have my thanks Jhod. I'm sorry to say, that so far there's been no sightings of a temple. I'll keep looking though, have no fear. Now, has anything of interest happened while I've been gone?
Jun 11, 2020 7:47 pm
"Fortunately, no," Oleg says a bit grumpily. "Since you tamed those bandits we've seen little activity. But if you're looking for something to keep busy..." he hands you a wanted poster that depicts a monstrous pig named Tuskgutter. "That monster took old retired Vekkel Benzen's leg a year ago he has promised a nice reward to anyone who brings it down. Just bring the head to me to claim the reward. Vekkel plans to make head cheese from it and has promised to share as part of the reward."
Jun 11, 2020 7:49 pm
Cassian accepts the paper with a smile. I shall take care of the foul beast. Thank you again Brother Jhod.
Jun 15, 2020 5:47 pm
Jhod smiles and nods. The night passes without incident and you set out the next day to the northwest. Finding nothing, you get the feeling that it is time to wander a bit farther from home. You and Happs gather some camping supplies and journey forth, heading west. You spend the day exploring the woods. Late in the afternoon, you come across an arrow-shaped patch of radishes with four small reptilian humanoids laying among them moaning and holding their bellies.
Jun 23, 2020 12:56 pm
Cass motions for Haps to hold up. Pointing at the reptilian forms on the ground, Cass quietly draws his sword and moves up to investigate.
Jun 24, 2020 1:32 am
As you draw near, the humanoids unsteadily rise to their feet, drawing shortswords. "Keep back!" They warn in Draconic. "This is our radish patch!" Happs looks confusedly at you, shrugging his shoulders.
Jun 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Cassian is momentarily speechless as he listens to the kobolds. Looking over at Happs, Cass translates what they said. They say this is their radish patch and that we need to basically keep back or else.

Turning back to the kobolds, Cassian replies to them in draconic. Easy...we mean no harm. Why is this radish so important?
Jul 6, 2020 4:53 pm
"They taste good! You've come to take them, but these are ours!" they reply in Draconic.
Jul 11, 2020 12:55 am
We haven't come to take the radishes. We are here to explore and nothing else. Yet if you want trouble, we will defend ourselves.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.